Providence Tool Sights

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
levers
Levergunner 2.0

Providence Tool Sights

Post by levers »

I'm going to be buying one of the Providence Tool copies of the Lyman 21. I posted in the classifieds to see if anyone might have a one laying around that they aren't going to use. But, if I end up buying a new one, where would you suggest I buy it from. I have found two places on line for about the same price. Is there a best place?
Thanks
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Providence Tool Sights

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I'm partial to Buffalo Arms in Idaho. They have them for $147.22. Don't know where else you are looking.
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

Buffalo Arms is where I've bought mine as well.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

+3 on the Buffalo Arms. When I bought mine only Providence Tool had them. Well made.......

If you strip the finish...as I did....and rust blue it, you can make it match the finish of any gun you have.-----6
Model A Uzi’s
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

I recently bought two of them for my Winchester 1895 rifles from Buffalo Arms. One rifle is an 1898 vintage octagon-barreled .38-72 and the other is a recent production .405 with color case receiver. Both look great with their new sight. Keep in mind you may have to replace the front sight to get your rifle "on" with the new receiver sight. One other little thing I did was drill out and tap the fixed aperture on the Providence sight to accept a Merit adjustable eyepiece. Works great for target shooting.

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

http://www.peabodyrifle.com/sights.html

Buy it from the manufacturer and expect superb customer service.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
southfork
Levergunner 2.0

Post by southfork »

Do you have to drill and tap a Winchester Model 1895 receiver for this sight, or not?
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

southfork wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 5:45 pm Do you have to drill and tap a Winchester Model 1895 receiver for this sight, or not?
One hole had to be tapped and one has two be drilled and tapped. These sights come with all the drill bits and taps you need.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Real men shoot with open sights on the barrel. This sort of going is just a half measure to a scope.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Real men shoot with open sights on the barrel. This sort of thing is just a half measure to a scope.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Old Savage wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:31 pm Real men shoot with open sights on the barrel. This sort of thing is just a half measure to a scope.
Troll, much?
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle