Cramer Lubesizer Repair Immense Headache

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Cramer Lubesizer Repair Immense Headache

Post by otteray »

What a pain in the you-know -what!
I can't find any schematic drawings, with info like, correct washers that fit in the screw tube. Rubber washers seem to just get out of whack and maybe the original was leather? The retainer screw for the whole spring assembly unscrews itself and flies off when the springs compress against it. I got lucky and found it in a pile of leaves several feet away.

What the heck am I doing wrong, please?
otteray
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Cramer Lubesizer Repair Immense Headache

Post by AJMD429 »

"pile of leaves" suggests outdoors reloading.....first off, I'd start indoors.....I've lost too many 'small parts' to mention, when doing reloading or other meticulous stuff outside.

Even my 'reloading room' is too cluttered for some stuff, which seems best done in some sterile cubicle, given my luck and 'skills'... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

No, not outdoor reloading, lol. I have vise mounted on my patio, for when I have to do dirty jobs. I had to wash everything well first with solvent, and then unscrew the lube tube (in the vise) to remove the guts of the unit when I was "dry" testing"reassembly.
Maybe I should just get a just get a die that fits my other lubrasizers. This one has a .356 die, and I was planning on using it for my 9mm.
But the challenge is there, it was a free lubrasizer, and I'm retired...:)
otteray
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Maybe false economy? I've been struggling for 30 years with an old Lyman 450 after once owning a semi-auto Star type sizer. Well it had a motor on it and used Star dies but I foolishly let it go with a Magma casting machine. If I weren't so old I'd just buy a Star.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS