.22 LR M1 Garand and M14

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

.22 LR M1 Garand and M14

Post by Ray Newman »

No way you say?

As seen in the February 2017 issue of the Dillon "Blue Press": http://www.kingstonarmory.com/

Would like to examine one. Per Dillon, MSRP is US$699.00.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: .22 LR M1 Garand and M14

Post by Blaine »

I've heard good things......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

That's a dressed up Ruger
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Blaine: 'ya' heard "good things"?

Tell us more....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I think I might be in the market for a new.22
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

44shooter wrote:That's a dressed up Ruger
Yup, I'll save my money and stick with the standard one.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nostalgic for sure.

What I don't get is why Inland mfg has brought out a repro M1carbine of a sniper platform. Yes a carbine! (February Guns & Ammo) Seems it was in development during the war. Never saw the light of day. What's worse yet is front of base is permantly attached so you are stuck with an underpowered short range 'sniper ' rig.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray Newman wrote:Blaine: 'ya' heard "good things"?

Tell us more....
I Noah Guy on Facebook that shot one and liked it real well....that is all. :lol:
At this particular moment, I believe that the Stainless 10-22 Take Down I got last summer is the best thing since transistor radios...

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

That "proprietary" receiver sight on the Garrand, doesn't fit too well. Seems like it needs to be a bit MORE proprietary to me. They look cool, but the last thing I want is a 10lb 22.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I've never been impressed with the regular old Ruger 10-22, no way I'd buy one wearing a Halloween costume. :lol:

Does Ruger get a cut of the sales of copies?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ruger factory barrels are ok but if you really want it to shoot GOOD ya gotta put an after market barrel on em. First one I did years ago would keep 10 in a penny at 50 yards.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

GunnyMack wrote:Ruger factory barrels are ok but if you really want it to shoot GOOD ya gotta put an after market barrel on em. First one I did years ago would keep 10 in a penny at 50 yards.
I haven't shot pennies in years. I like one shot groups: BANG....did you hit it?......Good Group. :wink: (my favorite Jeff Cooper-ism )

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

I too, plan on examining one and might buy one if it meets my approval. So far lots of sideliners but I've not heard from anyone who handled one.

We have a whole generation of youngsters who don't know a Garand from a Garbanzo and maybe a Garand in 22LR may spark some imagination and desire? SO may grown-ups strangely, see things only for what they do for themselves! How about thinking/doing for the next generation, lest the shooting sports die off in the next 15-20 years altogether?

A copy will always have a detractor or two because it is always compared to the original. But a copy to someone who has never had an original, is a pure example.

So what if the screws don't interchange with a Garand 30-06? To anyone who DIDN'T kill Germans and Japs with one, it probably fits the bill just fine !

I think I want one.
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I've always said that there is a market for the .22 equivalent of any famous and/or interesting firearm. Especially those that haven't been made for some time and/or are historically significant. Let's face it, many of us will never have the means to collect and shoot truly interesting historical firearms. Why not produce some in .22? It gives you the platform in a available (getting better anyway) cartridge with low noise and is reality cheap to shoot.

If I had the means to collect firearms where the value would be destroyed if I shot them, I'd want a "shooting example", either an exact reproduction in the correct caliber, and/or a .22 version.

But I don't have the means. So perhaps it is just the "wannabe" version for the rest of us!

I do, by the way, have a M1 Garand (as does Y2K). However, by the time Y2K has children? I doubt they will be affordable!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

mohavesam wrote:I too, plan on examining one and might buy one if it meets my approval. So far lots of sideliners but I've not heard from anyone who handled one.

We have a whole generation of youngsters who don't know a Garand from a Garbanzo and maybe a Garand in 22LR may spark some imagination and desire? SO may grown-ups strangely, see things only for what they do for themselves! How about thinking/doing for the next generation, lest the shooting sports die off in the next 15-20 years altogether?

A copy will always have a detractor or two because it is always compared to the original. But a copy to someone who has never had an original, is a pure example.

So what if the screws don't interchange with a Garand 30-06? To anyone who DIDN'T kill Germans and Japs with one, it probably fits the bill just fine !

I think I want one.
If you find one to handle let us know. I'm looking but so far none of the shops have them. Oh, they are willing to order it, and of course there are no returns on special orders.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad