Putty-tat meets BIG Putty-tat

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Putty-tat meets BIG Putty-tat

Post by AJMD429 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... qN2Ed65Ca4

Same thing happened when my daughter's cat 'met' my son's dog...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
65bee
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Putty-tat meets BIG Putty-tat

Post by 65bee »

Bet your daughter appreciated that! Ugly dogs need a .223 caliber 'sleeping pill'! The cat that time, next time it could turn on a grandchild. Wouldn't have it around.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc, we had cougars killing cocker spaniels with a loud thump against the patio sliding doors in rural southern Oregon -- and the animal-rights zealots said the problem was people should not be living there.
Don't get me started ... :twisted:
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Doc AJ, thanks for the video. I have seen a couple of Panthers when I lived in Florida, one fairly close and the other one probably seventy yards. I have heard them scream some way to close in a cow camp outside of Arcadia, Desoto county.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Related to Cougars eating things;
Have any of you cat owners ever heard a cougar chewing up a deer out in the woods at night?

I have and it can be heard for a good distance on a still night. When growing up, we had cats and dogs and that sound I heard sounded like a feeding house cat multiplied by at least ten or so. Loud purring and crunching of bones! Since it was dark and raining, rather than stalking the sounds, I just checked my rifle safety and trudged on back to my Scout.
A few months later a big female lion was killed there by turkey hunters.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Several years ago, we had a coyote take a woman's dachshund from right in front of her. A panther/mountain lion would probably be even scarier. If I knew of a big cat being in the area, I would not let my terriers outside without keeping an eye on them with a gun in hand. I will pay the fine after saving my dogs.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

piller wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:01 am Several years ago, we had a coyote take a woman's dachshund from right in front of her. A panther/mountain lion would probably be even scarier. If I knew of a big cat being in the area, I would not let my terriers outside without keeping an eye on them with a gun in hand. I will pay the fine after saving my dogs.
"Several years ago". Heck that's a darned near daily occurrence here. They yotes will take them right off the leash you're hanging on to. It is funny, quite a few folks just thought it was cool that coyotes lived so close. That is right up until it killed or maimed their pet or child. Funny how reality can change folks minds.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
vonfatman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by vonfatman »

i wouldn't want either size cat on our farm.

feral cats (basically any free-ranging cat) are caught and dispatched. no prisoners. ever.

thank goodness we do not have mountain lions here. if they were to appear, i'd certainly be
concerned. i would be plenty concerned for my family, pets, neighbors, livestock etc...

most states provide for legal dispatch of dangerous or threatening critters.

bob
"Onward thru the Fog"
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

I'm not a cat fan myself and some might say I have a quite warped sense of humor, that being said... However I'm just going to delete all that.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

WTF?

Are people not allowed to have opinions?

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

FWiedner wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:58 pm WTF?

Are people not allowed to have opinions?

:?:
I made judgement call just didn'tseem to be going on a benefitial direction.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

David if this was about possums getting in to my hen house and killing my hens and people talking about how to stop them would that be OK ?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

JerryB wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:34 pm David if this was about possums getting in to my hen house and killing my hens and people talking about how to stop them would that be OK ?
If you kids named you chickens and your answer was putting explosives in their stomachs and detonating them to watch your children cry while taking one for the cause, possibly.

Were all adults and boards should just run and no-one should be complaining about posts.
I'm not claiming that I was right and someone was wrong, I just didn't see a big loss and made a judgement call.

Your always welcome to talk to the boss, I'm mostly just a visitor here.