What'aya Driving???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

What'aya Driving???

Post by Old No7 »

Another one from deer camp... :wink:

Old No7

We all try to be more responsible and safe today, but I would like to share with you an experience I had in my younger years regarding drinking and driving...

Going back a few decades, before we smartened up, most of us had brushes with the law on our way home. Well I for one, finally went and did something about it.

One night I was out for dinner and had a few drinks with some friends. Having had a few too many beers and knowing full well that I was struggling a little, I did something I’ve never done before...

I simply took a bus home.

And I arrived home safely and without incident...

Which was a real surprise -- since I have never driven a bus before!
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Ysabel Kid

Re: What'aya Driving???

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I remember seeing a video of a drunk that actually did that, the cops had quite a problem pulling him over.... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

gamekeeper wrote:I remember seeing a video of a drunk that actually did that, the cops had quite a problem pulling him over.... :lol:
My legal limit, whether I'm driving a class 8 truck or not, is .04... unlike the general population's .08. .04 is like havin' half a beer in a couple of hours. Where's the fun in that? It's just easier not to imbibe! I think the same case of beer is in the refrigerator that was there 3 or 4 years ago... :twisted: :roll:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Is this in honor of the miscreant that was just arrested in NYC for stealing a Greyhound bus? Poor misunderstood youth. Oh wait, he's in his forties, and started stealing mass transit vehicles when he was 15. He has if I recall over ten arrests for such things.

Gee, I wonder why he keeps doing it? Unless of course it's because he isn't in jail.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

jeepnik wrote:Is this in honor of the miscreant that was just arrested in NYC for stealing a Greyhound bus? Poor misunderstood youth. Oh wait, he's in his forties, and started stealing mass transit vehicles when he was 15. He has if I recall over ten arrests for such things.

Gee, I wonder why he keeps doing it? Unless of course it's because he isn't in jail.
He's always admired folks in uniform... especially a bus driver's uniform... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

CDL limit puts a real damper on the whole drinking thing. About the only time I drink is when I am at hunting camp and I know I am not going anywhere.