WACA Members on Paco Kelly's Lever Guns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

WACA Members on Paco Kelly's Lever Guns

Post by daisygordoninc »

I belong to Winchester Arms Collectors Association, really enjoy the quarterly they put out, mostly about old lever guns. I read every page. How many of you also belong to the WACA ? Just curious.
Aggiecubpilot
Levergunner

Re: WACA Members on Paco Kelly's Lever Guns

Post by Aggiecubpilot »

I was for a little while. I too enjoyed some of the magazine content. But flipping through my saved issues I found more advertisements for auctions and collector's trying to build their collections than actual feature content related to the firearms. I likewise came to the realization that at age 28 I am no collector, and regardless of how much I lust after this rifle or that one, I wouldn't enjoy owning a collection of fine rifles as much as I do using my current "battery of beaters". My interests lie more in the technical areas than the historical.

Thus, I stumbled upon this forum and fine group of people, and although I'm afraid I rarely have anything to contribute, I GREATLY enjoy the postings of others enjoying the use of their arms as I do.

But- I still reconsider my membership just because I wonder what I'm missing...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Aggiecubpilot wrote:I was for a little while. I too enjoyed some of the magazine content. But flipping through my saved issues I found more advertisements for auctions and collector's trying to build their collections than actual feature content related to the firearms. I likewise came to the realization that at age 28 I am no collector, and regardless of how much I lust after this rifle or that one, I wouldn't enjoy owning a collection of fine rifles as much as I do using my current "battery of beaters". My interests lie more in the technical areas than the historical.

Thus, I stumbled upon this forum and fine group of people, and although I'm afraid I rarely have anything to contribute, I GREATLY enjoy the postings of others enjoying the use of their arms as I do.

But- I still reconsider my membership just because I wonder what I'm missing...
Let's see your "battery of beaters"... :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

I am not a member, but my brother-in-law belongs. He passes the magazines along to me and I in turn pass them along to others. I agree that they are mostly advertising, but what articles there are can be very good reading.

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Post by peter richards »

I've been a member for quite a while now, I enjoy the collector magazine & the calendar. I got to be a guest speaker for them a few years back at the western show in Reno, & I won the raffle & picked up a Model 70 30-06 side levergun. A great bunch of folks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

Yes, I forgot about the calendar, they are great I have one in my office. I intend to go to the show in Cody in the near future,
must have been much joy attending and speaking for them. Congrats.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

I'm kind of surprised there aren't more of this lever gun crazy bunch who are part of WACA. I thought I was probably just a late comer to WACA within this group. The info on lever guns is just amazing, some very detailed, some just great to see. I treasure my quarterly more than any other gun magazine I get. Does anyone think that WACA may not be very well known?
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I would have joined but years ago I drilled and tapped a 1902 model 1894 32 special that had been my grandpa's. Have been banned for life.
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.