Just found a......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Just found a......

Post by mack »

I just ran across a Marlin 336RC, (straight stock, 20", brass saddle ring, round back lever), in vg condition. Wasn't really on my list, but maybe it should be......... Question is, should I???
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Just found a......

Post by fordwannabe »

Ok so you want us to tell you go ahead....cause this place is the biggest bunch of enablers on the web. I have Marlinitis in a bad way so if you are lookin for somebody to tell you no...I AM NOT THAT GUY. Great guns by the way. whats the guy askin?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

What are they asking for it? 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

Asking $600. I had about $7 in my wallet and no CC or check with me, I don't like to open a negotiation unless I'm ready/able to close on it.
Even at $600, (it's high, I know), it wouldn't break the piggy bank. It caught me a bit by surprise as the only Marlin straight stock 30/30s I've seen lately are the TKs.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

It would have to be near mint to bring that much around here.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

That Texan configuration was only offered 1965-1971.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

jdad wrote:That Texan configuration was only offered 1965-1971.

Yep - If it's a straight-grip stock, it's a Texan (M-336T), and not a 336RC Regular Carbine), which all have pistol-grip stocks.

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

That would be a fine piece to carry in the woods.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

I've paid more for less. YMMV. Figure if you pass, how long will it take to find a comparable gun?

Recently I picked up a 336 in 35 Rem for $350. it was hard to pass up, very little to bargain with, as it had almost no wear on the wood and zero wear/damage on the metal, save for a bit of shine on the trigger edges. A real closet queen for 25+ years.

Did the T model have two different levers? I've seen the straight level with rounded end, and the straight lever with squared end (and a flat "base" with a small extention behind the loop). ?
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

Took a long second look, and passed on it. The lever up close looked like a straightened one off a pistol grip, bottom part had a little wave to it and tang side was not perfectly straight, it arched away from the tang ever so slightly. (Might have been a gunsmith replacement, but why??) Everything else was right. Barrel marked 336RC, ser# AD160xxx, decent wood etc. I just couldn't get past the lever, and there was give on the price. I may kick myself later..... Dang, that lever just bugged me!