Another reason I like Dillon Reloading stuff....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Another reason I like Dillon Reloading stuff....

Post by AJMD429 »

If you look CLOSELY at their July 2018 Catalog Cover, you might see there is a Levergun on it . . . . . :mrgreen:
1528601760404.jpg
. . . . and no, I can't figger out how to make the picture upright. :| . . . . but if you click on it for a full-size view, it will be upright. . . . :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: Another reason I like Dillon Reloading stuff....

Post by claybob86 »

Took some studying and self-discipline, but yes, there does seem to be a levergun in the picture... 8)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Showed it to mrs. ray and she thought the model had pretty eyes and I asked "what eyes ?"
m.A.g.a. !
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Mine has not arrived as yet.
I shall be checking the mail daily!
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I'll tell you another reason to like Dillion. They haven't succumbed to the current trend to remove beautiful women from their publications. Anyone else remember the Rigid calendars?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

I remember then well and I believe there is a pun to be made here too. :D
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

a little off the original topic but the whole calendar thing for me thinking about it. When I drove truck I got a load in Virginia at a pallet company going to Newark airport in New Jersey. Real time sensitive important customer blah blah blah. I am like ok what's the big deal a load of pallets. When I get there they back me in and load my whole 48 foot trailer with 20 shrink wrapped and bubble wrapped pallets......nothing on them just pallets. They were red and had a white snap on in each corner. I took them to the airport and away they go. A couple months later I am at a parts counter ordering something when I look up and there are the pallets under Miss Snap On.
Sure wish I had been one of those pallets.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I don't have my readers on and my "jack elam deadeye" won't cooperate and is looking at the ceiling but this one reminds me of barbi benton way back in the day
th.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I like the catalogs so much I also get their calendars! :D

HOWEVER, Mrs. YK, though she "tolerates" both (the catalogs and the calendars), was none too pleased with this last edition. She thought the model looked underage. I have to agree.

Having a teenage daughter makes one suddenly very aware of all of this. The Dillon models are always young, but not that young! :shock:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:49 pmHOWEVER, Mrs. YK, though she "tolerates" both (the catalogs and the calendars), was none too pleased with this last edition. She thought the model looked underage. I have to agree.
A true sign you're getting "older"! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:49 pm I like the catalogs so much I also get their calendars! :D

HOWEVER, Mrs. YK, though she "tolerates" both (the catalogs and the calendars), was none too pleased with this last edition. She thought the model looked underage. I have to agree.

Having a teenage daughter makes one suddenly very aware of all of this. The Dillon models are always young, but not that young! :shock:
The RULE is you can only think lustful thoughts about females older than your oldest daughter.....so no more ogling when I drive through the local college campus in springtime.....before long, I'll have to go to the nursing home for thrills.... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:26 pm
Ysabel Kid wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:49 pm I like the catalogs so much I also get their calendars! :D

The RULE is you can only think lustful thoughts about females older than your oldest daughter.....so no more ogling when I drive through the local college campus in springtime.....before long, I'll have to go to the nursing home for thrills.... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BTW, Cathy Rankin is my favorite Dillon Blue Press model of all time. Fortunately she is older than my daughter!!! :D :D :D
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

So what gun is that? Look at where the front sight is.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Maybe I'm going blind, but to me the young lady appears to be early to mid twenties. Certainly not underage. Now, it makes me wonder about those that think she looks underage. I know that kids today, both male and female appear to be younger than I thought I looked at that age. That's just old age talking. But take a serious look at her, compare he to women you know of her age and it's obvious she isn't a kid, but an attractive young woman.

And, when the male of the species stops being attracted to the female of the species, well, we are just the youngest generation away from extinction.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad