OT - Camo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

OT - Camo

Post by cnjarvis »

I took a pic of my Natural Gear camo jacket next to an ACU boonie cover just to see what happened. I took it in B&W because as I understand it, deer see mostly in those colors give or take a couple.

I simply tossed them out in the middle of the pasture and snapped a pic. I was a little surprised and I thought you might like to see the result.

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

HMMM. PRETTY GOOD...
BUT I'M A MOSSY OAK MAN....
WE DONT HAVE NATURAL GEAR IN STORES
AROUND HERE IN FLORIDA
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Thanks for posting this. I also use Natural Gear camo here in Indiana for coyote hunting and feel it works well during late fall and winter. People I hunt with comment on how quickly and completely I disappear even though it doesn't mimick leaves, moss, and branches like some camo. I have always felt the digital ACUs didn't blend in anywhere, maybe the colors are too light, or the pattern just doesn't break up your outline enough.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

The jacket's not bad, would blend well with some brush in front, But that boonie sure sticks out.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

A buddy and I once took some B&W photos of each other in our hunting togs, in an appropriate woodland setting for around here. My plain ol' woodland camo looked pretty good -- but no better than his outfit consisting of an old brown felt slouch hat, red plaid wool jacket, and brown Carhart overalls. :)
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Honestly I think a lot of the camo stuff is more for the wearer and not the animal. Personal opinion only, I think outline and face/eyes play more than anything.
Old Law Dawg
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Well the ACU stuff wasnt made for color blind bambi's. It was made for bad guys. I dont wear cammies for the deer I wear them because they hold up to the abuse of stolling threw the brush.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

I was just surprised and honestly a little disappointed. I was going to get a set to hunt and woodsbum in. I'm not so sure now.