300 Win Mag Lee Crimp Die

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

300 Win Mag Lee Crimp Die

Post by daisygordoninc »

For Reloaders: Can I use a 308 Lee Crimp Die for a 300 (.308) Win Mag. I don't see a 300 Win Mag
listed, but there is a 308. Anyone have experience with this?
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 300 Win Mag Lee Crimp Die

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

The Lee (rifle style) crimp die has a segmented collet that engages the case mouth to make the crimp in four segments similar to the crimp used by many factory ammo makers. This collet is driven into the tapered outer die body by the shell holder of the loading press. In short what you are asking is NO it will not work. The .300 Win. Mag. Case will not enter the .308 die far enough to reach the crimp area of the collet.for a few dollars more,Lee will make one for you. They may even have it in stock. Give them a call.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

Thank you I will give them a call.
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Post by peter richards »

I have a 300 win mag FC die that I use for my BLR, they must have made them as some stage.
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

Lee makes a universal crimp die.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
264 Win Mag
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 264 Win Mag »

daisygordoninc wrote:Thank you I will give them a call.
Have them make a custom one for you. I had them make one for my 25-35 Winchester and all I had to do was send them a dummy cartridge along with the payment. Seems like they did it in less than four weeks also.

Thomas
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

I have a 300 Win Mag FCD. As part of Pay It Forward (as I understand it) if you PM me your
address I will give you mine that is no longer needed. I sold the rifle.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Dont mean to hijack the thread but it is related to contacting Lee. I am having no luck finding a .259 bullet sizing die and was told they would make me one how do you contact Lee? Thanks
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Bullard4075 wrote:I have a 300 Win Mag FCD. As part of Pay It Forward (as I understand it) if you PM me your
Curiously enough I am in need of a 35 Whelen FCD. On the Lee site it says if I send in a 30-06 FCD for slightly
less than $12 they will make me a 35 Whelen FCD. Before I do that I will try my 35 Remington FCD and see if
that works.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

fordwannabe wrote:Dont mean to hijack the thread but it is related to contacting Lee. I am having no luck finding a .259 bullet sizing die and was told they would make me one how do you contact Lee? Thanks
http://leeprecision.com/frequently-asked-questions.html
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Bullard4075 wrote:
Bullard4075 wrote:I have a 300 Win Mag FCD. As part of Pay It Forward (as I understand it) if you PM me your
Curiously enough I am in need of a 35 Whelen FCD. On the Lee site it says if I send in a 30-06 FCD for slightly
less than $12 they will make me a 35 Whelen FCD. Before I do that I will try my 35 Remington FCD and see if
that works.
The 35 Rem FCD works for 35 Whelen. All I had to do was buy a 35 cent sleeve and washer to take up the difference
between the length of the 35 Rem and the 35 Whelen. So I believe a 308 FCD will work for 30-06 and so forth. The
shoulder of the longer case must be smaller than the shorter case.
Jeff Cooper
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I machined the die body down shorter on a .308 Win. FCD to work on the .308 Marlin Express.