Orlando shooting --- How the heck

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Orlando shooting --- How the heck

Post by earlmck »

can 300 people just drop down and cower and wait for some clown to come around to shoot them?

I can't wrap my mind around this. It was a crowded night club -- how could this fellow get a gun into action for more than the first couple of shots without being creamed from behind? And from the left and the right and from below?

Or failing that, if these folks just threw their purses at him they'd have smothered him before he got off 10 rounds.

When the 2 gunmen last year stood in a concert hall with 1600 people and shot and shot unmolested I thought "well, that's Frenchmen for you". But these were Americans. They just laid on their shaking bellies and let this guy shoot and shoot and reload and shoot some more and reload and shoot and reload and shoot and reload and and...Sheeesh!

I am thinking that the way these shootings have been publicized the folks who don't know about guns, don't know that a gun doesn't make a person immediately omnipotent, well they have been educated to expect anyone brandishing a black rifle to be in total control. They must think that the only possible response is to cower on the floor and hope to get skipped. Because these nasty guns are sooo POWERFUL don't you know!

If the crowd would have piled on this guy and maybe chopped off his junk and rammed the rifle barrel up his rectum just kind of accidentally in the process of subduing him, it would have taken a lot of the glamour out of jihad and reduced the casualty level by about 97. But they didn't and so the glamour just increased. I am disgusted with that bunch of cowards.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Orlando shooting --- How the heck

Post by Griff »

Yep, a club full of cowards.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

There are sheep and then there are gay sheep
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Gay or otherwise, sheep are sheep, and when the wolf comes into their paddock they will all run into the corner of the paddock and hope the wolf picks some other sheep.
What we need in this world are more sheepdogs, and less of the nanny state mentality which punishes the sheepdog for biting.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

earlmck wrote:They just laid on their shaking bellies and let this guy shoot and shoot and reload and shoot some more and reload and shoot and reload and shoot and reload and and....
You forgot he was also texting his wife, and calling 911 to report he was doing it for Allah.....
Fox News wrote:As survivors cowered in darkened rooms, praying and texting police and relatives, Mateen accessed his Facebook account to search for media reports, using search words such as “Pulse Orlando” and “Shooting.” An FBI source told FoxNews.com he also made 16 phone calls from inside the club after the bloody spree began. Investigators are tracking down each of the recipients of those calls.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/15/or ... ealed.html
Yet tons of LibTard academic YUPPIE types from the 'progressssive' side of the aisle will tell you that there's no way anyone with a gun could have fought back successfully.....that thinking so is delusional fantasy.......then they go on to demand we pass 'tougher background checks' so this won't happen again.

If there is any 'litmus test' for stupidity, being in favor of 'strict gun control' must top the list.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Many folks are just not alert to their surroundings and/or have been long pre-conditioned by schools, employers & social/news media to accede to BG's, as in "just let them take the money, it's not worth it", "shelter in place", etc, etc, ad nauseam.

The "peace generation" is gone, evidently replaced by the "no piece" generation - although guns are flying off FFL's shelves again, in response.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I just watched not five minutes ago on T.V. an interview with a gun store owner who had the gunman in His store a month ago trying to buy body armor and bulk ammo. when told they don't carry the body armor the shooter made calls on His cell phone talking in another language. The clerk knew something was up and the shooter left. they called the FBI who did nothing.....

fbi
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

pilot error . :oops:

Last edited by Pete44ru on Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I agree with ALL comments above, for no other reason than to save a bunch of typing.
A Sheep will always be a Sheep. You can not change that.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I'm Sorry for getting off track in the post Earl, Yes We have to wonder what the crowd was thinking. We attend a large Church in a rural Farm country setting. last year while Church was in attendance some lowlife scum were out breaking into the cars in the parking lot. I can't help but think what would happen if they came in and tried to rob the Church Goers. I wonder if they would turn the other cheek or fight....many Veterans in the Congregation.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Griff wrote:Yep, a club full of cowards.
You mean country, for the most part.

They were probably too busy trying to post about it on Twitter and Facebook.
Slow is just slow.
Michaux
Levergunner

Post by Michaux »

.45colt wrote:I'm Sorry for getting off track in the post Earl, Yes We have to wonder what the crowd was thinking. We attend a large Church in a rural Farm country setting. last year while Church was in attendance some lowlife scum were out breaking into the cars in the parking lot. I can't help but think what would happen if they came in and tried to rob the Church Goers. I wonder if they would turn the other cheek or fight....many Veterans in the Congregation.
In my church both the pastor as well as about a half dozen others conceal carry. Doubt if 90% of the congregation realize it.

Michaux
Richardx
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Richardx »

Unfortunately a great number of people, and I AM NOT ONE, respect the "Gun Free Zone" signage and in doing so they go into "Slaughter Zones"

I saw this on the CSP Forum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxKh1zsNn24

It is an interesting view point from a foreigner.

