Lead in Venison

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Buck Dane
Levergunner

Lead in Venison

Post by Buck Dane »

Maybe alot of you have heard, the food shelves in MN and North Dakota have removed ALL venison donated to the foodshelves for the needy. It seems a doctor with strong anti-hunting ties has found lead in a sample of meat donated by hunters. According to reports, lead from bullets is found through out the animal after being shot. This means that lead bullets should be removed from use.
I can't see how man has survived all these years without having these so called doctors to protect us.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good, Maybe his BMW or his wife's Lexus will get a deer thrown through it's windshield from the rapidly increasingly deer population.
The so called "upper class" or "educated" individuals are the biggest complainers of deer here in Pennsylvania. Back in the Seventies, they campaigned for the deer because "their voice could not be heard". Now that we are overrun with deer and that the yuppie's fancy cars are gettin' smashed up and the deer are eating their high dollar ornamental shrubs, they claim we need to spend more money on "deer birth control". Man! I just want to eat 'em. :D Tarts they are, the whole bunch are tarts------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

BS
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I would like to see the actual lab analysis on that deer meat. That 'doctor' sounds like a man with an agenda, using 'junk science' to make his case. By gum, I wonder what he'd say about touching a fishing weight!
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

I can't believe this load of BS came from a North Dakota doctor. :shock:
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

Not to muddy the water too much, but, does our "good" M.D. smoke or drink? :D
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

My personal belief is that the same thing happened here in CA,
An unsubstantiated report by a dubious (read liberal affiliated)
person that has snowballed into what we have here now.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Unfortunately, the burden of proof to the contrary is on us.

I would love to know the dermatologists methods, and sample size. Did he test non-game meat from the same processors? What about deer taken by bow and arrow?

Also, is it at all possible that lead in the meat came from the deer ingesting it?

We had best get on this before legislation gives the herd mind what it wants.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

A real study would be peer reviewed and published. It would have to show that the lead came from the bullet and not from some other source or contamination of the samples and I do mean samples, plural. Plus there would have to be control samples from non-shot deer to be able to make the comparison. Then, there would have to be independent confirmation of this by other scientists. This doctor, I suspect, is selling us hogwash. We need to see the published study. Where is it? Same with that stuff in CA and Condors. Did anyone actually see a paper published in a mainstream, peer-reviewed science journal? I'm thinking we're being sold a pig and a poke.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I posted on this earlier.

The Dermatologist is a member of a "save the raptors" group.

I'll find my post in a bit.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!