Congrats, Kali....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Congrats, Kali....

Post by Blaine »

:evil: It seems that your Governor just signed a bill requiring background checks for ammo purchases. I wonder what THAT will cost? :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Congrats, Kali....

Post by jeepnik »

I haven't bought manufactured ammo in years. But, for many this is another way of violating our rights.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Yup, it's great to have components and a good press or two!
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

The never ending stupid "feel good" laws coming from the liberal democrats controlling California do nothing but make criminals out of formerly law-abiding citizens. They do absolutely nothing to stop real criminals. I can't help but wonder what their plans are for those who reload their own ammunition?

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

So , you buy a box of .22's and pay a $40 transfer fee ?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It would be nice to think that the gun owners in Kalifornia would actually unite and oust these idiots from office....from what I understand, there are LOTS of gun owners in Kalifornia - supposedly more than in Texas, according to a guest on the Mark Levin show.

It is a shame that there are at least 80 million gun owners in the U.S., yet rarely would even one out of a thousand send an outraged letter to a legislaturd.... :evil:

(Yeah, I know "they don't do any good" - but in fact they DO if the legislaturds get enough of them. A couple dozen doesn't get their attention, and a bunch of "form" e-mails doesn't get their attention. But imagine if only one of a hundred gun owners sent a paper letter - they'd be getting 800,000 letters every time they poked their nose into the 'gun-control' bin.

Unfortunately, most gun owners just grumble to other gun owners down at the gun shop, buy a box of ammo, and if they are feeling really generous, send the NRA ten bucks... :roll:

No wonder freedom is slipping away.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I think I'm gonna see a lot of CA license plates parked in the local stores/gun shops. Perhaps some shortages here in So. Oregon.....
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

AJMD429 wrote:It would be nice to think that the gun owners in Kalifornia would actually unite and oust these idiots from office....from what I understand, there are LOTS of gun owners in Kalifornia - supposedly more than in Texas, according to a guest on the Mark Levin show.

It is a shame that there are at least 80 million gun owners in the U.S., yet rarely would even one out of a thousand send an outraged letter to a legislaturd.... :evil:

(Yeah, I know "they don't do any good" - but in fact they DO if the legislaturds get enough of them. A couple dozen doesn't get their attention, and a bunch of "form" e-mails doesn't get their attention. But imagine if only one of a hundred gun owners sent a paper letter - they'd be getting 800,000 letters every time they poked their nose into the 'gun-control' bin.

Unfortunately, most gun owners just grumble to other gun owners down at the gun shop, buy a box of ammo, and if they are feeling really generous, send the NRA ten bucks... :roll:

No wonder freedom is slipping away.
I lived in CA for 60 years. I joined several organizations, helped circulate petitions, and wrote an occasional letter all to help keep some of my gun freedoms intact. All to no avail. There may be many gun owners in CA, but the state is run by the Big 3; Los Angeles, San Francisco (bay area) and Sacramento. All these city folks vote with "city thinking" and the rest of the state suffers (the citizens of Shasta, and Happy Camp are under the same laws as the folks in Los Angeles) The legislators kowtow to the urban money, tree huggers and buzzard lovers, and to hell with hunters/sportsmen and rural "country folk" (a few years ago an item on the ballot that was much touted by the city dwellers dealt with the amount of space a laying chicken needed. Seems those poor little birds were stressing out from over "crowding", so now there is a square inch area requirement per bird, on the books.). CA had a lot to offer as far as outdoors recreation, but now unless you ride a mountain bike, surf, or boat (with mebbe a little fishing, but I've heard talk of banning lead sinkers and jigs.) you're SOL...

Nope, not all the gun folk in CA are sitting on their butts watching their rights slip away, just vastly outnumbered...

What have you done, today, to help secure your 2nd Amendment rights? Not directed at AJMD429 directly.
Last edited by mikld on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mike
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

mikld nailed it.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

I might be getting this wrong, but.....
Besides ammo, reloading components are also going to be regulated. And if you buy "stuff" from out of state? FELONY!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you bring it in! :oops: :x :evil: :twisted:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:roll: The pols in Washington State just sneer, and thumb their noses at the conservative minority. Five years ago, the state was socially liberal, but still, by a comfortable majority, loved their guns. Not so anymore. They've run the gun stores out of Seattle (fifty bucks a weapon, nickel each for rounds), and I expect that the entire state will follow suit.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

mikld wrote: I lived in CA for 60 years. I joined several organizations, helped circulate petitions, and wrote an occasional letter all to help keep some of my gun freedoms intact. All to no avail. There may be many gun owners in CA, but the state is run by the Big 3; Los Angeles, San Francisco (bay area) and Sacramento....
Nope, not all the gun folk in CA are sitting on their butts watching their rights slip away, just vastly outnumbered...
Yup. All of the above, and I've dumped hundreds of dollars over the years into NRA and other groups that fight for our freedoms, even though I am not really what you would call a "man of means." I've lived here 68 years minus 4 years in the Service. All of what mikld stated is spot on.

