Pearson's no drill scope mount

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Pearson's no drill scope mount

Post by handirifle »

Has anyone ever used one of these? http://mod94scoperail.com/index.html Do they hold zero? Seems VERY familiar to something I made 3 1/2 years ago.

Which is fine if he used my idea, he might have had it first for all I know, but I didn't have the means or desire to pursue something like that. Just wondering how well it works, if anyone here has used it?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Pearson's no drill scope mount

Post by Sixgun »

Yep......I have one on a model 53 Winchester. It was made for a model 94 carbine but a little filing and she hooked right up to the 53. Hold zero very well after several hundred rounds but...the 25-20 don't have much recoil. ----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Built mine for the 375 but never tried it, yet. Still working on the dovetail part. The one I built (dovetail) sucks.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Handi...yours looks very nice and good thinking! Remember, the first time you build anything always leaves room for improvement. I'll get some pics later on today.----6

handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Believe me, I KNEW there was room for improvement :D . If possible I WOULD like to see a pic up close showing the barrel contact it makes.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Handi,
These should work......ask if you need anymore.----6

It's just a little 7/16" nut that screws on a post in the dovetail mount which is nothing more than a blank...You can make one out of an old sight

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have one also. Holds zero well. I did have a problem th my sight slot being in a different area than the one he was using as a design prototype. He was very accommodating sent it back and He redrilled it all went well. Actually want another one....hmmm Christmas is coming Mrs. Fordwannabe.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

(Worthless post :oops: ) I remember seeing a mount very similar to the OP's several years ago in a gun magazine. I have no details though...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Not sure why it's worthless. I think the one you are thinking of (XS Sights), required the D&T of the front of the receiver. This, and mine required neither, just some special replacement screws.
Last edited by handirifle on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

6 those are perfect, thank you. I see he used a substantially larger dovetail piece than I made. I have some work to do. Mine is made from steel, mild steel I believe, but I will try to heat treat it and see if I can get some temper. Unfortunately my ocy/acetelene is about empty.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

handirifle wrote:Not sure why it's worthless. I think the one you are thinking of (XS Sights), required the D&T of the front of the receiver. This, and mine required neither, just some special replacement screws.

I've been wondering the same thing. I think it's pretty darned slick and if it keeps some guy from permanently altering a vintage rifle then all the better.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

handirifle wrote:Not sure why it's worthless. I think the one you are thinking of (XS Sights), required the D&T of the front of the receiver. This, and mine required neither, just some special replacement screws.
I meant my post was worthless, not the thread. It gave very little useful info...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

This is an ingenious device! Thanks for sharing!

...[/quote]I meant my post was worthless, not the thread. It gave very little useful info...[/quote]

Mike,
If it is any consolation, that is how I read your post and thought that is what you meant. :)
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Actually I never thought it WAS worthless. The XS is a very similar concept, and we don't always remember small details of an item we saw long ago.