POLITICS - Jimmy Carter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

POLITICS - Jimmy Carter

Post by deerwhacker444 »

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Rarely do I get riled up, but this latest escapade by Carter really makes my blood boil.

CARTER LINK

I could care less what this pea-brained idiot does on U.S. soil, but when he's on the international scene he is supposed to represent the U.S. nation.

What in the World is he doing laying a wreath on the grave of Yasser Arafat?
Arafat had more Israeli blood on his hands than anyone in recent memory. And Carter has the guile to praise Arafat as a man who fought for "just causes" in the world.

Aaaargghhhh...........

Is there no one we can complain to? Is there no way to revoke this idiots Passport. I'm amazed that he thinks his mere presence will stop centuries of conflict and hate.

Talk about someone who has an inflated view of their "Self Worth".

I gotta go outside for a walk to relieve some frustration.!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Carter has been an abonimination to this country since he was born. He was the WORST president we ever had. I lived through his predisentary, with 28% interest on mortages, our failure in Iran, and etc., etc., etc!!!!! He should be banned from any overseas travel, and confined to his home. No phone calls either!!!!!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yep! :? It really does turn into a mental disease doesn't it? What's scary is that about 1/2 or our country and much of the world see's it his way.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Simply put, I think the wrong brother was elected... :evil:
Tom

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'd vote for worst president.

They need to revoke his passport.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

don Tomás wrote:Simply put, I think the wrong brother was elected... :evil:
Tom

I was 3 when he was elected, so I'll have to take your word on it.. :wink:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

My wife and I financed a house at 16% for fear it would go even higher. We eventually got it refinanced at a lower rate. We were young and dumb then too.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Someone needs to take his framing hammer...
and knock some sence in to him....
I hope when he goes over there....
THEY CAN KEEP HIM!
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Yes, he was the worst, I remember. He let everything go to h&*l. I was a young man, just married at the time. I wanted to buy a house, but it was out of the question. High interest rates, run away inflation, and we had no respect in the world. We let a bunch of punks hold 50 hostages for over a year, and did nothing. And then we gave the Panama cannal away. TR was probably rolling in his grave.
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

Hey, When he was the governor of GA, we were glad that he was elected president.....WE GOT HIM THE H**L OUT OF HERE!
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I'll never forget driving home from a Florida vacation during his time in office. We passed a sign along the highway that read; " We the Farmers of the South appologize to the Farmers of the North for putting Jimmy in the White House" . I think my Dad laughed for 200 miles!
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My Dad worked for the oil and gas industry, his family were farmers. Carter did more damage to them than the Great Depression did. I can only feel pity for anyone who is as abominably stupid as Carter. I don't mean unintelligent, or ill informed. Stupid appears to be a choice to me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I was 12 when the Peanut was elected, and unfortunately only 16 when he got the boot. I would have loved to have voted against that imbecile. I remember the gas lines, double-digit interest rates, inflation and unemployment - not to mention the shame of his foreign policy blunders. You would have thought America would have learned it's lesson, but apparently we are all set to run a repeat of those hellish 4 years with either Hillary or Obama at the helm... :evil: :(
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Somebody needs to find that rabbit again and sic it on his a--. That should keep him occupied for a while.
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

Leverluver... you are showing your age! I remember the rabbit!
Good ole JC was the first President I was privileged to vote against!
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

What's really is scary he believes he is the next coming of Christ, that he is the only one that understands the worlds needs.
"That'll Be The Day"
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I remember getting in a big argument with my buddy in elk camp about Carter just before the election. My friend was a Dem. in his younger years.
Many years later he is more conservative than even me. I still cant rub it in how badly his vote helped mess up this country. :evil:

We need more Ragenomics!! :wink:
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

I served in the Army under Carter, and conditions were grim. :(

Given the damage he does to the US in International politics, plus his past record in this country, about the best thing I can say for the senile old twit is that someday, there will be a Federal holiday whenever he finally shuffles off this mortal coil, and the gov't will be rid of having to pay his pension and security detail costs!!

John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

he was born senile; he is vapid, insipid, stupid, and all sorts of -ids. possibly the most naive, stubborn, arrogant, smarmy, assinine, smug, insecure, unreasoning, pathetic, ignorant, untrainable, invincibly ignorant people on the face of this earth. makes me want to barf.
did i mention i cant stand him?
cable
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

hf...why don't you tell us your true feelings about Carter...you can talk to us!

