Fiber Optic Sights for "old" Kahr Firearms

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Fiber Optic Sights for "old" Kahr Firearms

Post by Old No7 »

Those who have older Kahr handguns may be aware that Kahr changed the shape of their dovetails on slides back in late 2004. The new-to-me Kahr T9 I recently acquired was sold with night sights that are long since dim, and it shipped out before the change was made too. As you'd expect, there are many more options for the "new style" Kahr sights, but those of us with the "old style" dovetails aren't totally left out...

For my recent birthday, I got a set of fiber optic sights from my bride that came from Dawson Precision (click for link) which fit the old-style Kahr dovetails. I installed the sights last night and then put 100 rounds through the T9 earlier today and they were "right on" -- which is guaranteed by Dawson Precision per their "Perfect Impact Policy".

I had no issues at all when removing the older sights, that is after I switched over to a heavier ball-peen hammer instead of the poly-headed gunsmith hammer I'd started off using. They installed easily, with a small amount of careful filing being done to the dovetails of each sight (Note: Never to the gun itself!) and the two aluminum punches that Dawson includes with the set worked really well.

I'm thinking about adding a similar set to my smaller CW380, but I'l leave my K9 as-is for now as it has a CT laser-grip on it. I'll just plan to use the T9 more and carry it a few times before I "pull the trigger" (pun intended!) to add them to the smaller 380, as the jury is still out on how robust the front sight optic will prove to be with regular carry... But I'm already pretty convinced there will be no issues at all with the robust rear sight, as it seems really well made and is well protected by steel -- not aluminum -- ears on each side of the sight body.

I've included some images below. I really like how these worked at the range today -- they were very easy to see and very accurate, and I was hitting 100% on the steel plates that we have setup.

Tight groups!

Old No7

Dawson Prec FO Sights 03.jpg

Dawson Prec FO Sights 01 (Small).jpg

Dawson Prec FO Sights 02 (Small).jpg

New-old Slide Kahr (Small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Fiber Optic Sights for "old" Kahr Firearms

Post by piller »

Thanks for the information. My unstable daughter has a Kahr. I am trying to find a way to get it away from her before trying to get her committed. Knowing more about the pistol is interesting for me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost