Bit of luck

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Bit of luck

Post by 6pt-sika »

We had a fellow bring a bunch of stuff in the shop this past week for us to sell for the widow of his friend . After my buddy priced it all for him I got a bunch of things . 100 pounds or so of lead . A dozen pounds of powder some ammo and a 95% or better S&W Model 19 pinned barrel recessed cylinder gun . Again if photobucket wasn't such a Richard I'd post pics but such is life 🙄
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Bit of luck

Post by 6pt-sika »

This 4" 19 now has me wanting a 4" 29 that's pinned and recessed 😉👍🏻
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My local toy shop often has collections handed it, I'm always eager to see what hidden treasure I can find.
Whilst posting this he emailed to say he has got two matchlock muskets he knows nothing about and asked my advice :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

6pt-sika wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 pm We had a fellow bring a bunch of stuff in the shop this past week for us to sell for the widow of his friend . After my buddy priced it all for him I got a bunch of things . 100 pounds or so of lead . A dozen pounds of powder some ammo and a 95% or better S&W Model 19 pinned barrel recessed cylinder gun . Again if photobucket wasn't such a Richard I'd post pics but such is life 🙄
Switch to Imgur.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

You did well, 6pt. I also made a nifty score yesterday -- 300 rounds of "new" unprimed Herter's brass for 222magnum. Estate sale -- must have been an interesting fellow from the looks of all the nifty reloading tools and components. Wish I could have met him before his goodies became "Estate sale" stuff. Those of us who use 22mag cases know to grab 'em when we see 'em because Remington only makes a run of these on about the same schedule as they issue frost warnings in Hades.
HertersBrass9346.jpg
And anybody who is still whimpering about photobucket needs to get a new plan of some kind. Different hosting service or just post direct your computer like I always have (though that does require that "dear reader" click on the picture if they want to view it full-size).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

earlmck wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:22 am
And anybody who is still whimpering about photobucket needs to get a new plan of some kind.
Quite frankly I'll not whimper or be bothered with posting pics anymore I'll just cease to do so .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:21 am My local toy shop often has collections handed it, I'm always eager to see what hidden treasure I can find.
Whilst posting this he emailed to say he has got two matchlock muskets he knows nothing about and asked my advice :D
We had one lady come in a couple years ago with her fathers collection that included about two dozen Japanese matchlicks he'd acquired while stationed in Japan many years ago .
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

6pt-sika wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:35 pm This 4" 19 now has me wanting a 4" 29 that's pinned and recessed 😉👍🏻
getting a bit greedy, are you??? :lol:
Merle from PA
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Merle wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:29 pm
6pt-sika wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:35 pm This 4" 19 now has me wanting a 4" 29 that's pinned and recessed 😉👍🏻
getting a bit greedy, are you??? :lol:
Well I sold my 4" 629 a few years back and I've been wanting to replace it . So if I'm gonna do it and can find a nice old 29 4" that's pinned and recessed why not .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well got another little bit of luck today !

The same collection I acquired the S&W 19 from I was able to get a Savage Model 11 Hog Hunter in 308 . I suppose I'll need to get a suppressor now .