LeverBob
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

the putz

Post by joachim slim »

i was at Ft. Campbell when Carter was in office. we were ready to go (to Iran) and Carter wouldnt pull the trigger. i beleive he single handedly screwed us over in this country. i beleive we wouldnt have the problems in the mideast now if he would have been a stronger person/president.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Not only Iran also the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was another( of many) legacy of the Great Peanut failed International policies.(along with big goverment failed domestic policies) :evil: Arafat was a terrorist and extorted hundereds of millions of $ from the west while millions of Palestinians live in third world poverty. :evil: Well I never voted for him and later voted for his replacement RONALD REAGAN :D !Jimmy should have stayed on the commode with his Playboy mags. :roll:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

carter

Post by brucew44guns »

Anyone who would pass by and read these posts on Carter would know right away that Levergunners don't particularly approve of stupid blundering presidents. What a contrast when we look at Reagans time in office and compare it to Carter. It makes me sick to remember how the Repubs. nominated Ford instead of Reagan the first time he ran, just to have Ford lose to Carter. Then ol' Jimmy and and his wife went back into the White House when Reagan won 4 years later, and bawled their eyes out according to witnesses, when they knew they lost the election. In their minds they thought we needed 4 more years of their utter stupidity and more degrading of Americas prestige under their watch. What a peanut head.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

I was lucky, I only lost a business and was forced to leave my family to work away from home for 16 months. Yes, he's one of my favorites.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

if i really did, they'd kick me off the board!
cable
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I voted for him, believing that he sincerely believed in serving his country in the best way he knew how. I lived to regret the decision to support him; but I still believe that his intentions are good; he's just horribly misinformed. Pray for the poor fellow, and our country - we're the ones who collectively put him in power!
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

Carter needs to go with his crew & build houses in Iraq right now!!
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

As a President and Former President Jimmy Carter makes a pretty good small town Baptist Sunday School Teacher. Anything else and he is out of his league.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Charles wrote:As a President and Former President Jimmy Carter makes a pretty good small town Baptist Sunday School Teacher. Anything else and he is out of his league.
True, but i don't think i would want him teaching his version to my son, even at sunday school.
cable
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

hfcable wrote:
Charles wrote:As a President and Former President Jimmy Carter makes a pretty good small town Baptist Sunday School Teacher. Anything else and he is out of his league.
True, but i don't think i would want him teaching his version to my son, even at sunday school.
+1

Harold - you'll enjoy these:

"America elected Jimmy Carter 32 years ago and is still paying the price. Suppose history repeats: Obama wins and has a failed one-term presidency. Will he be jetting around the world meeting with terrorists and despots and denouncing America in 2040? Maybe not, but the thought gives us a shudder." -- James Taranto

On government and the people: "When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that's the dictator, because he speaks for all the people. But in a democracy like Israel, there is a wide range of opinions and that counterbalances the disappointment that I have in not meeting with the people shaping Israeli power now in the government." -- foreign policy "expert" Jimmy Carter

"In the final analysis, Jimmy Carter will be best remembered by history as a man whose time in and out of high public office was almost unblemished by success." -- Frank Gaffney, Jr.

"[Jimmy] Carter is about to make a disgrace of himself yet again, this time by meeting in Syria with Hamas terrorist leader Khaled Mashaal. His influence is nonexistent except where he can perform the role of useful idiot for America's enemies." -- Jed Babbin
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

As bad as his understanding was about being the President of the United States, I'd hate to think of him handling and teaching the Word Of God. Him-----to teach the truth of the bible?, I hardly think so.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Oh, I think Jimmy is orthodox in his theology. He understand.. "Jesus Loves Me This I Know For The Bible Tells Me So". Now when it comes to what to do in the world around him, he is clueless. I think he is well meaning, just dumber than a box of rocks.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I think Ben Shaprio hits the nail on the head with his article from yesterday on "the peanut"...

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/BenS ... ry_of_evil
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JP_TX »

When is the Attorney General of the USA, going to grow some cajone's and arrest that old *** and inforce The Logan Act. While he's at it he can arrest Speaker Palosi too.

It just makes me sick that these are the people that want the power to run the country again.
JP_TX
444 Marlin
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

JP_TX wrote:When is the Attorney General of the USA, going to grow some cajone's and arrest that old *** and inforce The Logan Act. While he's at it he can arrest Speaker Palosi too.

It just makes me sick that these are the people that want the power to run the country again.
+1 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

I was in my 20's when Jimmy came out of nowhere to run for President. He had been former Gov. of Georgia but was self employed as a moderately successful peanut farmer at time of his campaign. No kidding!

