The fall has started.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

The fall has started.

Post by Nath »

And it's time to get scouting.
Also get some squirrels in the bag.

I shot bad on one squirrel. I barked it and the fragments of bullet wounded the squirrel. Jess got in the mix and took a bite.

Tis a grand time of year.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: The fall has started.

Post by AmBraCol »

Thanks for sharing, Nath. Hope Jess heals well. Those rodents can be nasty biters!
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Look, look, everyone!!! :o

An Englishman can have a suppressor, but we cant without permission from Big Brother. :(
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

jnyork wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:21 am Look, look, everyone!!! :o

An Englishman can have a suppressor, but we cant without permission from Big Brother. :(
Yes you can - as long as it's on that type of "weapon"... a lot of folks call them "Lead Dust Catchers" (LDC for short) and they are a burgeoning part of the air rifle market place. You can order a rifle like that one from mrodair.com - but that's an upgraded hush attachment - the factory one leaves a lot to be desired.

Now, if you want one for a powder burner - file your paperwork, pay for your "stamp", stand in line behind everyone else already on the bandwagon...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Here in the people's republik on NJ ya can't have anything, ANYTHING that reduces noise on ANY type of firearm... Air rifles are FIREARMS here. If it wasn't for elderly mother I'd be looong gone!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

My long barrel old Winchester 72 is very, very quiet with CBs and the tube holds about a million of them. Well, only a half million. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

jnyork wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:21 am Look, look, everyone!!! :o

Hey, we have to have big brothers approval too.
Except airguns! Oh and shotguns, confused yet?
I am.....
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Umm Nath are sure you don't need a ROYAL DECREE?? :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Really hate to hear about Jess getting bitten. Sure enjoy your pics Nath. We now have a Yorky/Chiuaua and she has whiskers like Jess. She barks treed on squirrels too. When I heal up a little more I'll kill some for her.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

M. M. Wright wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:37 pm Really hate to hear about Jess getting bitten. Sure enjoy your pics Nath. We now have a Yorky/Chiuaua and she has whiskers like Jess. She barks treed on squirrels too. When I heal up a little more I'll kill some for her.
Get better soon buddy 👍
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear about Jess, probably won't happen again dogs learn fast.
I have a suppressor on my semi auto but but would swap it in an instant for one of your legal handguns... :wink: I view suppressers like I do scopes, added weight and seldom required :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:02 am Sorry to hear about Jess, probably won't happen again dogs learn fast.
I have a suppressor on my semi auto but but would swap it in an instant for one of your legal handguns... :wink: I view suppressers like I do scopes, added weight and seldom required :lol:
I would hunt with handguns if I could GK.
I only use a suppressor as it makes the rifle aim off hand better. I would prefer to not have it!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:29 am
gamekeeper wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:02 am Sorry to hear about Jess, probably won't happen again dogs learn fast.
I only use a suppressor as it makes the rifle aim off hand better. I would prefer to not have it!
I enjoyed the little bit of handgun hunting I did, gone full circle now, started as a kid with air pistols, went to revolvers and muzzle loading pistols now back with air pistols. :roll:
My local toyshop is section 5 so I do get to use some handguns and full auto stuff occasionally. He is also UK dealer for Bond Arms but oversized derringers are not my cup of tea…. :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:25 am
Nath wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:29 am
I enjoyed the little bit of handgun hunting I did, gone full circle now, started as a kid with air pistols, went to revolvers and muzzle loading pistols now back with air pistols. :roll:
My local toyshop is section 5 so I do get to use some handguns and full auto stuff occasionally. He is also UK dealer for Bond Arms but oversized derringers are not my cup of tea…. :wink:
We did a bit before the hand in. It was fun.
Took a fox with a browning buck mark.

What air pistols do you have friend?

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My first air pistol was a Webley Junior, soon replaced by a Webley Senior that came with .177 & .22 barrels.
I found the .177 to be the better killer of sparrows and starlings , they are no longer legal quarry in the UK but back then they I pursued them with a vengeance.
Nowadays I only have a couple of co2 pistols, a Luger and a 1911, my son got my Crossman single shot and I traded a Webley Premier for the Luger lookalike. The co2 pistols are fun plinkers but not really up for hunting. I just bought a Norica Thor gas piston .177 rifle with fiber optic sights, its only about 9 ft pounds but at 25 yds is deadly, I really like the sights, wish I could get some for my magtech 7022.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Jess will learn from that bite. Dogs which are smart enough to hunt with you are smart enough to learn fast. The next squirrel she helps kill will be dead fast.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Waiting for fall here in Oregon, Nath. All the wildfire smoke is pointing to it being September in the Pacific Northwest.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:06 am Waiting for fall here in Oregon, Nath. All the wildfire smoke is pointing to it being September in the Pacific Northwest.
Yesterday, the 9th, we had a day of drizzle and breezy gusts. Today is wonderful without the smoke and stink. Hope it stays that way. That "pelosi" was giving my lungs fits...

(I feel bad about using the term "polosi"...it gives ***t a bad name :cry: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Very nice Nath!

I like THOSE signs of fall lots better than all the Halloween Candy & Costumes and the dang Back To School Sales... (If I buy something... Can I get back to 8 months of school and 4 months off too???)

Cheers.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I enjoyed those photos, Nath. What do you use to host the photos you post?
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

KirkD wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:30 pm I enjoyed those photos, Nath. What do you use to host the photos you post?
Kirk....just click on the photo...I did and it comes up in some funny language.

Nath....you eat those squirrels? In the sixties and seventies I shot many of those tree rats and then ate them. I ate so many of them I hate them now....it's like eating a rat. :D So I stopped hunting them but I must admit, no much is as exciting as hunting squirrels and blasting them out of 60' oak trees with a 32-20.-----6
Model A Uzi’s
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

KirkD wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:30 pm I enjoyed those photos, Nath. What do you use to host the photos you post?
Kirk, I have been using directuploads.net.
Reasonable on a cell phone.
I notice though posted photos on like here don't seem so sharp!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:24 pm
Kirk....just click on the photo...I did and it comes up in some funny language.

Nath....you eat those squirrels? In the sixties and seventies I shot many of those tree rats and then ate them. I ate so many of them I hate them now....it's like eating a rat. :D So I stopped hunting them but I must admit, no much is as exciting as hunting squirrels and blasting them out of 60' oak trees with a 32-20.-----6
Occasionally I will cook some.
Most go to folk the keep ferrets!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

We had a brief taste of fall before Hurricane Irma struck - and I loved it (the cooler temperatures and low humidity), but it was just a tease. It's back to warm and humid again... :(