Stay armed!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I won't resort to name calling, as the posters above jump at. First, none of the posters were there and are only sharing their opinions based on third and fourth hand information, and we all know how much truth the media gives us, right? I'm not vilifying nor protecting anyone, it's just some folks jump to judgment with only 25% of the facts.

None of the attendees were trained Marines (Marines run toward the gunfire, not away) and none have had any combat experience (and unless you have been shot at you cannot say how you will react. My only "combat" was getting shot at by a Gang Banger in Compton). Just because you're straight and over 50 does not mean you will be a hero...

I just refrain from rushing to judge anyone with just snippets of facts, even old lever gun shooters... :D
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

.45colt wrote:I just watched not five minutes ago on T.V. an interview with a gun store owner who had the gunman in His store a month ago trying to buy body armor and bulk ammo. when told they don't carry the body armor the shooter made calls on His cell phone talking in another language. The clerk knew something was up and the shooter left. they called the FBI who did nothing.....

Yup, they are in the habit of doing that with the resident muslim Dictator in Chief Obummer giving the orders.
BTW, don't know if this is true or not, but heard there were possibly TWO gunmen. That's my guess with such a high body count. YMMV

fbi
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

-- how could this fellow get a gun into action for more than the first couple of shots without being creamed from behind?
Especially at a gay club... :? :twisted:

It's been my experience that, in large, those who attend "clubs" (except maybe those in Goa, TelAviv, or near a Military base) are 99.9% urban Metro - "gay" or not.

Easy pickings. Could have done just as well or worse with a Katana in those circumstances.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Ironsights wrote:
-- how could this fellow get a gun into action for more than the first couple of shots without being creamed from behind?
Especially at a gay club... :? :twisted:
:o :lol: :lol:

Old Ironsights wrote:It's been my experience that, in large, those who attend "clubs" (except maybe those in Goa, TelAviv, or near a Military base) are 99.9% urban Metro - "gay" or not.

Easy pickings. Could have done just as well or worse with a Katana in those circumstances.
Very True...
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I don't know what happened in the place but I do know even a cornered mouse will fight!!!

ollogger
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

mikld wrote:I won't resort to name calling, as the posters above jump at. First, none of the posters were there and are only sharing their opinions based on third and fourth hand information, and we all know how much truth the media gives us, right? I'm not vilifying nor protecting anyone, it's just some folks jump to judgment with only 25% of the facts.

None of the attendees were trained Marines (Marines run toward the gunfire, not away) and none have had any combat experience (and unless you have been shot at you cannot say how you will react. My only "combat" was getting shot at by a Gang Banger in Compton). Just because you're straight and over 50 does not mean you will be a hero...

I just refrain from rushing to judge anyone with just snippets of facts, even old lever gun shooters... :D
Don't think you have to be a Marine to fight for your life.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"Many folks are just not alert to their surroundings and/or have been long pre-conditioned by schools, employers & social/news media to accede to BG's, as in 'just let them take the money, it's not worth it', 'shelter in place', etc, etc, ad nauseam."

--Pete44ru

BINGO!
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ray Newman wrote:"Many folks are just not alert to their surroundings and/or have been long pre-conditioned by schools, employers & social/news media to accede to BG's, as in 'just let them take the money, it's not worth it', 'shelter in place', etc, etc, ad nauseam."

--Pete44ru

BINGO!
It makes one see how Nazi Germany or other regimes could so intimidate the citizenry that they became WILLING subjects... :|

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I never read this.....these are my findings after living 61 years with 62 coming up on July 5th.

There are three major emotions that motivate man......in other words, to get off his azz........the first is joy, then fear, and the last is guilt. Most governments use fear....our spouses and friends use joy......the think tanks of America starting in the 1960's use guilt. With guilt, the subjects (we Americans) bow to the ones who the government tells us who need help.

When you "bow", you become weak and give in without thinking. The strong minded people see through this and remain vigilant and try to educate the "weak". The majority of the weak individuals remain "conditioned" to their weakness and will fight to prove their point which comes involuntary from the subconscious ............. it's why when there are 30 white kids and one black kid in a class and elections for class president comes up...the black kid is voted in, regardless of his qualities.

We (not all!) Americans have been conditioned for the last 50 years to "help" the less fortunate. The "guilt" in our subconscious takes over rational thinking and it's why the majority of Americans feel like they need to give a large part of their paycheck to lazy pieces of pelosi to live easy. The pieces of pelosi have animal instincts and don't care about "guilt" and suck up all they can with the majority of weak minded people backing them up.

Look what happened to Europe after WW2 due to the holocaust.......the millions of innocents who were murdered.......guilt........those idiots are giving up 75% of their paychecks to taxes and willingly let the scum of the world into their country to dilute their genes. It makes no COMMON SENSE. Germany.....the country with the brightest minds, who have invented 95% of the worlds greatest inventions.....letting Muslims into their country, knowing full well about Shariah Law and their quest for world domination.