I have an additional problem, frankly, with a few of my esteemed Leverguns forum brothers who have, over the years, talked smugly about "It won't happen in MY state..." and "You Californians asked for it..." and "Don't cry to me because merchants won't go through the [minor] paperwork to sell a gun to your FFL dealer..." implying that every Californian deserves what the Liberals foisted upon us. I say again, shame on you.

I have quietly and consistently put away some things over the past several years so that my family will be protected, knowing that this was coming, starting with the huge increased impetus from the Clinton Administration.

But unlike some of my friends here who have callously and smugly laughed up their sleeves because it's not their state's gun rights that are hemorrhaging, I will continue to try to help all good folks to safeguard their 2nd Amendment rights, including spending time encouraging others to start shooting, reloading, and preparing for tough times. That is, without the wild-eyed living in a cave approach.

So I guess I'm saying - as I have said on this forum more than once before, starting several years ago - Don't laugh or scoff at California. Your time is almost certainly coming. Some of y'all in your other states are now falling under my earlier prediction; I see that you are now crying the blues over some lost 2nd Amendment rights, too. We need to unite in whatever ways possible to defeat the constant onslaught against our gun rights.

As for "Move out of the state [you dummy! - implied]" - well, some of us have family, children, grandchildren, loved ones that we must care for and wish to see regularly. Add extenuating health problems of some in the family to that mix, and you have a good reason why some of us are stuck here.

Now, Mr. Moderator, I am hoping that this is not moved to the Politics subforum. This is not a political post; I am not criticizing a particular party for its platforms, except the 2nd Amendment which is clearly a contested point of view between what is becoming two extremely polarized political factions; but this is only about the 2nd Amendment and this is a gun related forum!

BUT if you are about to move the thread based upon my entry, then just delete my entry and I'll try again.
Last edited by JohndeFresno on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

The ammo ban will be on the November ballot, If passed it would effect reload components as well as domestic sales. It would require a $50 fee to buy an ammo purchase permit and bringing ammo bought from out of state would be illegal. So get out there and vote this November
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

This sort of thing is why I'm thinning the herd, and buying more ammo, and reloading components....Mostly, I don't plink a lot with my centerfire rifles except to check zero a few times a year. I probably have a lifetime-worth of .22, but I think I'll pick up another 5000 (7 cents a round shipped free from Target Sports USA....I like that company), and stock up on some more CCI CB Longs for TEOTWAWKI poaching across the road on Ft Lewis..... Probably only in my Geritol-fueled dreams will I ever have a defensive/tactical use for all this, but it gives me a warm fuzzy, and it's a better investment than beer, and potato chips.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Among "Moon Doggie's" push and bills one is you cannot give or lend a firearm to anyone, including immediate family without a background check. Yep, coming to a state near you...
Mike
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

mikld wrote:Among "Moon Doggie's" push and bills one is you cannot give or lend a firearm to anyone, including immediate family without a background check. Yep, coming to a state near you...
It's here already in WA...An initiative that THE FRACKEN PEOPLE voted in.... :evil: :evil: Nobody seems to be enforcing it, though, but it's there, all ready to make a felon out of a dumb person that deals with someone they don't know.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

If I read the banned firearms list correctly there will be a whole lot of C&R stuff hitting the market, from those that will comply. I can't believe that the SKS & SVT are on that list.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:
mikld wrote:Among "Moon Doggie's" push and bills one is you cannot give or lend a firearm to anyone, including immediate family without a background check. Yep, coming to a state near you...
It's here already in WA...An initiative that THE FRACKEN PEOPLE voted in.... :evil: :evil: Nobody seems to be enforcing it, though, but it's there, all ready to make a felon out of a dumb person that deals with someone they don't know.
That's the way Joseph Stalin worked - make 'everything' illegal so that everyone breaks some law nearly every day, but don't enforce it - until your political enemy crosses a line....then drop the hammer on them.... Same mindset in the U.S. now.... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"Yup, it's great to have components and a good press or two!"
--JohnDeFresno

But for how long will reloading components be exempt??

