any cartridge collectors here?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

any cartridge collectors here?

Post by jnyork »

Across the street neighbor came over this evening and gave this old box of cartridges, box is full, cartridges are original. On the bottom of the box is marked with some sort of crayon or marker, 1.70. Note they are "mushroom bullets", meaning hollow points. Also, "smokeless" "non-corrosive"
cartridges. Make me think these might be pre-WWII.

Can anyone give me an age estimate on these, also what might be the value if any? Thanks.

claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: any cartridge collectors here?

Post by claybob86 »

Don't know if this helps, but I have a box of .357s that looks just like that except "Hi-Speed" is italicized, the part of the end panels where it says the caliber are red with white print, and it's metal point bullets, not mushroom. On the sides of the box where yours says "Ammunition", mine says "Hi-Speed". All the stuff about Kleanbore non-corrosive priming is the same. I believe this box was new in 1955.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If I had a box like that until people with a straight face that those for what I used when I went 'mushroom hunting'.... :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I collect UMC, Rem-UMC, and Rem. ammo. I agree with Ray on it being the post WWII-1960 vintage box.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/