13 PROBLEMS WITH PORK

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

13 PROBLEMS WITH PORK

Post by J Miller »

Note: I found this on FB. It was posted by my SIL who makes money posting all sorts of things. I was wondering if those who know things here on Leverguns could verify or dispute what this article says.
In other words is it truth in any way shape or form, or written by a muslim trying to cause trouble?
Joe

13 PROBLEMS WITH PORK

1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.
2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.
3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.
4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.
5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.
6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.
7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.
Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.
9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.
10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.
11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8).
12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.
13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: 13 PROBLEMS WITH PORK

Post by claybob86 »

After all these years of eating bacon, sausage, ribs, pork chops, ham, etc., how can it be that I'm still alive? :o
Have you hugged your rifle today?
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Ridiculous falsehoods.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"......this message sponsored by your local beef growers association....." :lol:

They actually are less likely than many other livestock to get the prion diseases, which if anything, could make pork safer...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

IMO it sounds like someone working to justify their belief........... :roll:

The person doth protest too much.

KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Instead of asking others to disprove her silly assertions, why not ask her to cite evidence for her claims?

I pretty sure 9 is wrong; I've compared the labels on various cuts of meat. 11 and 12 are mostly irrelevant given modern farming practices, and what gets through is dealt with by proper care in the kitchen. For wild pig, proper cooking and hand washing will take care of most problems, although the CDC says one bacteria (brucellosis) can be spread by fluid contact at slaughter (but is killed on cooking).

8 sounds goofy. The CDC says cooking takes care of all medical concerns with wild pig meat, and a quick google check finds Mississippi State saying "Thorough cooking will destroy all parasites and kill bacteria. Cook wild pork to an internal temperature of 165°F to 170°F." I do recall, though, some forms of life can survive boiling, but I've never read of these in pigs. Again, ask her for proof.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Pigs WILL eat any other animal but they will NOT eat their own kind.
Buzzards are the most vile creature on the planet- ever see buzzards eating a roadkill? Buzzards get killed and aren't ever consumed by their kin!
As for the rest of it, it's BSor should I say PS!!
Sounds like muslim propaganda to me...
Time to air drop thousands of hogs from Texas over there with time delay fuses.....
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I thought. I can't ask the poster to prove the claims as she simply "shared" it. Some dumb FB thing.

I figured that as much pork as I've eaten in my life if any of that was true I'd be long dead.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Fixin' to have a nice pan of bacon this evening to go with our waffles. MMMMMM, good. :D
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I like pork. It's a darned good thing I ain't a follower of Mohamad.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
ethang
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ethang »

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

true story. I saw it on FB
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

There is a lot of agenda driven science out there today. People pay for a study to prove what they want to be so. Avocado growers pay to have a study touting the health benefits of eating "just one a day." Almond growers ask you just eat one handful a day. Florida citrus writes catchy jingles to get people to consume more of their products. Sometimes you put down the other guy's stuff to promote yourself.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Muslim? I dunno, sounds more like my vegan-lesbian-greenie-breastfed-to-age-5 niece to me. Excuse me while I go back thru the BBQ buffet line again...
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:16 pm Pigs WILL eat any other animal but they will NOT eat their own kind.
Buzzards are the most vile creature on the planet- ever see buzzards eating a roadkill? Buzzards get killed and aren't ever consumed by their kin!
As for the rest of it, it's BSor should I say PS!!
Sounds like muslim propaganda to me...
Time to air drop thousands of hogs from Texas over there with time delay fuses.....

I've seen buzzards and chickens competing for the same maggot crawling roadkill, also I've seen chickens eat chickens (alive and dead). That is why I can't stand the taste, smell, or thought of chicken.
Fresh pork, I can do without. Cured pork is OK.
As far as I'm concerned, the four approved food groups are beef, beef, beef, and bacon.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I've been a Meat cutter for 46 years and I can say this is a load of Pelosi....for more than 30 years the pork industry has worked to change the way people thought about pork. I got sick of hearing about pork being the other "white meat". most of the pork in the supermarket is so lean it's like trying to eat a shoe.
One week coffee is bad, then it's beer, last week it was hot tea, if you drink or smoke and like hot tea you have a high risk of cancer.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I've seen way too many old people at bbq joints and pig pickings to worry about the moderate amounts of pork I eat. Just have some sense about it. Obviously bacon is very fatty. Chops and tender loin are pretty lean. That marbling in good beef steaks is fat. Pigs will eat nearly anything with any nutritive value. Chickens and fish will too if they can get it down their gullets. Livers and kidneys detoxify the body, not sweat. Heat kills parasitic worms and their cysts, ova etc.

All of these claims are either outright false, ludacris conclusions based on facts, or irrelevant to human safety.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Facebook, like Wikipedia.... eventually making things "fact".

