holster for glock 21c ,45acp

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

holster for glock 21c ,45acp

Post by rossim92 »

looking for a paddle holster for my glock, kinda like the serpa holsters with the internal lock to keep from falling and use your index finger to unlock while drawing. My son is more of a gun nut then I am. He does not recommend that style since he had read leo's were shooting themselves in the leg while holstering the pistol since the older glocks do not have an external safety. Any ideas as to a certain style holster that is less likely to cause an acidental discharge while holstering? :roll:
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Re: holster for glock 21c ,45acp

Post by rock-steady »

I've had good luck with several holsters from Comp-Tac.

https://comp-tac.com/paddle-holster-owb ... -comp-tac/
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Bianchi make a holster that automatically locks in the gun . You use your middle finger to unlock for draw, keeping your trigger finger clear of bad habits. I have both and never use the serpa type for duty.

I think they are called "Carry Lok". I will double check when I get home.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Safariland also makes and ALS holster that you use your thumb to unlock. Not sure if it comes in paddle style
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

I have the Bianchi model 82 holster for glock 21. My 10 mil fits perfect, use middle finger to unlock. I love it. No problem shooting my leg holstering as I don't carry a round in the chamber. Have used it extensively at the farm doing chores, and works so well I have retired my colt 1911 for farm chores due to the weight. I would buy another such holster in a minute :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

octagon wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:30 pm I have the Bianchi model 82 holster for glock 21. My 10 mil fits perfect, use middle finger to unlock. I love it. No problem shooting my leg holstering as I don't carry a round in the chamber. Have used it extensively at the farm doing chores, and works so well I have retired my colt 1911 for farm chores due to the weight. I would buy another such holster in a minute :D
That's good to know. I'm still TRYING to like Glocks, but just can't get warm and fuzzy about ANY handgun that doesn't have an exposed hammer. (In fact, one of the reasons I like leverguns is that most of them have exposed hammers...)

So far, CCW is either a 1911 double-stack (I really love the 'rounder' revolver-like grip), or a Taurus PT-92 (like a Beretta 92 with a '1911-style' sweep-down safety), and the 'house-pistol' is another Taurus-92 with a StreamLight light/laser on it, but my 'chore' pistols (where they may get dropped on gravel, sat-on in manure, or whatever) are either an aging AMT 1911, or a Glock 9mm, since both of those have proven indestructible as well as ultra-reliable even when abused.

Getting all three (CCW, 'house', and 'chore') to the same model would be ideal. Probably for ME, the best next-step would be either go 'all-1911' in which case I need a light/laser one for 'house' use, or an 'all-PT-92' mode where I add a stripped-down, beat-up PT-92 for 'chores'. Going 'all-Glock' would mean adding both a CCW piece I like, as well as a 'house' one (easy to do by just putting the StreamLight on my Glock). The RUB is finding a Glock I can get along with for CCW, and I really don't like guns without 'exposed hammers'.
Hmmmm.............. :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

AJMD429 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:25 pm
That's good to know. I'm still TRYING to like Glocks, but just can't get warm and fuzzy about ANY handgun that doesn't have an exposed hammer. (In fact, one of the reasons I like leverguns is that most of them have exposed hammers...)
A Glock is safer to use and carry than a revolver.
It's function is similar to a DAO revolver.
A gun without a round in the chamber is nigh useless.
The only way to shoot yourself is to do something stupid like pull the trigger before you have aimed
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

thanks for the info
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

"A gun without a round in the chamber is nigh useless"
I submit that the ghosts of many many rattlesnakes at my ranch would argue this point. If they were able. :D
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

octagon wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:38 am "A gun without a round in the chamber is nigh useless"
I submit that the ghosts of many many rattlesnakes at my ranch would argue this point. If they were able. :D
Did you hammer them with the butt?
Beard
Levergunner

Post by Beard »

Try custom made ones from Craft Holsters here https://www.craftholsters.com/glock-21- ... e-holsters
1894c

Post by 1894c »

We got rid and do not allow the use of a Blawkhawk Sepra Holsters, we were first made aware of this through a couple of Federal Agencies that had issues with them. I really liked them... I use a local leather holster maker in my part of this earth... :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H_LVvSE7aI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BfsoIJbFis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLskSn2Trzc
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yep. This video was what I first saw about the issue. Looks like from that first one you posted that holstering may be as dangerous as unholstering though...Yikes...!

https://youtu.be/GDpxVG9XFJc
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "