Anyone shoot the 22 TCM round?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Anyone shoot the 22 TCM round?

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'm thinking Doc does. What can you tell me about it?
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: Anyone shoot the 22 TCM round?

Post by harry »

I have a contender rifle in 22 TCM, love it. In the rifle I can do a lot with the velocity, 1500 to 2600 with the 45 gr bullet. It has taken the place of the 22 WMR.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

No chrony data but it is:

Easy to shoot - barely any recoil, just noisy.

Slide way easier to rack than anything but 22 LR's.

Accurate - probably because of the above; I can hit the 4" 100 yard gong 3-4 times with a magazine full (18 rounds). Pop cans or small tannerite jars at 25 yards a given if I rest my arms on something; 50/50 if standing.

And yes, it DOES detonate Tannerite.... :twisted:

Fun - probably better to initiate a newbie with 22 LR due to the noise factor, but once they are 'into shooting' they will likely love shooting it.

Not one I'd pick for CCW or home-defense due to noise (quieter than a 30 Carbine Blackhawk, but about as loud as a 357 snubbie).

I think it would work as a hunting gun with practice for small game - anything a 22 Hornet or 218 Bee might take, but I've not hunted anything with it.

Mostly a 'fun' round in the 1911 for me; but the package with the 9mm Luger barrel made it too hard to pass up.

I got 1,000 rounds of ammo fairly cheap so haven't reloaded yet.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Haven't shot one but since I like the little cartridges( Bee is my favorite) I always read the articles on the TCM. I can say that from the rifle it's not terribly accurate. What I mean is I'm sure there is room for improvement by working on the gun but I'm not that impressed by it.
My Bee will do the same, Hornet almost as well.

Sure it would be a lot of fun working the kinks out of one but not that far up my list.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

It is a hoot to shoot! loud as heck, not recoil to speak of, more accurate than I am anymore, turns fruit into juice (shooting over ripe apples from about 15 yards they just disappear), will slice right through old shovel heads and car doors. Might be a good close in varmint handgun but would probably tear up a lot of meat/pelt. Been able to keep it loaded with a pretty good amount of 9mm ammo when not playing with the tcm is a big plus, since the mags it uses are the same as Para 38 super mags I fitted another slide to the frame and installed a 38 super barrel in it. So now I have 3 calibers I can shoot from the same frame. Fitted the new slide because the tcm bolt face in the original was not wide enough to accommodate the supers base and did not want to open it up because of the pressure the tcm runs at. That is all I got so far, still would like to get an accurate rifle in the caliber.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Hitchhike; Anybody reload it?
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

mikld wrote:Hitchhike; Anybody reload it?
I have for couple of years
Trump 2024

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

GunnyMack wrote:Haven't shot one but since I like the little cartridges( Bee is my favorite) I always read the articles on the TCM. I can say that from the rifle it's not terribly accurate. What I mean is I'm sure there is room for improvement by working on the gun but I'm not that impressed by it.
My Bee will do the same, Hornet almost as well.

Sure it would be a lot of fun working the kinks out of one but not that far up my list.
I have read that about the RI rifle, thats why I bought the MGM barrel for my contender, and it it very accurate.
Trump 2024

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

wolfdog wrote:It is a hoot to shoot! loud as heck, not recoil to speak of, more accurate than I am anymore, turns fruit into juice (shooting over ripe apples from about 15 yards they just disappear), will slice right through old shovel heads and car doors. Might be a good close in varmint handgun but would probably tear up a lot of meat/pelt. Been able to keep it loaded with a pretty good amount of 9mm ammo when not playing with the tcm is a big plus, since the mags it uses are the same as Para 38 super mags I fitted another slide to the frame and installed a 38 super barrel in it. So now I have 3 calibers I can shoot from the same frame. Fitted the new slide because the tcm bolt face in the original was not wide enough to accommodate the supers base and did not want to open it up because of the pressure the tcm runs at. That is all I got so far, still would like to get an accurate rifle in the caliber.
3 calibers? Now that is very interesting!!! :mrgreen:
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

harry wrote:
mikld wrote:Hitchhike; Anybody reload it?
I have for couple of years
And? :?: :?:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

By the way....RIA also makes a 1911 in 22 WMR.... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "