Thumbler's Tumblers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Thumbler's Tumblers

Post by Bronco »

A fact to know! I have a Thumbler’s Tumbler model B. Factory belts break often and they don’t recommend buying a spare because they break or dry out on the shelf. Been using a drive belt that went to an old Hoover vacuum for years, It is starting to crack but still works and they don’t make the vacuum drive belt anymore. Wanted to get a spare! After some research found that an O- Ring from Grainger’s work perfectly. Part # 1CHC8. Original cost $7.00, Grainger’s cost $1.90 and is made of the same material of the Hoover belt.
Found some O-Rings for $0.90' but had to pay for shipping. I live near a Grainger store , so free to store shipping.. :D :D

Just thought you might like to know
John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Thumbler's Tumblers

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Thanks!!! 8)
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Greetings and Thanks from another user of the older Tumblers.
My drive belt broke while I was down here years ago. Found an industrial "O" ring at a Big R store that worked well. Probably by now that one has cracked to pieces also.
Mike in Peru
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

I went up town to hydraulic store. Usually have in stock.
Byron
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

I've been using vacuum cleaner belts that I buy at Ace Hardware, but they cost more than the O-ring. Will give the O-ring a try next time.

One thing I did to both my Thumler's Tumblers was modify the motor mount to make it adjustable. I broke the motor mount spot welds from the base, then drilled two holes in the mount and two slotted holes in the base. I attached the mount with two small threaded screws and nuts, and now I can adjust the motor closer or further from the drive wheel to achieve proper belt tension.

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

Bronco wrote:A fact to know! I have a Thumbler’s Tumbler model B. Factory belts break often and they don’t recommend buying a spare because they break or dry out on the shelf. Been using a drive belt that went to an old Hoover vacuum for years, It is starting to crack but still works and they don’t make the vacuum drive belt anymore. Wanted to get a spare! After some research found that an O- Ring from Grainger’s work perfectly. Part # 1CHC8. Original cost $7.00, Grainger’s cost $1.90 and is made of the same material of the Hoover belt.
Found some O-Rings for $0.90' but had to pay for shipping. I live near a Grainger store , so free to store shipping.. :D :D

Just thought you might like to know
John

Thanks for the tip! :)
Merle from PA