When Irish Eyes Are Smiling

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling

Post by Pete44ru »

While touring Europe, in Rome a man noticed a marble column in St. Peter's Square that had a golden telephone mounted on it.

Since a young priest was passing by, the man asked what the golden telephone was for.

The priest told him that it was a direct line to heaven, and if he'd like to make a call, it would cost a $1,000 ! !

The tourist was amazed, but politely declined the offer.

Throughout Italy, the tourist kept seeing the same golden telephone mounted on a marble column.

At each location, he asked about it - and the answer was always the same: It was a direct line to heaven @ $1,000 per call.

Then, the tourist stopped in Ireland on his way home to the US.

While touring in Ireland, the tourist decided to attend a mass at a small village's church.

When he walked in the door to the church, there it was - the same golden telephone as in Italy.

Underneath this phone, however, there was a sign stating: "DIRECT LINE TO HEAVEN: $0.25 "

Seeing this, the tourist went to the parish priest, and said: "Father," I have been all over Italy, and in all the cathedrals I visited, I've seen golden telephones exactly like this one - but the cost to use the phone was $1,000 everywhere !
Why is it that using this one costs only 25 cents ? "

The priest replied: " Faith and begorrah, Son, you're in Ireland - it's a local call." ;)

A Happy St. Patrick's Day to all you leprechauns out there - and stay safe after attending any party !

Griff
Posting leader...

Re: When Irish Eyes Are Smiling

Post by Griff »

Now... that'n I LIKE!! :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I could see that one coming. :D
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Happy Saint Paddy's Day to all those inclined:)
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

I've emailed this to some of my Irish-leaning friends this morning. Thank you for posting it.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:D :D :D