shooting deck

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

shooting deck

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

All built from100%used decks and lumber,total cost of about $60 in screws.For some reason i cant or don't have any finished pictures but i will take some.Its 94% bone now.
Imagehttp://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/ ... d029-1.jpg[/img]

had some sinking do to not planning it to be so big in the start and had to repair this spring

Deck was sinking on 1 corner and leaning to the hill.Took 2 days to fix,drove 10 lbs of 3" screws while holding it with the tracto r+ 2 come alongs. worked out sweet.
Never pland on a roof so the footer was to weak to hold the weight.NOT NOW,the sun was so hot here all day that the roof is for shade not rain

JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: shooting deck

Post by Griff »

Very nice. Image What're you using the chain hooked to the tractor for?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

deck was sinking over hill do to weak footer,never started out to be so big and was not supported so we leveled it back up 3 years later.Those pictures are over a 3 year period .from start to finish to repair.
I am just looking back over some old post from ruger forum and thought i would share them here too.
JOHNNY WACKO
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I tell ya Wacko......your livin' large! You sure appear to be a hands on guy and know your way around machinery. Hey, "things" happen but you knew what to do to remedy the situation.

Nice spread you have there...thanks for the pics....and......watch those willow trees, they grow fast and will block your shooting view in a few short years. :D ------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

we started to trim it down this summer by tossing the clays into the top and blasting through the top,working quite well and more fun then a chainsaw by far. :lol:

I wish we all were closer to share in the fun of my years of hard work building this farm from live stock as my dad had to fire arms as i have. Nothing against farming but he left me to soon at 11 to teach me his tricks,and he did it all from birth to butcher them. Loved this farm with all his heart as i do and i can only hope i kept his place and make him proud for me to be his son.and to my mom for keeping it for me till i was 18 and took it over.She hated the country life and moved to town before he died and i stayed here with him from 7 to 11.The best years of my life. He died in the old farm house i am redoing while i was out milking the cows and he was cooking us some dinner. I can just hope john jr and john the 3rd and now john the forth will love and care for it into the future.

John 4th first rifle,look at the interest in his face and he could open the bolt the first try after i did it,I started something there I THINK i seen some sparks.that was a year ago about.He loves to go in my gun rooms with me too.

we have a oily rag just for his rifle and he go's and gets it and knows were his rifle is and we wipe er down when he come to visit me .

1904 Winchester, thought you mite like to see were it ended up kentuckyyeti
That first picture is priceless , his first look at it as my wife set it down. And if you look at my belt buckle you can see i am still wearing my avatar ever since 1979
JOHNNY WACKO
PriseDeFer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PriseDeFer »

How to Build a Happy Place and What It's All About in the same post, ambitious but you pulled it off. Thanks.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Looks great Johnny -- nice pix all around! Enjoy!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Now that's a shootin range there. Nice deck to keep you out of the sun and rain too.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

PriseDeFer wrote:How to Build a Happy Place and What It's All About in the same post, ambitious but you pulled it off. Thanks.
I had to google the work ambitious to understand its meaning but it summed up what my intent nicely.Thanks for the kind words and your exact understanding of my feelings in 1 word.it was greatly appreciated. always feels good to be understood and appreciated by people from outside your scope of understanding.If just every one was so wise the world would be a nicer place. :D
JOHNNY WACKO
Richardx
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Richardx »

Beautiful place, if it was mine I would put a grill on that deck and Donna would never get me back to the house, and I love her.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

she could make some booty calls when needed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That gap is for a shooting bench not steps in the front. :D
JOHNNY WACKO
Richardx
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Richardx »

10-4 on the booty calls