Colt 1911: Original configuration, or Commander?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Colt 1911: Original configuration, or Commander?

Post by ceb »

I've had several over the years, for the range I prefer the full size, for ccw the LW Commander. I recently replaced the Commander as a primary carry with Colts new Wiley Clapp CCO, lightweight officer frame with standard commander top half. Best of both worlds. Still shoot the old PPC competitions with a Gold Cup.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

See, to me, the classic proportions of the Full Size 1911 are maintained in the CCO/Officers Lower+Commander Upper. Yeah, it loses a whole 2 rounds... of .45 Whompum sacrificed to concealability. Darn. I have a 25 rd stick if I need it.

Still my favorite CCW ever.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I have a couple of full size 1911s, one bone stock from 1946 and a Series 70 that has been tricked out with everything I need. Even a little engraving. Then there is the one with a 4" barrel, a little shorter than the Commander but really handy. It too has the port opened up, amby safeties, big beavertail, skelleton hammer and trigger and Novak sights. Made in the Phillipines and all I had to do was change the recoil spring from something very light to 18 pounds.

You need both!
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS