Sights for Marlin 1894 CL

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Crazy Horse
Levergunner 1.0

Sights for Marlin 1894 CL

Post by Crazy Horse »

I have a marlin 1894 CL 25/20 that I need a set of sights for. I got the gun used a few years back and I am wanting to start playing around with it. It's not in the greatest shape as far as the bluing goes but looks to be in good shape on the inside. Whoever had it before me had put a peep sight on it and removed the rear sight. The front sight looks to be shorter than the factory sight also. I would like to get a buck horn or semi buck horn sight for it and small gold bead front sight. Can someone tell me the correct sights I need to order for this rifle.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Sights for Marlin 1894 CL

Post by Blaine »

These are good people to work with. I'm sure their recommendations would be in your best interests.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/Default.aspx
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Crazy Horse
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Crazy Horse »

I will call them Monday.
Crazy Horse
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Crazy Horse »

I have been looking around and I can't find anyone that specifically calls out the correct front sight for the 1894 "CL" model. It's a pretty tall front sight that is wedged directly into the barrel. Maybe someone at Buffalo Arms will know exactly what sight I need.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

When I mounted a Williams FP peep sight on my Marlin 30-30CB, I used a .570 front post in the front dovetail, otherwise it would have been too short. I reckon it would/may depend on what rear peep sight you decide on and go with that manufacturer recommendation.

Best wishes ! I have always admired the Marlin 1894 CL rifles. I stupidly passed one opportunity on a used one way back when. Now, I never even see one anymore.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If someone here has one in 25-20 they could measure front height and post photo of rear sight if you want to go 'authentic'.

Otherwise just get a good rear sight of style you like, shoot it, and see if elevation is ok. If not, then worry about front height.

Once I passed 50 years old, I found out my eyes did WAY better with the Williams FP rear sights than any 'open' style other than the Marbles 'Bullseye' ones, so enjoy your buckhorn-style sights while you still can... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

I just checked my 32-20 94cl and it has a 3/32 bead 1/2" high. If I can remember correctly it had a Marbles buckhorn on it when new. I used a Lyman tang rear sight to good effect when the eyes where better.
Last edited by EdinCT on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Horse
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Crazy Horse »

Thanks for the help