Slow is just slow.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

OK, I was not aware that those organisms which live in deep oceanic geothermal vents were able to colonize pigs. I guess pigs are so radioactive and dangerous that they will kill us all in another 6 months. Which laboratory did these things come out of and why haven't I heard of them before? Are they the reason that the dinosaurs went extinct last week?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I eat lots of pork and after its through my digestive system, I repack it into pattties of about a half pound, freeze it, add some Jewish spices, then donate it to the mosque in philly.

I get lots of feedback telling me that after its cooked it smells better than the subhumans eating it.----6
Model A Uzi’s
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Hogwash!
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

765x53 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 pm As far as I'm concerned, the four approved food groups are beef, beef, beef, and bacon.

You are in serious error, Sir ! :roll:

The 4 approved food groups are: Chili, Turkey Legs, Pizza & beer. :mrgreen:

mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

OK, I admit to being a big city boy (grew up in the Los Angeles area) and I've prolly never been closer than 10 feet from a pig/hog/swine. But I have a hard time believing most of the listed items about pigs. I saw on a Dr. Pol's program where pigs were eating another pig alive and they started with the ears and the exit vent.

Now even a city bread, know nuttin' about farm animals feller like me has a hard time believing number 13. A "pus canal" to the feet? I can be gullible about some things but I think this is up there with Pelosi voting pro-2nd Amendment...

But I'm still kickin' at 71 after growing up in an Okie/Texan influenced home with bacon every morning, ham 5 or 6 times a year, fried pork chops, fat back and ham hocks in our beans (once or twice a week), Ma made a great pork chops and gravy, and I often ate pickled pigs feet (goes great with home brew)...
Mike
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

All this started back when the Hebrews developed their code for a Kosher kitchen. Probably lots of people sickened and died from poor sanitation.
I've eaten in dives all over Korea, Central and South America and never got sick. The worst food poisoning I ever got was from some WallyWorld tater salad and I was deathly sick for two weeks. Same for a microwave burrito I bought at a gas station in Washington.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:16 pm Pigs WILL eat any other animal but they will NOT eat their own kind.
No, pigs will eat other pigs. I have seen it happen.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Ask Rusty, ain't nothing gooder than pork chops fried in an iron skillet with grits and tomato gravy. My wife is from Kansas but she did learn to cook and we do like our pork fresh or cured.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

JerryB wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 pm Ask Rusty, ain't nothing gooder than pork chops fried in an iron skillet with grits and tomato gravy. My wife is from Kansas but she did learn to cook and we do like our pork fresh or cured.
Let's hear more about that tomato gravy. 🐖

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 am I eat lots of pork and after its through my digestive system, I repack it into pattties of about a half pound, freeze it, add some Jewish spices, then donate it to the mosque in philly.

I get lots of feedback telling me that after its cooked it smells better than the subhumans eating it.----6
That just cracked me up. I think this retirement thing agrees with you Six and has honed your already creative mind. :)
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

I dunno. That wild boar sausage in my freezer tastes pretty darn good in the morning with scrambled eggs and toast.

I'm sure he would disagree with me of course.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Pete44ru wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 pm
765x53 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 pm As far as I'm concerned, the four approved food groups are beef, beef, beef, and bacon.

You are in serious error, Sir ! :roll:

The 4 approved food groups are: Chili, Turkey Legs, Pizza & beer. :mrgreen:

Wrong, they are: sugars, fats, salt, and caffeine.. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:51 pm That just cracked me up. I think this retirement thing agrees with you Six and has honed your already creative mind. :)
Thanks McNut dude! :D As an uneducated layman, I was gifted with common sense and see things like they really are, as opposed to the highly "educated" leftists........In my 43 years of being a layman I have seen the rise and fall of the American worker....at one time, you could make a good living being a blue collar guy but as the years went on, lots of immigrants cut into our business...especially the tractor trailer drivers.......and instead of keeping our values up and sticking together to keep wages up, they backstabbed us old heads and sided with the company, agreeing to things like working weekends for straight time, overtime after forty hours instead of daily eight hours, reduced medical coverage, no early retirement, giving up our pension for 401 k plans, and worst of all, agreeing to driving tractor trailers for 7 to 10 bucks an hour.

That's why I got out at 62 while the contract still somewhat provided a livable retirement.---6
Model A Uzi’s
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

BlaineG wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:14 pm
JerryB wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 pm Ask Rusty, ain't nothing gooder than pork chops fried in an iron skillet with grits and tomato gravy. My wife is from Kansas but she did learn to cook and we do like our pork fresh or cured.
Let's hear more about that tomato gravy. 🐖
+1

You don't just bring something like that up and then drop it...

