Nice little pocket-gun in 22 LR for $198 NIB...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Nice little pocket-gun in 22 LR for $198 NIB...

Post by AJMD429 »

Just got a flyer from BudsGunShop.com, and if I didn't already have a Beretta version of the same thing, I'd be ordering one now. As it is, the 'gun hoarder' in me is thinking "....I could use a - SPARE - just in case . . . :roll:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/74628
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: Nice little pocket-gun in 22 LR for $198 NIB...

Post by AmBraCol »

They are fun little poppers. When we gather at the range in SW MO the little Taurus is a general favorite. My brother had some issues with it and sent it back, they took care of him - but sent the wrong pistol back. Finally got it sorted out and it's been going good ever since. Don't know much about the newer ones. The older model DID have a multiple shot with one trigger pull a couple of times. A bit disconcerting, albeit it was only 22 lr. Still, there were others at the range and something like that can get blown out of proportion. I took it apart right there and blasted it out with carb cleaner, got it good and clean and then touched a bit of oil in the appropriate places. No more OOPS! firing. Still don't know what caused it, other than carbon and/or crud built up in the wrong place. They make for a pretty dandy packing piece for "targets of opportunity". The tilting barrel is right handy for folks with limited hand strength as it keeps them from having to rack the slide to chamber a round. Personally I'd like the same thing in 25 acp "just because". :) A longer barrel and adjustable sights would turn it into an even handier little package.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Doc, FWIW I bought a new one several years ago (but not with the polymer frame), that shot/functioned great, right from the get-go - but then went South, with a lot of mis-feeds & mis-fire's after about 300 rounds were put through it.

Since Taurus' warranty repair/return is like going through a Chinese Water Torture (It takes a LONG time), I elected to return it to the selling FFL (with full disclosure) for a credit towards another gun.

Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

My son also got one of those on a trade like NIB. It misfired numerous times and jammed others. He was NOT impressed!!!!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A friend uses Taurus exclusively, touting their great warranty. I'm happy for him that they have great warranties, because I think most of his shooters have been returned at one time or the other. In all fairness, I have a 50th Anniversary Blackhawk that needs to go back. It sort of fell apart :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Claude Werner discussed the little guns in some detail, partly in his blog (Tactical Professor) and on another forum. I think he was mostly dealing with the Berettas though.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

Iffin it came in a .22 Magnum I'd have to try one. :D
Byron
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

arjunky wrote:Iffin it came in a .22 Magnum I'd have to try one. :D
Byron
They ain't 198 Bucks, but, those S&W AirLites in .22mag are awesome....I've had a 317 LR AirLite since they came out and it's been flawless (very heavy double action trigger :o ) About 12oz loaded with 8 shots....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

A .22, while not a superb defense gun, remains an excellent defense gun as 99% of all confrontations are stopped with the mere presence of pointing the gun in the perps face.............the last I heard, not many people want to be shot....even with a .22---------6

As for anything else, I really can't see the need for a short barreled .22. If I'm hiking, woods bumming, or just working in the yard out back, I would much prefer to have a 4" ....something.-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD