Another 'Eastwood' Movie...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Another 'Eastwood' Movie...

Post by AJMD429 »

https://clashamerica.com/clint-eastwood ... -liberals/

It would be cool if these kids, who were allowed to play themselves in the movie, instead of hiring some professional 'actors', would win Academy Awards - but of course they have the wrong world-view to be so rewarded.... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another 'Eastwood' Movie...

Post by JerryB »

In Hollywood heros are make believe, not real.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

In Hollyweird heroes are LGBT who fight the system and win.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Your right on the money there Rusty.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Agreed (and disgusted).

I will see this new CE movie though!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Or 90 pound women who beat the snot out of all the guys
jfwlb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jfwlb »

Saw this last Saturday in Phoenix with my Mom. I have to say it can't be easy to make a two hour movie about a three minute event, but they pulled it off. Lots of back storey. Wasn't a "blockbuster" or lots of action movie, but it did hold my interest the entire time. Usually, if a movie is not lots of action, I get bored easily, but not this time. Was nice to spend my money supporting conservative values and real American heroes for a change.

Of course it didn't hurt that the movie theater hall a full bar inside the lobby.

John
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm less a "movie" guy, than a "book" guy. Saw it on the bookshelf and bought it. Didn't regret a single cent of what it cost. Look forward to seeing the movie.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Saw it last night on date night with Mrs fordwannabe. The actors...aren't, but they are the guys who did what needed done in real life. The first part dragged a little but, to me, it showed that these were average americans who had good days and bad days, not super heros, or people with extraordinary physical attributes.
My overall take, it is a feelgood movie. The guys who performed this heroic act are gonna get a little change in their pockets as a result of the movie, and I would much rather have real American heros get paid than leftist azzhats, AND It seems to be driving the liberals bat stuff crazy, what's not to like? One review I saw stated, this movie just shows that Americans think violence is the answer to everything...the terrorist had an AK and a train full of hostages, and had already shot one guy, what would they suggest, talking about his relationship with his Mother????
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I snuck off today and saw it at the matinee.
It did drag a bit at first, but in the second half, things were flowing more smoothly and it was easier to forget that the three weren't professional actors. I think hving them play themselves made it all the better.
People are so used to seeing unrealistic fights and shootouts that a real-life scenario seems anti-climatic to them.
To me, it was a realistic telling of the events, and that made it visceral to me. My guts were churning, even knowing it was going to turn out okay.

I was shocked to see that it only had 5.0 stars out of 10 on IMDB. All I can figure is, the little babies who need and explosion every 5 minutes because they can't follow a plot, ranked it low.

When the time comes to "do something", will you? Or will you hide and hope someone does it for you?
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle