Ruger 10-22mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Ruger 10-22mag

Post by JerryB »

Went to see my gunsmith today and saw a gun I had not seen before. It was a Ruger 10-22 in .22mag. It looked like a safe queen, He said it is an early 1980's gun. If anyone is interested I can give you his phone number.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ruger 10-22mag

Post by 6pt-sika »

What was he asking ?
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

One of my buddies on Maui had one a very nice firearm. His one had a straight grip walnut stock which looked a tad weird at first but it grew on me over time. I believe he said he bought it new with that stock. Never seen another 10/22M before or since. I remember these had rotary magazines that were a 9 shot instead of the standard 10 rounds of 22LR.

Found a picture of one online! I believe it's a Lipsey's Special Order model.
Last edited by Ji in Hawaii on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I picked one up just after they hit the market, good shooter but I went ahead and put a carbon fiber tension barrel and Hogue over mould stock on it. It's finicky about ammo, it likes 35 grain bullets best.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I think he had 1200 on it. I saw a couple on GB in the high 1100 range. The one at the shop looked real nice, that is the first one I have seen.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I'd not buy another, unless I could test fire it, as the one I bought when they were first introduced had the grittiest trigger pull of any rifle I've ever owned. :evil:

I sold it because the metal their trigger mechanism was made from didn't allow any smoothing/trigger work, like I was able to accomplish on my much earlier (1969) 10/22 (LR) Carbine.

IIRC, they were discontinued because Ruger no longer wanted to support/repair the breaking bolts & extraction issues that they were continually getting back under warranty. :(

Which means that, if anyone buys one, Ruger won't support it for either parts or repair...................... :roll:

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Pete, I tried for 8 months in '06 to get one. Finally was told these same things. If I really wanted one I'd get one of Magnum Research's. They have really good write ups on reliability and accuracy. The Rugers are with a pretty penny tho if you are selling one. YMMV. Todd/3leggedturtle
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Short lived production because they did not hold up well. Kinda like Rugers Edsel, I guess that makes them collectable.