Florida Levergunners....Lakeland gun show? pics added

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Florida Levergunners....Lakeland gun show? pics added

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Any Florida Levergunners going to the Lakeland Show

Hours
Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Admission
General: $15.00
Free Parking

Description
The Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club Gun Show will be held on Jan 14th - 15th, 2017 in Lakeland, Florida. This Lakeland gun show is held at Lakeland Center and hosted by Lakeland Rifle and Pistol Club of Florida. All federal, state and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.
The Original Lakeland Gun Show, The Big One, Our 48th year. Bring out your best. Buy, sell, trade. Security on premise. Secure parking 600 tables
Used to be known for having classic sporting and old west firearms.....
Last edited by RIHMFIRE on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Florida Levergunners....Going to the Lakeland gun show?

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Oooo ... I'll have to check with the boss but I'd like to go. I have't been to the Lakeland show in some years.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

I'm planning to be there. Not sure yet if it will be Saturday or Sunday.
Last January's show had a number of interesting leverguns that interest me including more than one M-71 Winchester and several M-99 Savages.
I've been to several gun shows here in Florida including Melbourne, Ft. Pierce, Port St.Lucie, Vero Beach, West Palm Beach and 2 different shows in Orlando and this is BY FAR the best one in both size and the variety you may see there.
I have no connection to this show or any other. I enjoy making day-trips around the area to see what might come out of the woodwork, especially when the outside temps cascade down into the 50's :shock: and it's too cold to be outside. :lol:
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I think I am going to go Saturday morning and make a day of it and hit the shops on the way home. Looking for a 9422m or a marlin 1895 45-70
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

RIHMFIRE wrote:... Looking for a 9422m or a marlin 1895 45-70
Oooo, 9422M ... nice. I always wanted a Legacy but the rifle and the money never seemed to be around at the same time.

I hope to make it to the show Saturday. I have to have the 25K mile service on my truck at Park's Toyota in Deland this Saturday. I may stop in at Triple A Pawn and Gun and then make the drive to Lakeland after that.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I work Sat. and Sun. I hope y'all have a great time. The ones put on by the Lakeland gun club are usually the best shows of the year.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

No going but one thing for sure...it will be the last place that fugitive will show up at.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Sixgun wrote:No going but one thing for sure...it will be the last place that fugitive will show up at.---6
*** has got a $100,000 Bounty on himself now....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I will be there when they open. Its been a long time since I have been to this show. Should be fun
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

I'll probably not be there until 11am or so. Looking forward to it.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

This was the best dang gun show I have been to. Hundreds of levers, fine shotguns, and many other fine firearms. Colts, classis S&Ws.....But I did not bring enough cash for the stuff I was interested in. Met a real nice guy waiting in line named Harry Mero who is a Winchester collector. He was carrying the finest 73 in 44-40 I have ever seen. Everything about this gun was delux. Beautiful wood and checkering, vernier site, case colored, just absolutely awesome gun. I think he said it was an 1887. I post a pic later. This is will be an annual thing from now on!

Right after this pic.....and this was not even close to the best display,... I was told no more pics.....

After the show I found this in the parking lot....Sunbeam tiger....very rare
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Florida Levergunners....Lakeland gun show? pics added

I haven't been to a show in a while but I'm glad I went to this one. I quit going because they all seemed to be trending toward Black Rifle shows. This Lakeland show was really more about classic stuff. A lot of nice collections. About the only thing I didn't see that I would stop for is any XP-100's in Fireball. But there were enough Nylon 66's, 77's, and 11's to make up for my need to see "Xytel" ... I think they called it. Ah, the 70's ... plastic parts, white line spacers, high combs, square forends, chrome, pressed checkering ... I do NOT miss it.

I did see an odd Marlin 1897 (or early 39) with a metal butt plate and an odd, large, threaded muzzle. There was also a nice Marlin 1892 in 32 Colt that seemed to be factory engraved in very high condition. Also handled a Colt Lightning 22 in unusually good shape ... still need one of those. Several 86's in 45-90 ... odd for us down here. I'm sure those are falling off the shelves in Pennsylvania in Sixgun's area.

One Winchester 94 I handled was labeled a "trapper" with a 17" barrel. I thought the "trapper's" were 92's with 14" barrels but I assume it's possible that the Winchester Marketing department might well have slapped the trendy label on anything they felt like. Or the guy was embellishing his tag. I would think a 32-20 from a short barreled '92 would be a better solution to an angry beaver than a 30-30 from a 17" barrel ... might make it explode at close range.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Did you see the special order 73 carbine in 22 short.....the guy wanted 75k for it....it was in absolute perfect condition.
He said it was the only one made.....not sure of that....He also had another special order engraved 73..44-40..also in perfect condition for 25k

I walked out of there, with all those levers in there, empty handed...600 tables....and nothing...
I was looking for a 9422m....there were 2, ....one xtr, both right at 1000 smackers.....
No marlin 45-70s that I wanted....and no uberti 76s.... there were 2 very nice Winchester 76s....

I am definitely going next year......
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

For some reason the locals consider this show, put on by the Lakeland Pistol and Rifle Club to be THE show to attend. The other shows put on by that traveling bunch (Southern Gun) or what ever it is, is just a distraction.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

I did not see the 73 in 22 short ... though I think most of the 1873 22's were in short, with some in long. One of the books I believe shows some were made in extra long as well but I recall Mike D. didn't seem to believe it as he'd never heard of one.

I also only saw 2 of the 9422M's. I remember in the 90's there were just boxes and boxes of those things ... with that laminated stock in various colors.