What Firearm Did You Sell That You Want Back?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

What Firearm Did You Sell That You Want Back?

Post by Blaine »

The one you sold that keeps you up at night :P
I regret many sales, but the one I might rebuy is a BFR in 45-70. Chopped to 5". Stoked with 525s at about 900 to 1100 fps, whatever is the most accurate..... 8) 8) (If anybody has one that they hate, I'm all ears :idea: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What Firearm Did You Sell That You Want Back?

Post by fordwannabe »

This one is easy. Very early model 336 sc deluxe with a german post 4 power scope , in 30/30. But the sale enabled me to get my first real 73 sooooo.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Early 1900's Win 1894 SRC. I'd love to have that one back.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

2 actually-
First was a Remington 3200 Competition Trap O/U, yeah it is a lower mid level shotgun but BOY DID IT HAVE GORGEOUS WOOD,
Second was a Mauser 98 I put together, color cased receiver, match barrel and real nice hunk of Bastone walnut.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I want my Ruger MkII back.

I really, really, miss it.

:(
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

There is a few but the 1899 or 99 Savage guns twist my gut the worst

Brad
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Several - shotguns, mostly..........................

* A pristine (99% original condition including case colors) 16ga Parker/Remington (1937) VHE (SxS) Skeet Gun, 26" bbls, Skeet-in/Skeet-out chokes, straight grip buttstock to a checkered butt, Miller single trigger.
I wanted to hunt skeets with it ;) , but sold it after I realized that if I broke it, I could never afford to have it properly repaired.
Since I paid $800 for it, I was more than happy to have a collector give me almost $5K for it. :o

* A 20ga Beretta 686 Black Onyx O/U with 26" bbls & Mobilchoke tubes.

* A (graded) 20ga A.H.Fox (Model AE), 26" bbls, choked Mod/IC.

* A .410 Winchester 42 Deluxe Skeet gun..

* A .444 Winchester BB94 Carbine w/20" in-ported bbl.

* A Winchester Model 52B Sporting Rifle, with issue receiver peep sight.

(sigh)

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sell? What sell? Actually, I'd had a Ruger .357 Blackhawk stolen in 1974. It was recovered after a robbery gone bad in 1988. I traded it off a few months later... Wish I'd kept it and fixed it back up. Needed new sights, both front & rear had been chewed up.
Last edited by Griff on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FWiedner wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:02 pm I want my Ruger MkII back.

I really, really, miss it.

:(
The MKII Govrn't Target Model is one of the first handguns I bought. If I were to make a bet I could hit a pop can at 100 yards with a handgun, this would be it....The Odds would be in my favor....There's a story about three guys at the bench to my right (not) shooting bowling pins with their scoped bolt actions. I sort of shifted a little and hit their three pins three in a row....man, were they irate. :)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
guntar
Levergunner 1.0

Post by guntar »

There have been a bunch of them unfortunately. Most of them had to be sold when I was laid up from a bad car wreck. The wife and kids had a thing about continuing to eat, so the guns had to go:

- Pre-64 M94 carbine in 30-30 (my first deer rifle).
- High Standard Victor target pistol - 22 LR.
- Browning A5 magnum 12.
- Remington 1100 16 ga.
- Anschutz M54 target 22 LR.
- Custom M98 in 243 (maybe the most accurate rifle I ever owned).
- Remington 1100 TB 12 ga. trap gun.
- Old model Ruger SBH 44 mag.
- Colt Gold Cup 45 ACP.

It was really depressing, but you do what you have to do. I probably have replaced all of them with guns that are as good or better, but some of them had a lot of history. One advantage is that it taught me to NEVER sell a gun that really suits you, if you have a choice.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

A Winchester 1400 20ga. my dad bought me. I still wouldn't use it as it was too long and gangly for a 20ga.
I just should have kept it cause my dad gave it to me.

A 1902 vintage round barrel 94 rifle in 38-55. I have more and better now but I shot this one a lot. It was my first
38-55.

A Colt Officers ACP I bought from a friend. It had some custom work and was really nice. I think he was sorry he sold it to me so a few years later I swapped it back to him for a nice LW Commander. I prefer the Commander, but miss the little Officers too.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Not one.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

In 1972 I bought a brand-new-off-the-drawing-board Winchester 9422 from the gun shop at the Navy Exchange at the Naval Air Station North Island. It was a beauty, shot straight and true. Sold it to a co-worker in 1998, and he ended up giving it to his son, so I could never get it back.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Without thinking real hard at least a pickup truck load!!!!!!! Two 45-70's a Springfield Trapdoor rifle and an 1886 rifle. Early 1920's Winchester 1894 SRC rebarreled to 30wcf., Colt .22 six gun. A Colt Police Positive 32-20 and S&W 32-20, all of these in the early 1960's. Plus my DCM .45 Ithica and the DCM .30 carbine. That is enough to cry over tonite.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

