Uberti 1873 lover gun front site question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
grahng
Levergunner 2.0

Post by grahng »

I recently added a Marbles Tang peep site to my Uberti. Shoots great. I needed to remove the back iron site as it was in my peep hole site picture and bugged me. I bought a Marbles rear foldable site with the adjustable elevation to replace the stock one. Now, when using the rear foldable site I can't get the rifle to site in as the rear foldable is not low enough to work with the front stock site. (I think) Has anyone been here before? Do I need to replace the front site with a higher one and if so, how high?
Thanks, Jerry
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: Uberti 1873 lover gun front site question

Post by Pisgah »

grahng wrote:I recently added a Marbles Tang peep site to my Uberti. Shoots great. I needed to remove the back iron site as it was in my peep hole site picture and bugged me. I bought a Marbles rear foldable site with the adjustable elevation to replace the stock one. Now, when using the rear foldable site I can't get the rifle to site in as the rear foldable is not low enough to work with the front stock site. (I think) Has anyone been here before? Do I need to replace the front site with a higher one and if so, how high?
Thanks, Jerry

Need a bit clearer idea, here. With the folding rear sight up and its blade adjusted all the way down, is the rifle shooting high? Low?

Is the rifle zeroed with the tang peep sight? If so, when you look through the peep with the folding sight UP, what do you see? Can you still see the front blade thru the peep, or does it disappear behind the folding sight?
grahng
Levergunner 2.0

Post by grahng »

Shooting really high. I'm on paper at 25 yrs, but no where to be found at 50.
With the peep, I can see the front site just fine. Yes, its zeroed with the peep at 50. No problems.
The rear site is in the peep when it is up.
Thanks for the reply
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Not trying to be picky, but...
>>Shooting really high. I'm on paper at 25 yrs, but no where to be found at 50.

On paper close to POA? Or high and barely on paper?

>>With the peep, I can see the front site just fine. Yes, its zeroed with the peep at 50. No problems.
>>The rear site is in the peep when it is up.

Rear sight is in the peep -- but does it completely block your view of the front? Or, if you can still see the front with the folding rear up where is it in relation to the rear?
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Post by smokenrust »

Maybe take the Marbles off and get a lower one, or...
... file time and lower the flipper till it is right height. LOL...
Maybe there is a screw to lower the center of the Marbles? --
-- Hard to imagine a rear sight that does not have some adjustable movement.
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

I have Marbles tang and flip-up sights on my Uberti 1873 short rifle. I fitted a Williams front sight, 0.375in high, 0.340in wide with a 3/32in gold bead. Spot on out to 50 yds but I only use it for CAS so have not tried it at longer ranges.

Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

...I just want me a Lover Gun... :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "