Apex predators

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Apex predators

Post by BigSky56 »

2 weeks ago I helped a buddy get a cow elk out of his pond the wolves had ham strung her and she was in the pond trying to cool off the damage she didnt make it so we dragged her up the hill a ways and put a game cam on her nothing came in for 3 days and nights so we pulled the camera a week later we were coming back from the far side of the ranch and saw a huge boar grizz on her no camera with me but he was 8 foot plus same boar thats been around here since 2007, we went back to the house to get cameras when we got back he had dragged her back into the brush and we couldnt get close enough to set up the camera besides I didnt loose anything in there to risk a fight over. How I know the bear is 8+ ft he got in the back of a neighbors trk bed last fall to eat elk bones and scrapes that was going to the dead animal pile and he filled up the truck bed. danny
pic of cow from ranch road
1_001_03_01.JPG
2007 pic of bear
Bear 231.jpg
wolf that came out of the pack that haunts the ranch
2014.png
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Apex predators

Post by gamekeeper »

Danny, you sure lead an interesting life, I can only dream of seeing such things... :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Danny isn't the picture of the bear by the pen close to your house?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Jerry, no on my buddys ranch about 3/4 mile south from my place as the crow flys. danny
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

gamekeeper wrote:Danny, you sure lead an interesting life, I can only dream of seeing such things... :mrgreen:
True, and you don't see the big predators in your countryside, but you gotta admit, you sure get lots of time afield, and lots of action when you are out and about. 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

AJMD429 wrote:
gamekeeper wrote:Danny, you sure lead an interesting life, I can only dream of seeing such things... :mrgreen:
True, and you don't see the big predators in your countryside, but you gotta admit, you sure get lots of time afield, and lots of action when you are out and about. 8)
I admit that there are not many days when I don't walk around with a rifle or shotgun but it would sure make life interesting if I could bump into a Grizzly now again!.... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

BigSky, what would you guess is the approximate weight of the wolf? By boy and I were enjoying the pics, and wondered.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Wolves can sure ruin a lot of livestock, can't they? As far as Grizzly bears go, I don't want to be too close to one without some means to defend myself if necessary. I don't trust bears to be the big friendly cuddly things that some anti-hunters seem to think they are. Bears are omnivores, and we humans happen to be potential menu choices. Maybe not the top choice, but we are still potential food sources for them, and that takes away all trust I have in them as a species.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

80 lbs alpha female of the pack, moose on the ranch have dropped from 12-15 per day to 5 or 6 all summer moose calves arent making it to yearlings ranch has 7 ponds 1 to 20 acres. Yep I pack a bellygun when out and about you never know when you can bump into a predator most the time its a single six, nice and light I forget I have it on me sometimes alot of guys pack a big rev and cause of improper holster leave it in the vehicle to get out and do something. My buddy usually carries a FN 5.7x28 because he couldnt find a keltec PMR 30, its the shooter not the gun. danny
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Apex predators require an Apex rifle! :wink:
http://www.cva.com/Apex-Rifle-from-CVA.php
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31