50 Nerds of Gray

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

50 Nerds of Gray

Post by williamranks »

It's a twitter page of the same name.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill Ranks
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinlein
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Re: 50 Nerds of Gray

Post by rossim92 »

So. is windows ten going to be like to be like windows vista? I am on windows seven and love it, but, have the free upgrade waiting for install in my updates. i dont business or bank online, so if its a bit buggy for now I don't mind. will my current printer work with windows 10 even if i have to install drivers for it hp driver download site if it's available.? What do yall say? yea or nay on the installing this new os?
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

rossim92 wrote:So. is windows ten going to be like to be like windows vista? I am on windows seven and love it, but, have the free upgrade waiting for install in my updates. i dont business or bank online, so if its a bit buggy for now I don't mind. will my current printer work with windows 10 even if i have to install drivers for it hp driver download site if it's available.? What do yall say? yea or nay on the installing this new os?
Re the printer. I quit using HP products after they refused to write drivers for older equipment. I had an older scanner and printer from HP. When 7 came out they would not write a driver, however calls to them resulted in an offer to sell me new ones.

Epson and Cannon on the other hand had drivers. I now use an all in one from Epson. Works well.

Re windows 10. I said when it was release I would wait. Seems I was right on the money on this one. I got stuck with vista when my laptop fried and I needed a new one right now. vista was new and that's all you could find on short notice. Upgraded to 7 when it was a bit mature and everything works. I'll sit here and be a dinosaur until 10 is fixed.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

" I'll sit here and be a dinosaur until 10 is fixed. "

A common and wise choice!
Micro soft will support their millions of W7 users for many more years.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

*koff* (Mac) :D
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
retmech
Levergunner 2.0

Post by retmech »

I'll sit here and be a dinosaur until 10 is fixed.
Still pluggin along on XP!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I use Vista on my desktop. Got it when it was new, and it's still very robust. No complaints whatsoever. Have not encountered a single incompatibility.

I use Windows 7 at work. Personally, I don't see a difference between Vista and Windows 7.

Using Windows 8.1 on my laptop. Good, just a little different interface. Seems strong.

I'll let you guys debug Windows 10 and MAYBE try it on my next NEW machine. It's my belief that OS upgrades rather than OEM installs are generally a bad idea.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

FWiedner wrote:I use Vista on my desktop. Got it when it was new, and it's still very robust. No complaints whatsoever. Have not encountered a single incompatibility.

I use Windows 7 at work. Personally, I don't see a difference between Vista and Windows 7.

Using Windows 8.1 on my laptop. Good, just a little different interface. Seems strong.

I'll let you guys debug Windows 10 and MAYBE try it on my next NEW machine. It's my belief that OS upgrades rather than OEM installs are generally a bad idea.

:)

yep... a fresh install of ANY OS is THE way to go.....

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin