My Response to EBay's cry for help

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

My Response to EBay's cry for help

Post by JohndeFresno »

EBay sent me a long e-mail, crying for help because of the pending movement to tax their transactions.

I sent them a quick response.

You will see that I still use EBay upon occasion and I know that this does not meet the approval of several here, but regardless that is my choice. It is only if I can't find an item at a fair price, or if it is an outdated, non-stocked item. But again, that is for me to decide, so a flurry of protests against my marketing choices won't change the way this ol' boy sometimes does business.

Regardless of how the threat of Internet tax might affect me, I certainly won't join any movement sponsored by EBay to mitigate this draconian money grab. I will go elsewhere with my objections. So:

EBay folks,
You lost a ton of support from sportsmen, hunters, and honest law-abiding citizens who wish to have home and family protection against the muggers, home invastions, AntiFa hordes and other mad or radical threats that threaten the very foundations of our formerly free society.

When you abandoned the freedom of speech and choice by dropping all legal firearm sales, you lost this support. Folks like me still use your services frequently, but frankly won't lift a finger to defend you. If your admittedly excellent marketing tool fails, so be it. We will go elsewhere.

I am a retired 38 1/2 year law enforcement officer from County and State agencies - and I can assure you that I have personally responded to scores of scenes where assaults, mayhem, even murder could not be stopped by me or anybody else. We just picked up the pieces, since no cop can respond in the 45 seconds it takes to attack an honest citizen, unless he is standing at that location - highly unlikely!

Wake up and realize that as a merchant who cares not about the safety of many of its patrons, they will be responding to your "cry for help" in kind.

[JohndeFresno]
[My Town], CA
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My Response to EBay's cry for help

Post by Bill in Oregon »

BRAVO, John!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thanks, Bill.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:07 pm BRAVO, John!
A BIG Amen and +1 to that -- well said!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

well said sir.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

i think its wonderful that these @^#^#^$; are finally getting to reap the rewards of their leftism
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks for your letter to EBay, I have not bought through them just for that reason. I do very little online shopping.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Well said John.....you could have added that if there were not so many liberals with outstretched hands, there would not be such an immediate demand for revenue.---6
Model A Uzi’s
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I don't know that I'd care if EBay cratered into a deep fiery Internet hole, but like all taxes on business, Ebay will never have to pay a dime. The cost of taxes will be passed on to the customer. Ebay's expense will be gearing up to calculate those taxes which will be inflicted on Ebay's users, and they'll eventually pass that cost to their customers too.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

FWiedner wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:37 am I don't know that I'd care if EBay cratered into a deep fiery Internet hole, but like all taxes on business, Ebay will never have to pay a dime. The cost of taxes will be passed on to the customer. Ebay's expense will be gearing up to calculate those taxes which will be inflicted on Ebay's users, and they'll eventually pass that cost to their customers too.

:|
yep! you got that right! on another note, raising minimum wage has the same effect on jobs, either business's have to raise prices or lay off workers. It all a domino effect. the customer ultimately pays for it all.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Good letter.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Good on you 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The Hoplophobes will be going HoggWild. :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I got that same email from EBay today, and responded much the same, declining to sign their petition, and the reason(s) why.

I did get a "thank you for your response" email late this afternoon............... automated/no-reply, of course..........

Alphawolf45
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Alphawolf45 »

Taxing purchases made online (and not just affecting Ebay) is very bad for those of us that live miles from town of any size and rely on the internet...I'll go to town to buy a firearm to avoid transfer hassles but the same store does not stock scope mounts , tang or globe sights nor a host of other products that can only be bought online..I can spend better part of a day and significant gasoline looking for an item that may not be available anywhere in town. How about Brownells and Midway and Green Mountain barrels..Will you be happy to pay sales tax when you need to place an order?...I operate a small machineshop..Mail order is the only way I can acquire most of my tools and most of those that I can find locally are a 140 mile round trip.

Friend of mine is buying a $6600.00 Grizzly milling machine..If ordered online it is no sales tax and $375.00 freight..If he drives 250 miles each way to the Grizzly store in Mo. to transport it home himself, he'll have to pay - I believe he said- $500.00 in sales tax and be out all that time and gas money...Agreeing to allow Ebay to collect sales tax because of past grievenaces is just as short sighted as agreeing to a ban on 30 round magazines because a crazy guy shot up a concert..
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Great response with your usual class and intelligence.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

magyars4
Levergunner 1.0

Post by magyars4 »

Well done!
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Excellent response.
It is not the critic who counts
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thank you all for your very kind words. I hope the message gets through.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Me too!

Well said, as always! :D
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thanks, YK!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:23 amGreat response with your usual class and intelligence.
+1. I feel this is simply a step in the move to be able to tax all "out-of-state" sales... whether made thru the internet, phone or snail mail.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I do not use eBay so I was unaware of their current problems, it follows that if you ostracized certain customers you certainly can't count on their support. Your letter points this out perfectly.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.