DON'T IT MAKE YOU WANT TO GO HOME

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

DON'T IT MAKE YOU WANT TO GO HOME

Post by J Miller »

DON'T IT MAKE YOU WANT TO GO HOME: John Denver, Glen Campbell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcmnS_2buGA

This song made my eyes leak :cry:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: DON'T IT MAKE YOU WANT TO GO HOME

Post by Blaine »

In my family, Going Home meant dying and going to heaven, so...
Childhood home? Oh, hell no....I'm right where I like it (except Washington politics suck) :)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Blaine,

I'm "pretty sure" that's what the song is about, dying and going to heaven.

As for going back to your childhood home, you can't. The old saying: "You can never go home again", isn't so much about going back to a place, it's about going back to a time.

I have no childhood home because my mother moved every year while I grew up scattered and confused without roots. She told me years later she was running from my father and his family. Actually, she was running from herself.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Well, I am home. Went east and west while in the service. Have traveled out of the country north, south, east and west since then. Yet, if I look out my bedroom window I can see the hospital I was born in. Obviously not the same buildings, and it's had several owners but it's the same one.

Some of us are lucky and are born where we are meant to be. I like to travel, but home is home.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:19 am Well, I am home. Went east and west while in the service. Have traveled out of the country north, south, east and west since then. Yet, if I look out my bedroom window I can see the hospital I was born in. Obviously not the same buildings, and it's had several owners but it's the same one.

Some of us are lucky and are born where we are meant to be. I like to travel, but home is home.
jeepnik,

I have (had) a friend in Glendale, Az that feels that way. For the life of him he could never understand my feelings of not belonging.
I didn't realize till I'd been gone a long time that I actually had put down roots in the AZ desert.

Joe