Getting ready for the elections .... ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Getting ready for the elections .... ?

Post by rjohns94 »

Yesterday, sig 226 model 25 with a sig adaptive carbine platform to play with, case of 9mm added to the ammo locker 9 mags total added to the locker and ccw holster ordered.
Today, Colt 901 adaptive carbine in .308 and 5.56, 10 mags each, case of ammo for each added to the locker.

Question: What is your defensive shotgun of choice?

870 used to be standard. Some choose the mossberg 500/590 platform. I use to use the Benelli super 90 with straight stock and extended mag tube. But what say you? Currently have a coach gun with rails and a light by the bed but going to up my game there.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Getting ready for the elections .... ?

Post by AJMD429 »

Saiga....

Fast and reliable detachable magazines (and drums... :twisted: )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well my shotgun/s are going to be SxS or O/U . But then other then a couple single barrels and two bolt action rifled guns those are the only shotguns I have . But then a SxS 10 gauge with a slug in one barrel and 000 in the other barrel is rather formidable .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Biggest thing I wanna buy BEFORE the election is around twenty more pounds of powder and perhaps 5000 CCI209's . Perhaps 10-20 bags of shot mostly #8 but I wouldn't mind a bag of 6's and four or five bags of 9's .
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Stoeger M3K
Review in "Recoil" magazine compares it very favorably to the parent Benelli competition gun. And at ½ the price a bargain to boot. Add the extended magazine and you're set.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

When something goes bump in the night or some one needs to be convinced of My intentions, loaded with 00buck..the pointy thing on the end sums it up...http://www.mossberg.com/product/590a1-9-shot-spx-50771/
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

[quote="Griff"]Stoeger M3K
Review in "Recoil" magazine compares it very favorably to the parent Benelli competition gun. And at ½ the price a bargain to boot. Add the extended magazine and you're set.

Where is the extended mag available from?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

rjohns94 wrote:
Griff wrote:Stoeger M3K
Where is the extended mag available from?
How 'bout from Midway... but the Nordic Components units for the Stoeger M3000 will fit, as the M3K is a variant from that hunting or sports model.
Film of the 1st 250 round thru one.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

870 Tactical. ...8 +1 & 20 on the sling.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Shotgun by the bed is an old Mossberg 500ATP 20 inch 8 shot that I got from a Pawn shop in 2001 for 100 bucks. It was an old police gun. On the bottom of the fore stock the number 177 is stamped in the wood, and on the right side of the action is stamped SGPD. It is a keeper.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

This is why I like the Saiga - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKfO078KUJs

Mine feeds slugs and buckshot just fine, and as you can see, recoil is not at all distracting, even firing really fast.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I purchased a Mossberg 500 over 30 years ago, when I was in college; it was my first shotgun and all I could afford. That being said, it has been an excellent shotgun and I've always recommended it as a great and affordable general-purpose shotgun. However, for serious "social" work I'd go with the Remington 870 given the ability of that firearm to take an extension tube to hold more rounds; the 500 cannot.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Yep, I been dragging my feet about getting an AR (but I do have an AK 74, 5.45x39 and it's kinda cute, in a clunky way) and it's prolly gonna be hard finding one now. I just got 5 lbs of pistol powder in yesterday and I've kept an inventory of components handy, never running too low. Mebbe I'll look into a Century Arms AK 47 if an AR isn't available and at a "normal" price...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Pretty pedestrian. Franchi Model 48L 20 ga. It wears a 20" barrel for that purpose (switch to a longer barrel and my favorite upland game gun is back). Four in the mag, one in the chamber. If that won't deal with any expected situation I'm going to call in an airstrike, cuz few extra rounds likely won't do it either.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I purchased a Mossberg 500 over 30 years ago, when I was in college; it was my first shotgun and all I could afford. That being said, it has been an excellent shotgun and I've always recommended it as a great and affordable general-purpose shotgun. However, for serious "social" work I'd go with the Remington 870 given the ability of that firearm to take an extension tube to hold more rounds; the 500 cannot.
The Mossberg is available in a 9-shot magazine version, but if you have the 5-shot one you can't just 'upgrade'... :(

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

.45colt wrote:When something goes bump in the night or some one needs to be convinced of My intentions, loaded with 00buck..the pointy thing on the end sums it up...http://www.mossberg.com/product/590a1-9-shot-spx-50771/

Same here.... :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

.45colt wrote:When something goes bump in the night or some one needs to be convinced of My intentions, loaded with 00buck..the pointy thing on the end sums it up...http://www.mossberg.com/product/590a1-9-shot-spx-50771/
My 870 Express don't have one of those pointy things on the end, but it is kinda religious with the business end being kinda holy. :shock: :mrgreen:
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

2ndovc wrote:

Same here.... :D

jb 8)
Was a time I learned how to use one of those pointy things. But as I age I realize I have no intention of getting that close to anything on which I would use one.

Now that's not to say I don't own ones that fit on things like my Scout/Squad, M1 carbine, M1 rifle and my AR. But, it will be a cold day in hades before I intentionally rely on one.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jeepnik wrote:Was a time I learned how to use one of those pointy things. But as I age I realize I have no intention of getting that close to anything on which I would use one.

Now that's not to say I don't own ones that fit on things like my Scout/Squad, M1 carbine, M1 rifle and my AR. But, it will be a cold day in hades before I intentionally rely on one.
They ARE useful when you are outside in a muddy range area and there is nothing to lay the gun down on that isn't mucky; you can just poke the bayonet into the ground... :D

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

make sure your passport has ample time on it as well. I live 75 miles from an international border where I could seek asylum, as long as I have documentation.

unless I bone up on spanish
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Grizz wrote:make sure your passport has ample time on it as well. I live 75 miles from an international border where I could seek asylum, as long as I have documentation.

unless I bone up on spanish
Passport is a non issue with me !

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

My go to is a standard wing master 870. I have a lot of confidence that it will go bang and as it is my skeet gun I handle it without having to think to hard about what I'm doing.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8