For lovers of martini rifles

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

For lovers of martini rifles

Post by barbarossa »

Just recently recieved this a Greener martini rook rifle.This gun was originally chambered for 310. Greener but has been relined and converted to 22lr by the A.G. Parker co.It has a 26inch barrel with a matted rib running full length of the barrel and a nice set of express sights.The action has checkered side panels with the remainer scroll engraved.It also has an all important safety and it is a takedown action as well.The gun has the prettiest pistol grip I ve ever seen on a gun.All and all it is one of the finest Martini rifles I ve ever owned.Condition though hard to see here is about 95 percent

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: For lovers of martini rifles

Post by M. M. Wright »

That is really nice man. Congratulations.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Pop Watts
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pop Watts »

You got me.
I love Martini's, and that is a fantastic example of one.
Great score.
Pop
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

These little Martinis are the four-weight fly rods of the rifle world. These often shoot as handsomely as they look. Have you had this to the range yet?
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

No I haven t had it out yet,I just got it in the mail yesterday though I am looking forward to taking it out.The only downside to getting this martini is I had to give up my winchester 9410 for it as I was strapped for cash.Up here in Canada the 9410s are hard to come by so I ended up selling it at twice what I paid for it giving me enough for the Martini and I figure I can always buy one of the new Henry lever 410 s if I want another, just couldn't t pass up this martini
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Martini Rook Rifles seem to be some of the most attractive of all the various Martini rifles I see! I've owned a couple of them and both were neat guns like yours. That's a very unique treatment to the sides of the receiver, and not one I've seen before! Very nice gun!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Man, that's nice. I gave up trying to get one off gunbroker. Kept getting outbid on 5 so far! I really like the receiver. Hope to hear the range report soon. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

I am jealous! Congratulations on a beautiful rifle. Let us know how it shoots. I have admired these Martini's for a very long time.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Send that on down to me and I'll test fire it for you for a few years, will let you know right away if there are any problems. :P
Tanqueray
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Tanqueray »

Beautiful wee rifle! I'm probably telling you what you already know, but the matte rib along the top of the barrel is to stop glare when using the open sights and aiming up at trees etc.
More meplat, more better.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Though it s hard to see in the pics the scroll on each side of the receiver is engraved ww greener.It also has a trap door buttplate
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Very nice indeed!!