I think that within 18-24months -- maybe sooner -- we will hear about the "ammo loophole" that allows reloaders to skirt the background check by reloading.

Back in 1990's, when I worked in the Bay Area one of the talked about gun control schemes was a tax and background check -- to purchase ammunition, components and reloading equipment. But at the time, it went no where as the "time was not ripe" for that type of legislation....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Ray Newman wrote: But for how long will reloading components be exempt??
Correct - right on the head.
For the moment, some folks are reloading at an increased pace who have trusted relatives in other states with storage space. Enough said.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Hard to believe the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia is part of the USA. Sounds more like part of the UK, or OZ.
Here in OZ you have to produce your license to buy powder, ammo, etc, and the LGS are obliged to keep the details in a purchase record book.

Your liberal democrats must be a heck of a lot different to ours. Our LDP campaign for less political correctness, less government, personal freedom and responsibility, and best of all the RIGHTS AND MEANS to self defense. Unfortunately it is probably everything that's good about them that stops people voting for them. People are just too scared to take responsibility for themselves.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

JReed wrote:The ammo ban will be on the November ballot, If passed it would effect reload components as well as domestic sales. It would require a $50 fee to buy an ammo purchase permit and bringing ammo bought from out of state would be illegal. So get out there and vote this November

That thing in November is Gavin Newsom's doing. It's nearly moot since Brown signed the deal July 1/.

I have about 3 years left here.... the general population is about as politically stupid a bunch I've ever seen. Most think "Sacramento" does this stuff to them... they had NO clue this bull was gutted and re written ... NO one here seems to vote or understand how and why things work.

Shame too... the border counties are full of good people.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Born, raised, worked and retired in kaliphornia. have fought this hard and long to no avail.
What is it gunna cost me? A move outta here.

This , the hi cap magazine ban and many other things just to much to stay here anymore!
Life member of NRA, donating every year, member of CRPA and several shooting clubs and voting to save the constitution wasn't enough. Move time!

Idaho, Boise area, within 50 miles or so, look good for many reasons. Anyone here know the region? Any ground squirrel shooting??

Going to plan a trip there for a couple of weeks this year with 5th wheel, park the 5th wheel there, and drive around a lot to see things.

This was the straw that broke the camels back :(

Any feed back would be deeply appreciated !

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Bronco wrote:Born, raised, worked and retired in kaliphornia. have fought this hard and long to no avail.

This , the hi cap magazine ban and many other things just to much to stay here anymore!
Life member of NRA, donating every year, member of CRPA and several shooting clubs and voting to save the constitution wasn't enough. Move time!

Idaho, Boise area, within 50 miles or so, look good for many reasons. Anyone here know the region? Any ground squirrel shooting??

Going to plan a trip there for a couple of weeks this year with 5th wheel, park the 5th wheel there, and drive around a lot to see things.

John

+1
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

1894cfan, gotta admire your resolve and hope for you the best. It ain't easy pulling up stakes and moveing at our age. I'm in the throws of a move from Wyoming (gun friendly, just too cold) to Idaho myself..mostly done but still worlds of work. Best of luck!
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Les, what really gets me is the regulation of reloading components! My hobby is casting my own bullets, reloading, target shooting and small/medium game hunting and those ***'s are doing their best to cut that off! :twisted:
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Bronco wrote:Born, raised, worked and retired in kaliphornia. have fought this hard and long to no avail.

John
Yep, me too. But for me, it seemed like everything I did, someone wanted to "control" it. My firearms was the most blatant (10 day waiting period, magazine restrictions, gun restrictions, and city of LA required a picture ID to purchase handgun ammo), but even boating, in the ocean, was under attack. Legislation was pending for mandatory PFD wear (not just on board, but on the body) any time foot set on board. I had been fighting for many years to keep my basic rights intact, but tired. When I retired, I left CA exactly 36 hours after the final papers were signed...
Mike
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

They're doing their best to make me into an outlaw. They should be careful what they wish for. They won't like me as an outlaw!
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Les Staley wrote:They're doing their best to make me into an outlaw. They should be careful what they wish for. They won't like me as an outlaw!
+1 :mrgreen:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

1894cfan wrote:
Les Staley wrote:They're doing their best to make me into an outlaw. They should be careful what they wish for. They won't like me as an outlaw!
+1 :mrgreen:
There is so much of Kali I want to explore, but I'm scared to go there anymore. I don't know how I could escape felony indictment if a chance encounter, or accident revealed my weapon (that I refuse to be without.)
Actually, I suppose that when I drive to Ohio, and criss-cross back across CONUS I'm in violation in most states.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV