Mossberg 464 marinecoat

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TomD
Levergunner 3.0

Mossberg 464 marinecoat

Post by TomD »

I looked at some old threads, but it seems like a moving target, on quality. What is the current thinking on whether this gun is a buy or not.

One thing I didn't like the sound of is that apparently it voids the warranty if you take it apart. That combined with the marinecoat, which is not going to be easy to work on like stainless, and it starts to sound like it would not be a do it yourselfers rifle. But that has nothing to do with it's overall suitability.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Mossberg 464 marinecoat

Post by Panzercat »

Mine was pretty good. The tube feed issue that I started with seemed to go away after a few trips to the range. At first I liked the organic feel of the grip safety but over time I decided it makes its engagement harder to judge versus the more clicky marlins I've handled. That and I decided I'm not a top angle eject fan are what finally put it on the sell list, though your mileage may vary. It's an undeniably sexy looking gun though.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

The wood on the ones I saw, looked like they were made out of a Menards 2x4 and not the good ones either. It might have shot fine, can't say, but the looks did me in.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

My nephew bought the Davidson's short barrel model a few years ago. It typically shoots 150 grain Power Point bullets into a 2 inch group at 100 yards. No problems with jamming or anything else. Its a good deer rifle; he tagged a big 9 point buck last year while hunting in western Maryland. This Mossberg is a keeper!

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!