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

Up until the end of the Civil War the main meat was pork in the US. When the Europeans were colonizing someplace they always brought pigs with them.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

TOMATO GRAVY. ya'll know that to be done right pork chops have to fried in an old iron skillet. When you think they are done just right put them on a platter. Take your flipper over tool and scrape the bottom of the skillet, then add a couple of spoons of flour just like making any gravy. When the flour has sopped up the grease add one big can of tomatoes and stir until it thickens just enough to stay on a pile of grits salt and pepper and go to it like a hog in a trough full of slop. This is an old Florida recipe my mother started cooking this when we lived in Arcadia Florida during the 1940's.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If any of y'all ever make it to west central Fla. there are some restaurants that started here in Plant City, but have stretched out to Lakeland, Bartow, Riverview, and Winter Haven called FRED'S SOUTHERN KITCHEN. On their breakfast buffet they have tomato gravy every day along with biscuits, sausage gravy, grits, cheese grits, scrambled eggs, several kinds of hash browns, fried pork chops, fried chicken, bacon, sausage, along with a full salad bar.
Come on down!

twobit
Levergunner 2.0

Post by twobit »

J Miller wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:24 pm Note: I found this on FB. It was posted by my SIL who makes money posting all sorts of things. I was wondering if those who know things here on Leverguns could verify or dispute what this article says.
In other words is it truth in any way shape or form, or written by a muslim trying to cause trouble?
Joe

13 PROBLEMS WITH PORK

1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.
2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.
3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.
4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.
5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.
6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.
7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.
Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.
9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.
10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.
11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8).
12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.
13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the
Where in the hell do people come up with such stupidity??? And all the other people who nod there head and believe it. Please make them stop having babies and voting!!!

The only problem I have with pigs is that I don't get to hunt them enough. And yes, I absolutely do eat them.

And this is why we will never run out of them!!!

Michael
Michael Puzio
Winchester Model 1892 Collector, Research & Valuations
twobit
Levergunner 2.0

Post by twobit »

And I am an equal opportunity exterminator here in Texas. We can hunt them all year, all day, any method, with or without bait, use lights, thermal scopes, night vision. You name it I got it and use it. My favorite is a bow. Nice and up close and personal and quiet.

Michael
Michael Puzio
Winchester Model 1892 Collector, Research & Valuations
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Some feral puerco is pretty high on my list these days. Hope to get her done in 2018.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

JerryB wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:32 pm TOMATO GRAVY.

ya'll know that to be done right pork chops have to fried in an old iron skillet.
When you think they are done just right put them on a platter.

Take your flipper over tool and scrape the bottom of the skillet, then add a couple of spoons of flour just like making any gravy.
When the flour has sopped up the grease add one big can of tomatoes and stir until it thickens just enough to stay on a pile of grits salt and pepper and go to it like a hog in a trough full of slop.

This is an old Florida recipe my mother started cooking this when we lived in Arcadia Florida during the 1940's.

Umm-umm, GOOD ! ! . :mrgreen:

mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Bill, where do you hunt them in Oregon? I've got a couple loads for my Puma that I wanna try on a pig (265 gr RD design RNFP over a hefty charge of Blue Dot and a 240 gr. RD RNFP over WC820). I haven't run them over my chrony yer, but I'm pretty sure they would work jes fine...
Mike
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

IIRC, Bill's relocated to Arizona, where there's plenty of pork......... ;)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Tried the pork chops with grits and tomato gravy tonight.

MMmmm MMmmm goood!

Thanks for that idea, Jerry!

:mrgreen:

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

As far as pigs eating rattlesnakes, yes they do. The bull Pelosi is that pigs are immune to rattlesnake venom. Truth is that ths larger pigs have enough fat and gristle under the skin that the venom is left in a place where the blood flow is slow enough that the venom is able to be broken down in a manner which keeps it from getting into the broodstream directly. Most rattlesnake venom acts on the blood. A big rattler can kill a small piglet.

Being immune to something is not a sign of being evil or unclean. The Australian Funnel Web spider can kill a human, but horses and sheep are immune. Cobra venom can kill a human, but most varieties of mongoose are immune.

Poison Ivy can cause horrible reactions in humans, but some of us are immune. Hepatitis B can kill humans, but some of us are immune.

Immunities are not a sign of something bad.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

ethang wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:07 pm "The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

true story. I saw it on FB
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad thing is that a large portion of Generation Snowflake would believe it!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I raised and butchered free range mulefoot hogs for years. They are true omnivors but if allowed to range around they are very very clean animals. they only become filthy when confined. they are danged destructive though. that being said, my entire family, my neighbors and a lot of friends eat the meat....we are all pretty healthy
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Well, Mr. Wiedner, glad to hear that you tried it. There is a lot of good eating in this country we just don't know about.

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

How about some swamp cabbage to go with that wild pig?

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Rusty dad gum your old hide I ain't thot of that in a long time. My nephew said one of these trip up here he'll find a place to cut one for me hope he don't end up in jail again. But it would be some good eating with a couple of slabs of ribs. Now I'll probably have dreams of swamp cabbage salad and the a big pot of it boiled up.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I chunked up a pork loin and oven-roasted a mess of peppers and made chili/stew yesterday. For some reason, the chilis didn't have much heat, and it needs some cumin. I'll take care of that today. Mmmmmm
You People from Texas won't approve, but I put in some black beans, corn, rice, and barley. :lol: :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV