Winchester 64 manufactured in 1941

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester 64 manufactured in 1941

Post by daisygordoninc »

I picked up a Winchester 64 manufactured in 1941, looks very nice, some wear, barrel is clean. I have wanted one for quite a while, of course I like anything Winchester lever action but I have always been outbid because they go for a pretty penny often.
I picked it up for $710 including shipping and am excited about actually hunting with it, it's a 30-30. Probably hunt deer here in Western Oregon. It may or may not be "collector" condition but it's one Winchester lever action I haven't owned until now.
When I get it I will try to get a picture of it posted. How many of you own one and perhaps hunt with it?
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 64 manufactured in 1941

Post by Booger Bill »

I have a nice one made in the early 1950`s. It was and still is almost new when I bought it around the mid 1970`s. I haven't hunted with it and only shot a box if that, trying it out. Mines in 30-30. My dad had one in .32 special with a peep and sling.

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Good find on a fine old Winchester!!

im not saying how many 94s I have but I do hunt with them & shoot the heck out of them!!
mostly shoot cast bullets in every thing

ollogger
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

This is my Winchester 64 Manufactured in 1941, I plan to hunt with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

Another picture of the 64 made in 1941
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

I have one in 32spl and have never shot it. Suppose I should do something about that someday as I have molds, new cases and dies.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

Another picture of the 64 made in 1941
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I have a 64A, which is the '72-'73 reproduction of the mdl 64. Won one while in the Navy, ($5 raffle winnings), and had it stolen shortly after returning home in '73. Went a number of years w/o one, bid on many of the originals, until Victor made me an offer I couldn't refuse for a NIB one he had. Just like the originals, a sweet balancing rifle. I feel none to less for having the "A" model! :P

Congrats on a great find, and a good buy!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Back around 1959 in Wisconsin I and my dad were deer hunting. I met a local farmer in the woods that missed a big buck and he blamed his rifle, a model 64 in .32 special. My dad bought it from him on the spot, in the woods. We drove him about 3 miles to his house so he could pick up a shotgun to finish the day. It had I think, a Redfield peep and a sling. I went home about in 1993 when my dad was 80 years old and found he had traded it on a Remington 760!! I knew he had made a big mistake but didnt point it out. Even so he shot a nice buck with the 760 when he was about 85 years old. He lived a month or two short of his 90th birthday. I have the Remington now, and had just put it back in the safe when he died in 2003. As I have many more "sophisticated" rifles I didn't get around to trying it out until about two years ago. I was pleasantly surprised. 30-06, accurate, fast handling and light. Whats not to like?

2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

I have a 64 in 25-35, made in 1939, given to me 42 years ago on my 14th birthday! I've own a lot of rifles since it became mine, but none have equaled it's accuracy with a Williams receiver sight. Shot my first deer with it about 5 months after I got it. I still have it after all these years and will be with me until I die. Perhaps one of my granddaughters will want it!
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

Mine is a 32 special. Definitely was hunted with...... a lot!
It has a 3.5 pound trigger that helps make it one my most accurate rifles.
I shot a 3/8" group at 50 yards with the open sights on a good day when my old eyes managed to focus!
The 64 is an elegant rifle that was made to be used!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Very nice 64s
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Booger Bill wrote:Back around 1959 in Wisconsin I and my dad were deer hunting. I met a local farmer in the woods that missed a big buck and he blamed his rifle, a model 64 in .32 special. My dad bought it from him on the spot, in the woods. We drove him about 3 miles to his house so he could pick up a shotgun to finish the day. It had I think, a Redfield peep and a sling. I went home about in 1993 when my dad was 80 years old and found he had traded it on a Remington 760!! I knew he had made a big mistake but didnt point it out. Even so he shot a nice buck with the 760 when he was about 85 years old. He lived a month or two short of his 90th birthday. I have the Remington now, and had just put it back in the safe when he died in 2003. As I have many more "sophisticated" rifles I didn't get around to trying it out until about two years ago. I was pleasantly surprised. 30-06, accurate, fast handling and light. Whats not to like?

Not to highjack but, that pump looks cool with that top mounted peep.

My dad has his dad's 1970s version of the 64. I bought him a Williams peep to put on it. Pretty cool rifle even though I prefer leverguns in carbine form. Unfortunately that era does not have the same standard of finish, so it has some rust after only light use. Those pre-war rifles are really nice!
PriseDeFer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PriseDeFer »

Daisy, you got the ranch owner's model, you'll walk in beauty when you take her hunting. I'll just get back to bunkhouse now and oil the freckles on the receiver of my post 64 94.