Rifle Rods

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Rifle Rods

Post by GunnyMack »

Recently I picked up a used Cabelas 24 gun safe. Of course 24 wasn't enough room. I saw a product called Rifle Rods on one of the hunting shows and decided to try them out. They work on the Velcro concept, rod has the 'hook' and you apply the 'loop' to underside of top shelf.
I ordered a 20 pack. This afternoon I emptied the safe to do the install. Yup you guessed it, 20 still isn't enough rods! So I ordered another 2 6 packs of rods. However I'm now able to increase the safe capacity by at least 10 long guns!
So far it seems like a winner system.
Amazon has the kits.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Rifle Rods

Post by FWiedner »

OK... So you hang 34 guns in a 24-gun safe...

When you want the one in the back left corner, do you have to empty the safe to get to it?

:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well yes and no, just pull out the ones in front of the one you want. The ones that get more use I'm keeping to the front.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have been using these for a few years now, and I am still happy with them. I believe they are rifle Rodz, though.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

FWiedner wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:47 pm OK... So you hang 34 guns in a 24-gun safe...

When you want the one in the back left corner, do you have to empty the safe to get to it?

:?:
Fred, Fred. .... You already know by now. The one you want is ALWAYS in the back, no matter how you try to organize them.
Ask the guy who has more than double the capacity in his safe
Sometimes I panic when I can't find one, thinking I sold it and forgot or left it in the woods :shock:
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

vancelw wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:57 am
FWiedner wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:47 pm Sometimes I panic when I can't find one, thinking I sold it and forgot or left it in the woods :shock:
Been there; done that! :shock: :lol: