40 Years Ago Today...Where Were You ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 40 Years Ago Today...Where Were You ?

Post by Booger Bill »

A Lockheed Aircraft company guard at Plant 42, Palmdale California. 1965 to 2,000. 1965 to 1969 at the Burbank plant. It`s gone.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Chiropractic school, just got engaged.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

snowyowl
Levergunner

Post by snowyowl »

When off duty at Ft Lewis I was over at North Fort Lewis helping the Red Cross the whole month of May 1975 helping with the South Vietnamese orphans that just arrived and kept coming daily. April and May of 1975 has been on my mind of recent.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

Because his story is so incredible, I'm gonna add a "40 years ago" story on behalf of a good pal of mine who isn't a levergunner.

40 years ago, he was an 11-yr-old kid in Saigon. Yep, he is VN by birth & nationality. On that April 1975 day in Saigon he had his 2-yr-old sister on his back as his family boarded a small boat, along with many other escaping VN's. They floated down to the South China Sea and got picked up & put aboard a Navy ship. They eventually ended up in the USA.
These days, he has a Ph.D in computer engineering and is a Captain in the U.S. Navy.

Cheers,

Carl
roughcreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by roughcreek »

Electronic Technician with VAQ-137 (EA6B PROWLER) on the USS ENTERPRISE off the coast of Vietnam
Roughcreek
trapper45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by trapper45 »

Flying around, passing gas -- from a KC-135.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Working as a Scuba Diving instructor in Daytona Beach and Key West Florida. Six months later
entered the Air Force.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Sophomore in High School.

My wife to be was a freshman.
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I would have been looking forward to Saturday night at the Drive-In, with my girlfriend, in my new 1975 F250 four wheel drive pickup and not a serious care in the world. Life was great. Sometimes I wish I could go back and start again from there.
NRA Life Member, Patron
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

I was in the last month of 4th grade.
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mike Armstrong »

Trying to teach college students how to write a simple report at Univ. of Idaho and wondering what my next career would be. (Turns out it was teaching engineers, management types, and bean counters how to write complex reports more simply....so they could understand each other).
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I would have been a young boy playing around in the desert near Mesa, AZ or hanging out at Falcon Field or Chandler Airport waiting for the Old Man to get done flying so I could go home and play around in the desert some more. On weekends, we shot a good bit out towards the Superstitions. That was some serious fun and a gun nut was born.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Ft Hood TX, 8th Engineer Bn, 1st Cav Div, waiting for permanent orders for the transfer to EOD after TDY to the unit next to the base ball field and bowling alley.
It is not the critic who counts