A Nickel S&W 586 with 4" barrel that I purchased brand new in 1986 for approx. $250! I sold it to fund the purchase of a 1911 and while I like the 1911, I am tired of chasing brass. However, my hearing is a lot better! :D
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

s&w model 29 .44 magnum revolver. You feeling lucky today , punk?
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Far too many, my old Savage 24 in .22&.410 would be extremely useful where I now live but most of the guns I once owned I'd love to have back.
Especially all the guns I gave junior :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

BlaineG wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:38 pm The one you sold that keeps you up at night :P
I regret many sales, but the one I might rebuy is a BFR in 45-70. Chopped to 5". Stoked with 525s at about 900 to 1100 fps, whatever is the most accurate..... 8) 8) (If anybody has one that they hate, I'm all ears :idea: )
Got any loads you could share, just got a BFR in 45-70 a couple of weeks ago :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

People "sell" firearms? :shock:

DON'T tell my wife this! I've convinced her that firearms only travel in one direction; into our household. :wink:

Unfortunately, Y2K is now convinced that they do so on the way into his hands... :roll:

In all seriousness, I've only sold a few in my entire life, and I'm lucky I don't regret letting go of any of them.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

What Tycer said +1.

PS to Tycer- 86er crashed here last night (in Travel Trailer/guest cottage) and will have some Hogzilla breakfast sausage with us when he and Brandon awaken.
He wants to go fishing today, but after mowing the horse pasture yesterday, all I want to is crash myself . :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Zero regrets. They're just things.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

crs wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:11 am...86er crashed here last night (in Travel Trailer/guest cottage) and will have some Hogzilla breakfast sausage with us when he and Brandon awaken.
He wants to go fishing today, but after mowing the horse pasture yesterday, all I want to is crash myself . :)
Say 'howdy' to him for me! And dagnabbit... did you HAVE to mention "mowing" & "pasture"... now I got guilt complex!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Don't do any mowing here at the condo and a B92 in .357 and New Frontiers in .44 Spl. and .45.Colt.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I could make a huge list, as I regret selling so many! But it's always been about funds, and not having a large enough bank account to keep them all! But one in particular stands out above the rest!
I had a Model 16 Marlin shotgun once that was a D grade engraved with fitted carrying case. I bought it from the grandson who inherited it, and told me his grandfather hosted some Arab sheik on a waterfowl hunt while he was here visiting, and the sheik left the gun to him as a gift when he headed home. It was a gorgeous Ulrich engraved shotgun with gold inlays, and back in the 80's I think I bought it for $300. I later felt it didn't fit my collection and sold it for $425. Even then I immediately regretted selling it, just because it was such a spectacular gun, in the highest grade Marlin built, and minty condition. I'd still love to have it back!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

First and foremost a circa 1913 Parker VHE 12 gauge 32" F&F . Gun had the original stock with what I'd call modern trap or live bird stock dimensions . Sold it to a friend two three years ago . Also had a Parker VHE 16 gauge 30" F&F with an English straight grip factory stock . Also a Kimber 89BGR Super Grade in 280 REM and another in 300 Win Mag I kinda wish I still had .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Have dispensed with so few it makes this question pretty difficult...but should never have sold my morphadite Springfield Trapdoor that I had salvaged from a trash barrel in rusty parts and transformed into a quasi carbine (it already was a carbine...but had to take the barrel down to 19 1/2 inches because the guy that threw it out hammered the muzzle).

When I got done with it...the bluing that a friend did as an experiment... was absolutely flawless, and other than having to reform the front hand guard section of the stock...the stock came out gorgeous.

Little rifle would drive six penny nails in at 100 yards...67 grains of FFg pushing a 405 HB pill.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Borregos wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:04 am
BlaineG wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:38 pm The one you sold that keeps you up at night :P
Those 525s were the loads that Grizz made up and we shot one day. His were a bit more stout than +-1000 fps.
My go-to home wrapped were 43 grains of H4187 under a 405 of some flavor....Those were sort of on the warm side for hunting, but they were not miserable to shoot in the BFR....
Congrats on the BFR....You'll love it.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

.22lr Iver Johnson that looked like a Walther PKK/S. It was more accurate and reliable than any PPK/S that I have ever seen.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

For me, the Smith 27s (or all the N frame 357s and 44s), K-22s, the Colt SAAs, the 1886 Winchesters, and the super clean M1 Garand I had that looked unfired. It was a Blue Sky import. Some others come to mind, those are the most egregious examples though.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

U.S. Arms Abilene 6.5" 357 and 788 in 30/30
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

