Church (and other gatherings) Run Hide Fight video

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Church (and other gatherings) Run Hide Fight video

Post by AJMD429 »

They might even be......transgender....... :shock: :?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

AJMD429 wrote:
I suppose a montage type video where the shooter was shown in a variety of garbs and so on each time the video kicked back to the shooter could have made the point better: that the bad-guy may look Muslim, redneck, Nazi, psychotic, agitated, calm, and be old, young, black, white, male, female or even in uniform.
You just described what the FATS (Firearms Training Simulator) system is comprised of. Each time you run through the simulator you get a slightly different scenario, so if you've gone through it previously, you might think you know a certain subject in the previous video was armed, or not armed. It's always a different scenario, and assuming you recognize it, and relax, will mean you get caught unprepared the next time. Eventually after running through the FATS training enough times you realize that you can't help but stay on your toes and be prepared for anything and everything.
I love the FATS system, as it's live fire with blanks, and even though you know it's a video screen, your heart rate can't help but rise, and you really get into whatever scenario is next.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

marlinman93 wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:
I suppose a montage type video where the shooter was shown in a variety of garbs and so on each time the video kicked back to the shooter could have made the point better: that the bad-guy may look Muslim, redneck, Nazi, psychotic, agitated, calm, and be old, young, black, white, male, female or even in uniform.
You just described what the FATS (Firearms Training Simulator) system is comprised of. Each time you run through the simulator you get a slightly different scenario, so if you've gone through it previously, you might think you know a certain subject in the previous video was armed, or not armed. It's always a different scenario, and assuming you recognize it, and relax, will mean you get caught unprepared the next time. Eventually after running through the FATS training enough times you realize that you can't help but stay on your toes and be prepared for anything and everything.
I love the FATS system, as it's live fire with blanks, and even though you know it's a video screen, your heart rate can't help but rise, and you really get into whatever scenario is next.
I've also seen FATS done with Rx Epi injections done on site by an attending Physician. That REALLY gets the shakes right...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Yes, the point of the video - getting all people to pay attention to its salient points to save lives - has been promoted. I think us Levergunners, being mainly a Conservative bunch, are killing the messenger and getting unnecessarily caught up with demographics.

As much as I hate what Liberals have done to my country, I want to get even the few rabid liberals who attend my church to see this because they are my friends, in spite of their goofy ideas. They wouldn't watch it if the killer was (perhaps) best characterized as a Muslim.

Come on, you all know that!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

JohndeFresno wrote:Yes, the point of the video - getting all people to pay attention to its salient points to save lives - has been promoted. I think us Levergunners, being mainly a Conservative bunch, are killing the messenger and getting unnecessarily caught up with demographics.

As much as I hate what Liberals have done to my country, I want to get even the few rabid liberals who attend my church to see this because they are my friends, in spite of their goofy ideas. They wouldn't watch it if the killer was (perhaps) best characterized as a Muslim.

+100.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

JohndeFresno wrote:Yes, the point of the video - getting all people to pay attention to its salient points to save lives - has been promoted. I think us Levergunners, being mainly a Conservative bunch, are killing the messenger and getting unnecessarily caught up with demographics.

Well said! The salient point is to get as many as possible to watch it and learn.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

My first post stated I found the information useful. I very delicately stated my cynicism with the shooter. Others wanted to press the issue with veiled accusations, I obliged. By the way, before I even posted in the thread, I shared this video with my wife and daughter, who work for a university in a dept. that gets a lot of agitated people coming through their doors, with instructions to share it around their offices. I felt it was that good. I also stated later when things heated up the video has enough real value to ignore my issue. Again, others felt the need to argue my secondary issue.

In the course of debate, my professionalism and party affiliation was questioned by people who don't know anything about me or what I do, and who I doubt are as knowledgeable as they would like to appear. I've been through the FATS simulator several times with flying colors, and also our military versions with scenarios more suited to our job.

Anyone who takes a potshot at my experience and training simply because they disagree with me regarding a politically correct demographic of a chosen adversary is simply showing their colors.

You know who you are, and reading through the thread you know I have no problem clarifying if you want to press it again.

If you want to be in politically correct denial feel free, but encouraging others to do so and letting your ego get involved when lives and a way of life are at stake is something you need to re-examine.

Deus Vult

sore shoulder out.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30