This must be knife week...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

This must be knife week...

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I finished my second in a set Bowie this morning. I started them at the same time as three folders to cut down shipping costs when sending out for heat treating.

This is the smaller one in the picture,I had already posted the larger one.
This one is made of 154CM and heat treated and Cryo treated by Texas Knife Supply.
I have had that piece of 154CM in my tool box for over 30 years. 154CM fell out of favor with knife makers when the quality began to fall off some years back This piece is still the good stuff made before the slump in quality. It has been replaced by another SS , ATS34. I have some of that on order for the next project.

the blade is just a little over 7" long on this one . I did not notice the dust on the blades before I took the pictures. :oops:

I thought I would include a picture of a couple of my newest toys also. The Bisley .45 was made in 2004 and the Toklat .454 is brand new.
I just picked them up Saturday.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: This must be knife week...

Post by Pisgah »

Flawless work, Chuck. Just gorgeous.
TWHBC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TWHBC »

OH MY !!!!! :shock: +100000....
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Wow, what a blade!!!

Wish I wasn't out of work, or I'd be commissioning one from you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice work! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

Impeccable it seems.

busa
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

W
O
W
Dadgum, I wish I had that much patients :mrgreen:
I hear the ats34 has went way up in price as of late
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Plowboy , I have a piece coming that is 1/4" X 2" X 24" and with shipping it was $44.
You can buy a completed blade that is heat treated and ready for a handle for much less than that.
Either they work cheap or they make a bunch on their blade stock. This piece that is coming will keep me going for many hours to come. I hope to get two out of that piece of steel.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I would like to see more similar projects done by the folks on this board. Heck, if I can do it, so can you!
Plowboy is making some pretty nice stuff as is Hondo and several others. Get to it fellers.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That is beyond stunning!!! 8)