Need help on the worth of a few guns please

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Need help on the worth of a few guns please

Post by Thunder50 »

Have three 357 lever guns, but only going to sell two of them. Definitely will get rid of my Browning 92 and leaning on selling my Marlin Cowboy 24" gun.
Might keep the Marlin but don't have any idea what the other gun is worth. I bought it from Navy Arms years ago. Its a '92 copy, in stainless and has a 24" octagonal barrel and full mag. Always liked the '92 so might keep this one, but what to ask for it, if I do decide to sell it.

Help anyone?
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Need help on the worth of a few guns please

Post by Blaine »

I'd go to a reputable gun auction site, and see what people are willing to pay. I suspect that Cowboy is worth a ton of money. More than you might suspect especially if it's minty...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

.357 Browning B-92's are very hard to come by, so IMHO it'll sell pretty fast - I'd put it into an online gun auction (gunbroker, gunauction, etc,etc).

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If you need a bunch of money now and just want a 'shooter' keep the least expensive; they all are probably decent shooters.

GunsAmerica and GunBroker don't specialize in lever actions like Kittery Trading Post or some of the other sites, but if you get a (free) login, you can view old completed auctions, and see what each of them goes for.

If you want to keep the one that will probably go up in value the most, my inclination would be to keep the Marlin.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BC in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BC in TN »

Thunder,

I have a B92 .357 in very good condition with the box and have it listed locally for $1600 - no takers. I saw one sell online last fall that went for over 2K.
I'd be interested in your 24" Marlin if you decide to sell it.

Barry
BC in TN