His years in the Oval Office show a lack of judgement and mediocre leadership. Historians have stated that this was due in large part to a lukewarm Cabinet that was hand-picked for Jimmy by party bosses.

No cabinet anymore. What's Jimmy's current excuse for poor judgement and absence of genuine leadership?

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
Pete 22
Levergunner

Post by Pete 22 »

One might ask, why is Jimmy doing what he's doing and has done? If i may borrow from Mr. Obama.........."bitter" :shock:

Pete 22
Those who would sacrifice freedom for tempory security deserve neither. - Ben Franklin
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

Marlin .35 wrote:He was the WORST president we ever had.
That sums it up perfectly..
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Slick wrote:
Marlin .35 wrote:He was the WORST president we ever had.
That sums it up perfectly..
Yep - maybe we should do with him the same thing that Hamas is doing - totally ignoring him - :P
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Israel doesn't require, nor do they deserve any defense at the expense of the United States of America.

They are not our friends.

It's my opinion that they should be permittted to destroy themselves along with all of the other sheet-head nations of the middle east regions. They are every bit as much a sponsor of terrorism and unrest as any of their neighbor countries/enemies. They are a racist and oppressive people. All of their neighbors hate them for a reason, and they can't all be wrong. Throw them to the dogs.

Regarding Mr. Carter, I think he is something of a kook, but no one in our current war-mongering administration is actively working to promote peace on this planet, so Mr. Peanut might as well.

Good luck to him.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

FWiedner wrote:Israel doesn't require, nor do they deserve any defense at the expense of the United States of America.

They are not our friends.

->And while I didn't necessarily agree with everything Ron Paul said - there is NO reason we should be stationing our country’s troops to protect Israel or South Korea..
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ram Hammer »

During the Carter years, I was on a road trip from St. Louis to Florida. Somewhere in Georgia we encountered a downpour that was so heavy that all of the traffic on the interstate had to pull off the road because visibility was zero!. Everyone on the CB was talking about how bad the rain was when one fellow with a Georgia accent spoke up and said "Don't worry folks this happens every day around this time and it will be over soon. This is just God taking revenge on Georgia for Jimmy Carter!" :lol:
No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself

There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
Will Rogers
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

I have a more personal diatribe complaint against Mr. Carter, anyone remember one of his own personal goals for his platform when he was running?

He said, "if I can accomplish one thing as President, I will pickup Robert Kennedy's guantlet and destroy the Teamster's Union". That is why the Teamster's endorsed Ronald Reagan. Well, Carter hurt the Teamster's by passing his 'Right to Work' programs and enacted the Surface Transportation Act (took effect in 1980) that decimated the Teamster's Union in the transportation industry. It cost my job at the time and I would be retiring on a $3k a month pension this coming July if he would not have done that! Thanks Jimmy, only gotta work another fifteen years...way to go Jimmy!!!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I voted against him when he was elected.
I voted against him when he lost the reelection.

I still have a copy of his defeat speech on tape, and Reagan's winning speech on the other side.

This guy is worthless. He was not only the worst president in the U.S. history, even compared to Clinton, but he IS a traitor. Instead of being allowed to run free to denigrate this country further, he should have been tried and fried for his treacherous acts while in office.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

AmBraCol wrote:Image
Please make the D*&# call :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: !
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

J Miller wrote:I voted against him when he was elected.
I voted against him when he lost the reelection.

I still have a copy of his defeat speech on tape, and Reagan's winning speech on the other side.

This guy is worthless. He was not only the worst president in the U.S. history, even compared to Clinton, but he IS a traitor. Instead of being allowed to run free to denigrate this country further, he should have been tried and fried for his treacherous acts while in office.

Joe

IO agree 100%. Even his wife was bitter acting when he left office.

And I think it would be a grave, spiritual mistake, to abandon Isreal. Isreal shall not and will not be defeated by muslims.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

handirifle wrote:
...I think it would be a grave, spiritual mistake, to abandon Isreal. Isreal shall not and will not be defeated by muslims.
Yup. It's plainly written in the Good Book. Woe to those - and in fact the nations - who turn on Israel! I have a friend whose Liberty Ship was intentionally strafed and sunk by Israeli warplanes; who nearly drowned himself, and who had many friends who did. Yet I would not dare to curse Israel, even if they have been clearly self-serving at times.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

i was just starting a family at the time of the carter administration. i work for the same corporatoin then as i do now. maybe i'm crazy, but i had alot more money in my pocket than i do today. i also think i still had more personal freedoms then ,as i do today. i.ll take carter over bush any day. this is just as i remember it, again , i could be wrong.