Landlords, moving, and stuff

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Landlords, moving, and stuff

Post by J Miller »

Rant On.

I have decided that:

>I despise landlords. -- On the despicable list I put them just under democrats.
>I hate renting a place to live. -- This will be the third place we've been forced out of by the actions of the landlords since we've been in IL.
>I can't put the feelings I have towards banks in acceptable terms.
>I have way too many personal possessions, many from when I was a home owner. -- Some I could just dump, but others I can't.
>I can never get rid of things without taking a skinning. -- It seems if I want something I have to pay full retail or better for it. Should I want to sell it, I can't give it away. Never have understood that.
>I'm too darn old and decrepit for this moving stuff. -- Mostly decrepit, IL has all but killed me.
>I made too many wrong choices in my life that are coming back to bite me. -- One of which was not having children. I so need help right now. The rest we won't go into.

To sum it all up, if a person is unable for what ever reason to own his / her own home, they are foolish idiots to own more than their mode of transportation with a small trailer attached can carry.
Be that mode of transportation a horse and pack mule, or a car / truck with a cargo trailer on it makes no difference.
They also should not marry or have children.
If a person cannot put down roots, (a rental house is not roots) about all he / she is suitable for is a nomads life.
And ... I'm even too old and decrepit for that now.

Oh yes, I do know that there are those of you that will tell me this is all my fault because I could just up and move at a moments notice if I really wanted to, just do it Joe - God how many times have I heard you guys say that. Well it just doesn't work that way when you're married. Wish it did.

RANT OFF.

Good bye for now, I doubt I'll be back on the forum much in the future. If anyone here wants to contact me, a PM or email is the way to do it. One of us will see that.

So long .. Via Con Dios me amigos.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Landlords, moving, and stuff

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Sorry you feel that way Joe, in regards to leaving the forum and such.

The rest of it is unfortunately the breaks of life in general. Someone once said that luck is 90% of fate....really believe that might be true.

Can not say too much in regards to landlords, renting, and that kind of stuff...my experience on that only lasted a year or so forty years ago. Lived in a 1963 Econoline van for a couple years while going to college, but I was not married at the time. As soon as I got married...she wanted a roof over her head, never could figure that woman out...marriage ended eighteen years later. But by living in the van those couple years I had managed to save enough jingle (I worked full time third shift in a can factory...they had good showers and facilities) to pay off school when I graduated and purchase a spot of land. Had to do it or the landlord we had might have had an oxygen problem.

No reason to let go of us though...those of us on this forum will be the worse for your absence.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

O.T.H.,

I'm not leaving the forum due to anger or anything like that. I'm just gonna be busy as all get out, and when we do move I have no idea when we'll be back on line. That's all. I've been here since this forums inception, I have no intention of leaving. I worded that pretty bad didn't I?

I just finished a run to the storage locker and the pharmacy and am taking a rest till I start loading the truck again.
Got a new ( to me ) anti-inflamatory drug for the back. It's called Nabumetone. Hope it works.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Hey Joe, I bet some of us can fix you up with kids. How many do you want? I am with you on that moving business. I have always detested moving. I cant speak for everyone else, but we have collected so much stuff the thought of moving again makes me back against the wall. Through the years I have went up and down in weight so many times I never threw anything out. I keep three different size wardrobes. Collecting stuff and keeping it all has always been a big mistake of mine. If we didn't own so much needless junk I would be moving too.
I rented many years. Now somehow we not only own our own house but also a rental. It is NO fun being a slumlord! Never again!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Good luck with the packing and storage. I've had things in storage off and on for a long time. If you leave a path through the middle so you can get to things all along and to the back it really helps. I built shelves out of scrap lumber and made some shelves for boxes and plastic tubs also.

Hope you get a workable plan going on moving and getting out of Illinois. Also hope your new meds work.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Booger Bill wrote: Through the years I have went up and down in weight so many times I never threw anything out. I keep three different size wardrobes. Collecting stuff and keeping it all has always been a big mistake of mine.
Must be because of the Wisconsin gene pool. err..I mean jean pool. Have had to build extra closets...each with different sizes. XL, XXL, and XXXL...34-36W, 38-40W, and also a 42-44W go figure. If I had to move, I would just take the biggest and naturally grow into them.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Once we know what your decisions and final plans are - we may be able to offer more collective help; keep us posted as to where you are headed, and perhaps someone will be near enough to there to help you contact honest people to find a place to live, job, etc...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

As I get older, less is more. I want a smaller house with a smaller yard with lower property taxes. I want a lightweight ,yet power full hunting lever with a short barrel { win 94-356} :D A smaller 4X4 truck with a V8. At this point in my life, I'd rather have a fat bank account than too many toys that I don't have the time to play with. :twisted:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

tman wrote: I want a lightweight ,yet power full hunting lever with a short barrel { win 94-356} :D
I've always liked your thoughts on this matter! :mrgreen: For a one levergun hunter, it would be hard to beat.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Joe if I lived near you I would come over and help you out. I'm not that old but I know how you feel about moving. My wife and I just moved ourselves last year. I'll keep you in my prayers.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

joe, i want to help. do u have a paypal account ?

if not send me a snail mail address good for the near future and i will get in touch !

cable
cable
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

hfcable wrote:joe, i want to help. do u have a paypal account ?

if not send me a snail mail address good for the near future and i will get in touch !

cable
Yes we do have a PayPal account. We'll PM you the information.

Thank you so very much for your offer.

Joe & Elaine
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

AJMD429 wrote:Once we know what your decisions and final plans are - we may be able to offer more collective help; keep us posted as to where you are headed, and perhaps someone will be near enough to there to help you contact honest people to find a place to live, job, etc...
Will do.

Joe
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

cable
I hope you don't mind me thanking you publicly, after all you did offer publicly.

I cannot put into words the appreciation we feel right now. The help will be put to good use. That I promise.

Joe and Elaine
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Court day in about 3.5 hours. I'm so stressed already I need a Valium or two.

I'm praying and hoping for the best, and thanks to those of you that are praying and keeping us in your thoughts, I know it will help.

I'll report back one way or the other when this is done.

Joe
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

J Miller wrote:

cable
I hope you don't mind me thanking you publicly, after all you did offer publicly.

I cannot put into words the appreciation we feel right now. The help will be put to good use. That I promise.

Joe and Elaine
I dont mind, and i am just glad i could help. :)
cable
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Prayers up Joe.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well, this just adds more fuel to my dislike of landlords.

We found out today that while the previous landlord was not paying his mortgage, he was telling the bank we were not paying him. The lying son-of-bitch.
We have canceled checks and receipts to prove he was lying, but I doubt the bank will care.
He has now slandered us and the bank wants us out because they think we're dead beats.

It doesn't help that the bank lady with no ID and nothing but a single sheet of paper came to the door and said we're the new owners hand me the rent.
Excuse me! Who the hell are you? Prove to me who you are.

It's all screwed up.

I suspect we'll get till the end of the month to find a street corner to live on.

Joe