New Movie The Revenant

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TWHBC
Levergunner 2.0

New Movie The Revenant

Post by TWHBC »

Have you guys heard about this movie coming out Jan. 8?https://www.google.com/search?q=the+rev ... e&ie=UTF-8

About Hugh Glass in the 1800's, attacked by a grizzly and left for dead by his party in the Rockies.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: New Movie The Revenant

Post by Griff »

Yep, and I'm looking forward to it... When it comes out on Blu-Ray!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Is that the film that is directed by that guy that did the major rant about cops being murderers, Quentin somethingorother, doubt I would go see something that would involve that jerk..
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jnyork wrote:Is that the film that is directed by that guy that did the major rant about cops being murderers, Quentin somethingorother, doubt I would go see something that would involve that jerk..
I can usually, but not always, separate idiots from their art....There are exceptions, of course. Tarantino is ok, but not something I would miss if I never saw another one....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

jnyork wrote:Is that the film that is directed by that guy that did the major rant about cops being murderers, Quentin somethingorother, doubt I would go see something that would involve that jerk..
No, I think that one's the "Hateful 8". And I'll watch it after the Blu-Ray gets into the bargain bins... :twisted: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

My wife saw the trailer for that today and said she'd like to see it.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

I can't wait to see it!
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The plot sounds familiar. Like one Richard Harris did many years ago. I can't be sure of the actor and I don't remember the title, but it was quite the hit for while.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

J Miller wrote:The plot sounds familiar. Like one Richard Harris did many years ago. I can't be sure of the actor and I don't remember the title, but it was quite the hit for while.

Joe
The movie was Man in the Wilderness, based on the Hugh Glass story. In the movie they changed his name to Zach Bass.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I am really looking forward to seeing this movie.
Heard that several crew members quit during filming due to the extreme conditions. Leo actually slept in an animal carcass and ate a raw buffalo heart. They say he was really deep into character.

The original was okay and Leo is one of my favorite actors so this should be good.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

JB wrote:
J Miller wrote:The plot sounds familiar. Like one Richard Harris did many years ago. I can't be sure of the actor and I don't remember the title, but it was quite the hit for while.
Joe
The movie was Man in the Wilderness, based on the Hugh Glass story. In the movie they changed his name to Zach Bass.
"A Man Called Horse" was much better, also starring Richard Harris.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Griff wrote:
JB wrote:
Joe
"A Man Called Horse" was much better, also starring Richard Harris.
"A Man Called Horse" is the one I was trying to think about.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Camel73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Camel73 »

Hey, nice!
I wasn't a big fan of leo at first but over time and noticing him in different movies, (although I never did watch Titanic, not a big water guy, although the perfect storm was awesome..) wasn't so bad.

I've been writing the other movies down that have been mentioned haha. Better go wipe out the popcorn bowl. The edge was one our family liked.

Super looking forward to it. Didn't want to watch the trailer to spoil.. even though it's supposed to be one of the best -least intrusive "they" are saying.
My first child - '94 30-30
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

If I remember, Leo is a huge Democrat supporter and anti-gun. Enough for me to pass on it, at least in the theaters.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Joe
I thought the same thing.

Another remake with half the actor.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Yep, won't be seeing it...

(from the 12/17/2015 Federalist Digest by the Patriot Post)

"[W]e’ve allowed these trillion-dollar industries to manipulate the argument about the science for too long. This year is a massive tipping point in the climate struggle. ... [L]ook, everyone loves money, I love money — we live in the United States. This is a capitalist country. But ultimately we’ve locked ourselves, through capitalism, into an addiction to oil that’s incredibly hard to reverse." — Leonardo DiCaprio (So when can we expect you to begin living like the rest of us commoners?)