"The name is Bond, James Bond"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

"The name is Bond, James Bond"

Post by cshold »

8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: "The name is Bond, James Bond"

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm no James Bond but I was one of the few Brits legally shooting .32ACP PPK last friday, my local dealer has what is known as section 5 authority and he has made me a servant of the company, so I get to shoot all kinds of stuff that our nanny state has deemed too dangerous for ordinary law abiding members of the public have...
I also had another go with his Scorpion in full auto. :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

What is usually prohibited about a 32 ACP PPK...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

AJMD429 wrote:What is usually prohibited about a 32 ACP PPK...???
It's a handgun in Britain. That's all it needs to be to be "illegal".

Me, I'm a big fan of the platform. Wish I had one in SS as an EDC.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

That is a nice looking PPK/S.
I spent a lot of time looking for a nice used PP in 7.65 a few years ago. I finally gave up and bought a PPK in .380 caliber.
A decent used 7.65 was going to cost several hundreds more than a brand-new 380. Go figure...

Jack
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Introduced in 1929, two years before its PPK variant, the Walther PP became quickly popular in Europe as a reliable and concealable police pistol. Like the older Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless, it was offered for two of the most popular cartridges of the era, the 9×17 mm Kurz (or .380 ACP) and the 7.65 mm (or .32 ACP), but the Walther offered a slight reduction in size that gave it an edge in terms of concealed carry over the venerable Colt.

Where the Colt Model 1903 weighed 24 ounces, an unloaded PP weighed only 23 ounces. The Colt 1903 was 7″ long with a 4″ barrel; the Walther PP was 6.7″ long with a 3.9″ barrel. Never before had a pistol been so compact yet so reliable. Offering a magazine of either eight .32 or seven .380 rounds – also like the Colt – the PP ensured that a person could have a reasonable amount of firepower without much physical burden. The PPK, which Ian Fleming would eventually issue to his fictional spy, was even smaller with a length just over six inches and a 3.3″ barrel. Due to its size, the PPK would soon eclipse the PP in popularity until, eventually, production of the PP would cease in favor of the PPK and its variants.

A West German Walther PP chambered in .32 ACP and manufactured in 1972. The model used in Dr. No was chambered in .380 ACP with a flat magazine base, had brown bakelite grips, and was certainly manufactured at least ten years earlier than this model.
A West German Walther PP chambered in .32 ACP and manufactured in 1972. The model used in Dr. No was chambered in .380 ACP with a flat magazine base, had brown bakelite grips, and was certainly manufactured at least ten years earlier than this model.

The actual Walther PP used by Sean Connery in Dr. No was auctioned by Christie’s on December 5, 2006, raking in $106,704. Its serial number was #19174A; tracking the serial number reveals that Bond’s PP was manufactured in 1940… likely for the Nazi German war machine. Based on the photos, it had been fitted with new grips and a different magazine with an extension spur (as seen in the above photo). The auction included Bond’s firearms from many films from Dr. No through Die Another Day.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

"The actual Walther PP used by Sean Connery in Dr. No was auctioned by Christie’s on December 5, 2006, raking in $106,704. Its serial number was #19174A; tracking the serial number reveals that Bond’s PP was manufactured in 1940… likely for the Nazi German war machine."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

More Interarms.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Hottest Bond girl ever.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Could be a debate coming here :)

Then again, as I think about it, a few pics by an amateur photographer that I know would rival this. Of course he does use a professional model.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Of course, there is one of my yoga instructors. :)

tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

casastahle wrote:Hottest Bond girl ever.
+1, but you need the pic of her standing in the water in a bikini, wearing a knife. :oops:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

tman wrote:
+1, but you need the pic of her standing in the water in a bikini, wearing a knife. :oops:

MMmmm MOCHA!
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

tman wrote:
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

casastahle wrote:
tman wrote:
That one! :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote:I'm no James Bond but I was one of the few Brits legally shooting .32ACP PPK last friday, my local dealer has what is known as section 5 authority and he has made me a servant of the company, so I get to shoot all kinds of stuff that our nanny state has deemed too dangerous for ordinary law abiding members of the public have...
I also had another go with his Scorpion in full auto. :D
John - glad you had a chance to shoot these! :D

Mike - cool pictures! 8)
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

In the first (Dr. NO ?) movie before Bond received the Walter he carried a .25 ACP does anyone remember the make ?

rick
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Rick,

He carried a Beretta.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Hagler wrote:Rick,

He carried a Beretta.

Shawn
Bingo, Shawn!
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

He was told that the .32 ACP hit like a brick through a plate glass window. Actually, more like a marble from a slingshot against a cast iron frying pan. The .25 was not much different. I like the line where a Charles Bronson character told the other character, if you shoot me with that, it will just make me mad.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

PillHer sold her PPK/s several years ago for a Springfield XD. She made a great trade in my opinion. That PPK/s liked to bite the hand that shot it, was not accurate, and would not feed reliably with Winchester white box, or Federal red box. I will never own one, and PillHer will never own another. Llama made the only firearm that I have ever seen that was worse.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

piller wrote:He was told that the .32 ACP hit like a brick through a plate glass window. Actually, more like a marble from a slingshot against a cast iron frying pan. The .25 was not much different. I like the line where a Charles Bronson character told the other character, if you shoot me with that, it will just make me mad.
Funny but true: I bought a pair of CZ50 .32s from the Darmstadt Poleizi whilst working for Unka in FRG. The REASON that the local PD was selling off all of its .32 was - "Because they are too lethal." :shock:

Of course, the reason they are "too lethal" is that they were super accurate guns, but the only way to stop a BG was a placed-CNS-shot. So they were migrating to 9mms so they could shoot for center mass and actually have a chance at a Stop instead of a guaranteed kill...

But, FWIW, my EDC is a .32ACP still...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

piller wrote:PillHer sold her PPK/s several years ago for a Springfield XD. She made a great trade in my opinion. That PPK/s liked to bite the hand that shot it, was not accurate, and would not feed reliably with Winchester white box, or Federal red box. I will never own one, and PillHer will never own another. Llama made the only firearm that I have ever seen that was worse.
Never cared for the "S" Fed Gunlaw kludge. Ruined the lines and feel of the gun. I'll take a PPK over a PPK/S any day.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!