Wondering how BrentD did at the LRML shoot in Tennessee

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Wondering how BrentD did at the LRML shoot in Tennessee

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Brent took first in this long-range muzzleloading rifle match last March at Oak Ridge, Tenn.
He was doing well after day one at 200 and 300 yards, leaving day two with 600- and 1,000-yard targets.
Will post when I hear results.
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Re: Wondering how BrentD did at the LRML shoot in Tennessee

Post by plowboy 45 »

Hadn't seen Brent around sense the last big argument
Can't even find his name on the members list
Maybe he's doin well
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I hope he did well...

Edited to reflect some minor error... or not!
Last edited by Griff on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Long Range Muzzle Loading (LRML), Oak Ridge TN, match results here:

https://researchpressuk.wordpress.com/2 ... 015spring/
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Griff wrote:He posts over at AR15... sez the ambiance here is not to his liking. I hope he did well...
Griff,
Ain't he some kind of a college professor? You know, a "step above " us blue jeans, flannel shirt, pick up/jeep driving and beer gussling salt of the Earth dudes.----6
Model A Uzi’s
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Sixgun wrote:
Griff wrote:He posts over at AR15... sez the ambiance here is not to his liking. I hope he did well...
Griff,
Ain't he some kind of a college professor? You know, a "step above " us blue jeans, flannel shirt, pick up/jeep driving and beer gussling salt of the Earth dudes.----6
6 -- I have a Masters Degree and I don't think I'm a step above anybody. I like flannel shirts and blue jeans, use to own a jeep, never drank beer (just ice tea, my choice), don't own a cowboy hat or boots, I grew up in the streets of NY wearing Chuck Taylor high-top Converse sneakers...and now I hunt with a levergun in the Cascade Mountains of the Pacific Northwest... too bad "BrentD" has moved on... :/
sneaker.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Griff wrote:I hope he did well...
My BAD... I was thinkin' of COSteve!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:Griff,
I doan' know. But he sure took exception to my comment about "weather forecasters"... so I'm guessin'...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Brent is a great guy. He used to have a really nice Web site on paper patching bullets for black powder cartridge rifles. He is a professor at Iowa State.
With these sorts of cheap shots, I will re-evaluate my use of this forum, which was once the high-class place described in the forum rules. Sorry to see it.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Brent is a great guy. He used to have a really nice Web site on paper patching bullets for black powder cartridge rifles. He is a professor at Iowa State.
With these sorts of cheap shots, I will re-evaluate my use of this forum, which was once the high-class place described in the forum rules. Sorry to see it.
This is the last topic I could find that BrentD posted on:
http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... 87#p716387
Maybe some of you just need to pull those big boy pants UP!
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Brent no doubt was a great guy...He certainly knew his stuff. Thing is, it's hard to look up to someone when they are looking down at you all the time. :( (Not a cheap shot....I said as much to him directly)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

BlaineG wrote: ...hard to look up to someone when they are looking down at you all the time. :( (Not a cheap shot....I said as much to him directly)
And why did you feel it necessary to do that here? Seems to me it might have been more appropriate in a PM to him.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

GoatGuy wrote:
BlaineG wrote: ...hard to look up to someone when they are looking down at you all the time. :( (Not a cheap shot....I said as much to him directly)
And why did you feel it necessary to do that here? Seems to me it might have been more appropriate in a PM to him.
Beg pardon... IMO, that's a reasonably classy response to someone putting you down. Why do some people find it necessary to act superior to others? (Not you)
I find reciprocity to be a fair, and just protocal... :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
superchicken
Levergunner 2.0

Post by superchicken »

Y'all are not exactly the 'turn the other cheek' or 'live and let live' sort around here, are you?
Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

Brent was a regular on Shiloh and 24Hourcampfire. Maybe he could shoot, but he was best at shooting his mouth off. He is a liberal that has too many left political philosophies that ultimately destroy good American values.

Just because he likes guns and shooting, doesn't give him a pass, good riddance...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

superchicken wrote:Y'all are not exactly the 'turn the other cheek' or 'live and let live' sort around here, are you?
I've always maintained the attitude that if you can't poke fun at yourself... you shouldn't poke fun at other folks... There's a lot said on here in much jest, between several long time members that can be construed as "cheap shots"... and probably are... but not intended cruelly...

And such might not be perceived as "politely" by a relative newcomer... it's been my practice to try to avoid adding gas to the fire. Some have not been able to resist... Several really good folks have been run off in years past... over some rather trivial issues, which is why I generally stay away from the "Politics" forum. Like the Clinton era military, if I don't ask, please don't tell... and we'll get along just fine discussing guns and a wide range of other topics of general and specific interest. Don't be so thin-skinned that small jest gets your unmentionables all wadded up, and if something really irks you, send a PM to the guilty party and deal with it that way.

Rules I have for forums... don't imbibe while posting... there've been a few occasions when I've been tempted to respond, "...please step back from the bottle and keyboard mister..."; but in actual fact, I don't know anyone well enough here to say that to. I mighta said that I was tempted to actually post that in a PM to a couple of folks tho'! And I know I'm not alone in that.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Griff wrote:
Rules I have for forums... don't imbibe while posting... there've been a few occasions when I've been tempted to respond, "...please step back from the bottle and keyboard mister..."; but in actual fact, I don't know anyone well enough here to say that to. I mighta said that I was tempted to actually post that in a PM to a couple of folks tho'! And I know I'm not alone in that.
Great words to live by.

I also think that starting a topic with any member's username in it, might have unexpected results. A thread on Christ might draw detractors and a thread on Hitler might draw admirers.... We are all somewhere in between (well, most of us...while none exceed one parameter, a few might drop below the other.....)

When we ask, "What happened to ________", do we really want to hear....He's going through a terrible divorce....he got fired and is busy job-hunting.....he got arrested for......his wife is terminally ill.... or any other terrible thing that could keep someone away from the interweb for a while?

To paraphrase what we say often in Texas, "How about them Leverguns?"
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

vancelw wrote: When we ask, "What happened to ________", do we really want to hear....He's going through a terrible divorce....he got fired and is busy job-hunting.....he got arrested for......his wife is terminally ill.... or any other terrible thing that could keep someone away from the interweb for a while?
Sometimes we do like to hear what's going on. :twisted:

Personally, I never had a problem with Brent. He did me right on a purchase I made from him. Can't say the same for every deal I've made on here.
NRA Life Member