Most people today are weak...mentally.....and will cower when the animals of the world....who had to fight to get to their own doorstep everyday intimidate them to get what they want.

Those people in the club in Florida were happy people naturally, were in a good mood , have been conditioned by our think tanks...and cowered unconsciously ......Don't police and military guys react without thinking due to their training when something comes up unexpectantly?????

Don't most regular gun guys, NRA members, and the Conservative thinkers have minds that overrule the stupidity of letting someone who is inferior blow our brains out?

WE are the strong........and a growing minority------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gundownunder wrote:Gay or otherwise, sheep are sheep, and when the wolf comes into their paddock they will all run into the corner of the paddock and hope the wolf picks some other sheep.
What we need in this world are more sheepdogs, and less of the nanny state mentality which punishes the sheepdog for biting.
We also need a lot more bears. Wolves are the predators in our society. The majority of people are the bleating sheep, generally useless, but for the most part not harmful either. Sheepdogs are our police and military. Bears are perfectly capable of defending themselves from either wolves or sheepdogs, and just want to be left the heck alone.

I am a bear...
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

harry wrote:
mikld wrote:I won't resort to name calling, as the posters above jump at. First, none of the posters were there and are only sharing their opinions based on third and fourth hand information, and we all know how much truth the media gives us, right? I'm not vilifying nor protecting anyone, it's just some folks jump to judgment with only 25% of the facts.

Don't think you have to be a Marine to fight for your life.
Of course not, but my statement was about this generation not being trained to react in an emergency/combat situation. Most folks in the 21-50 age bracket will drop and scream at the sound of gunfire, gay, straight, or androgynous. But basically my post was in response to all the posters condemning the folks' actions in the club when the muslim scum opened fire. I have a bunch of friends that are consciously aware of principles and "Condemnation Prior to Investigation" is one of those that are never condoned. As in 99% of the beginning posts. If you were in that club, then you can say for sure (mebbe) what went on, other wise it's just hear say "information" (?) and "news reports"...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Folks, it happened because most of today's adults have always heard or seen that they are incapable of protecting themselves. It's now taught since the moment of birth, be it parents, teachers or the media.

We need to be thankful that there are young people who have refused to accept that teaching. Otherwise, we would not have the soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines that protect us.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jeepnik wrote:We need to be thankful that there are young people who have refused to accept that teaching. Otherwise, we would not have the soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines that protect us.
We also ALL need to make a big effort to teach not only our kids and grandkids (...and I've seen some 'proud gun owners' who allow their own descendants to be 'anti-gun'... :roll: :evil: ), but ALL young people, to be BEARS and not SHEEP.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Just listened to this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp9tqJGqKBc - and the girl says his gun even jammed while he was shooting, and he was on Facebook and calling other people........yet nobody fought back.........because nobody had a gun.........because we've elected "progresssives" who support "reasonable" gun control.........

:roll: :evil:

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

AJMD429 wrote:
jeepnik wrote:We need to be thankful that there are young people who have refused to accept that teaching. Otherwise, we would not have the soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines that protect us.
We also ALL need to make a big effort to teach not only our kids and grandkids (...and I've seen some 'proud gun owners' who allow their own descendants to be 'anti-gun'... :roll: :evil: ), but ALL young people, to be BEARS and not SHEEP.
I prefer to think of my kids as more like puma. Those two can be downright sneaky not to mention lethal.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

+1 well said.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

There really isn't anything hard to understand. Very few if any of the previous mass shootings were conducted by someone with current training like the shooter in this case. Factor in most of the people in the club were drunk and/or high on something and probably few if any of them with ANY self defense much less combat training and it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. The culture of the people in the club is pacifist/passive/victim. It's not even hard to understand why so many were killed. There is no conspiracy here at all.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

That doesn't explain the off duty cop/security guy's multiple misses...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Old Ironsights wrote:That doesn't explain the off duty cop/security guy's multiple misses...

OI,
Maybe he was one of "them". Hey! For real here......I'm not being a smart alec, ignorant, racist or homophobic. A casual friend of mine is a Delaware State Trooper and he told me directly that 50-75% of State Troopers have NO business carrying a gun.

Back in the day, most cops were gun guys and conservative minded. It's (from what I'm told) pretty much the other way around now, especially here in the East. So......you have a cop who decides to take a job in a club where the people are happy-go-lucky with a history of little to no issues.....and his guard is down, plus he is a cop with 3 degrees.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

I can't wrap my mind around this. It was a crowded night club -- how could this fellow get a gun into action for more than the first couple of shots without being creamed from behind? And from the left and the right and from below?

I'm sorry, I was naughty and need forgiveness, but that pun, intentional or not, "getting creamed from behind" in a gay bar struck me funny and I laughed for a half hour before I was able to type this. That surely would have ended SOMETHING. Heeeheeheeehe! Oh my! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for self defense, they all hit him with their multicolored balloons and said, "Take THAT big boy!!

Irv