A custom built 1958 Griffin & Howe, 300 H&H on a pre-war Oberndorf Mauser magnum length, single square bridge action, double set triggers, 26" barrel and beautifully engraved. Don't get me going on why I sold it. Let's just say I was young, foolish and didn't know any better. End of story! :cry:

Mainehunter
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

A little used Remington 700 BDL in 6.5 rem mag and a Wichita break open single shot pistol in 357max.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Remington 81 in 35 rem
Rolling block in 22 lr
Shiloh Sharps Sporter 45/70
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

I've regretted every gun I have ever sold or traded.
I would especially like to recover my Mother's old Webley which sold at our moving sale in 1966.
It was given to her, along with a 1922 FN Browning, by my Uncle.
He thought she needed something for home protection besides her trusty I.J. 'Champion", when Dad was on late night veterinary calls.
Knowing my soft hearted Uncle, he may have paid a down and out itinerant too much for them, or accepted them as payment on a long overdue bar bill, or more likely he won them in an after hours craps game in the back room of his pool hall/chili parlor.
It would have been neat piece of family history to pass on.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mmmmmmm....only one. I've kept everyone that I truly wanted. Back in 72 I bought a new Old model Ruger 357 that had the factory brass frame in order to buy one of the first stainless blackhawks to hit the market in 74.

I'm more peed off on the ones I did NOT buy when the chance came up...like that military cartouched Henry for 4500, now worth the same but with an extra 0 at the end of the original price. Then there was the 100% coverage factory engraved triple lock target for 3000. Both of those guns presented themselves to me in 81 when I did not have two pennies to rub together.

I have let little slip through my hands since. ----6
Model A Uzi’s
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

BlaineG wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:05 pm
Borregos wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:04 am
Those 525s were the loads that Grizz made up and we shot one day. His were a bit more stout than +-1000 fps.
My go-to home wrapped were 43 grains of H4187 under a 405 of some flavor....Those were sort of on the warm side for hunting, but they were not miserable to shoot in the BFR....
Congrats on the BFR....You'll love it.
Thanks Blaine, I have already fallen in love with it :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

HK P7M8 and a Springfield Armory M1a Socom 16 that I won.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Hmmm...

Most of "em, I reckon..

The one that hurts the hardest was my hand-built .454 levergun...

Every day...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

Colt 1911 Gold Cup Model 70.
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

I got lucky for once on this topic. I sold an early 70ies 9mm Colt Combat Commander a little over 20 years ago when I needed the funds. The guy who bought it gave me his card and for some reason I hung onto it. I regretted selling that beauty ever since. Last year when I turned 65 I came across his card and determined to give myself a birthday present. I called him up and he was willing to sell it back to me. Cost me 3 times what he paid me for it, but that was still way under market value. He had never shot it! Bought it for an investment, which worked out for him, and zero wear and tear on it for me when I got it back. It's the only 1911 I have and it's definitely one of my favorite guns. I was happy to get that one back. :D
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

My early model .454 Casull... :(
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Two pistols stand out.

A S&W 640-1, and the current owner will never sell it. I was able to replace it, including the same gunsmith work by the same 'smith, but I'd use two & wish I'd kept it.

An original Coonan .357Magnum Automatic, model B. It would empty magazines into one small hole at 25ish feet when I did my job. Full power factory ammo. Only sold it because, at that time, it wasn't being made, and magazines cost about $125 each (if you found any). Dan Coonan is making them again and the new mags fit the old guns...
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

Amazingly, for all that have crossed my hands, I only regret letting go of one. A third generation Colt 1862 Pocket Police that had the deepest bluing I have ever seen, like looking into a pool of ink, and the nicest case colors I have ever seen.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

coyote nose wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:20 pm Amazingly, for all that have crossed my hands, I only regret letting go of one. A third generation Colt 1862 Pocket Police that had the deepest bluing I have ever seen, like looking into a pool of ink, and the nicest case colors I have ever seen.
Coyote Nose,
I have your old 1862 Colt Police!!!!! I liked it so much I wore the bluing off. :D ---6

Model A Uzi’s
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

Coyote Nose,
I have your old 1862 Colt Police!!!!! I liked it so much I wore the bluing off. :D ---6

[/quote]

I love my levers, I love my SAAs, but Colt percussions.......Sixgun, that one is just SWEET!!!
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Ragnor
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Ragnor »

My first rifle. Garcia Bronco .22. Interesting rifle if you ever saw one. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

DUH, ALL OF THEM.

but in particular, the 2 leverguns, 9422 Winchester and BLR .222.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

My early FA Casull with spare ACP cylinder. It was a "Field Grade" that had factory Rosewood rather than Pachmayers.

Selling that one was dumb dumb dumb... even if financially required at the time.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

WWG co-pilot in .457 mag.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot